Auction house changes, yay or nah?

The quantity of items on the AH are going to plummet. There is an entire (small) community who keep re-posting rare and difficult items, sometimes for months… and those are going to be history (so prepare to farm yourself).

Prices will also go up - the high volume posters keep the prices low due to competitive posting.

So, you won’t find what you want and, if you do, it will be costly… the AH will then become less of a “go-to” item.

And the people that used to hang around (for years) just screwing with the AH to get over serious content droughts are going to … leave.

It’s all part of a plan to remove the social aspects of this MMO.

15 Likes

You post things at a price people are willing to pay.

Look at nintendo. They still price their games at $50-60, years after they came out because people are willing to pay that.

4 Likes

Yes, the AH “no lifers”…how about the PVP “no lifers?” Agreed, need to get rid of them now!

A resounding nay to the AH change. There are better, more thought-out solutions that could be implemented.

1 Like

I am not a power AH user, I use it rarely to post many things, but sometimes I clean out my bags and post around 50-60 auctions at a time…rarely, like once every month or something. That threshold is really low if we can hit it doing 15 items. It is going to severely jack up prices of things for people because there will be no reason to farm goods to sell if you cannot post them quickly and effectively. I am not looking forward to this in a couple weeks…

2 Likes

A million times this. TSM is the downfall of the Wow economy. It automates way to many things.

5 Likes

There can only be one answer to Kaivax’s post and the reasons they gave for implementing the fix: emphatic no way.

If there are problems due to botting then work on fixing botting. That’s an issue that transcends just the AH.

If there are problems due to botting in Classic then fix Classic - don’t mess with retail.

If there are server stability issues just due to the mechanics of how the AH works internally, fix the servers.

Don’t try to state that a few players are taking advantage of add-ons to hurt the game for the average player when at the same time you put an AH mount in the game and price such that only those people who do use add-ons to work the AH can afford it.

I’ve been playing for 14 years now. The AH has changed ONCE in that time (and not for the better, imo). For 14 years, the type of behavior they’re stating is the reason for putting this fix in has been the norm, and they’ve never expressed any serious issue with it. Suddenly it’s a serious enough issue to drop in a hotfix with no advance warning? I don’t buy that for a second.

I’m sure there’s a legit issue behind this, and I’m willing to bet that if they made that issue public, and solicited player feedback on it, we’d end up with a much better solution and a much better AH. I’m all for that. But the posted reason for eliminating the usefulness of the AH doesn’t hold water, and don’t use that as a reason to make the game less enjoyable for everyone.

11 Likes

… TSM does not automate anything, everything it does requires human interaction.

Good lord you people are like a broken record.

17 Likes

Flipping is literally just market liquidity.

1 Like

I’m squarely in the “meh, whatever” camp. I use the auction house like a sailor on shore leave who has just been paid.

3 Likes

So do TSM defenders.

2 Likes

Also the pet market. Expect to see cheap pets new people like to use disappear as they cut into the throttle limit

TSM, Auctionator, Auctioneer, they all do the same thing, and none of it is automated.

TSM actually just killed their sniping supposedly, since it was a lot of the problem.

10 Likes

Maybe you aren’t using the right TSM then.

1 Like

You’re basicly just repeating yourself.
We disagree on this.
I’m pro-costumers, you’re pro-sellers.

Show me oh great one, how you don’t need to press post or cancel on EVERYTHING you post.

2 Likes

Maybe you don’t know WTF your talking about. There is no automation.

3 Likes

You’re either trolling or completely ignorant to what TSM is. Once you set it up and import the realm data, all you do is hit post. No thought involved. It automatically posts.

2 Likes

You may be in control but when you can click a button and post 25 or 50 or however many auctions that is automation.

2 Likes

You legit have to press a key for every single ‘post’ or ‘cancel’ or ‘buy’ that you make.

11 Likes

Okay, so, here’s the thing:

I logged on, posted 25 BoEs.
Logged out for 20 minutes.
Logged on, started post scan for another 25 BoEs I have. At 22 scans (I had not posted anything this session yet, it was just searching to grab the prices), the speed went from 1 scanned/sec to 1 scanned/5 sec.
From there, scan finished, I started posting. Each piece took 3-5 seconds each to post. Typically they take about 1 second.
Keep in mind, I hadn’t posted more than 25 things before it slowed me to a snail’s pace. So it was counting searches in the restriction limit and restricted me from posting after that.

I’m exhausted already. I don’t flip, undercut, scam, or anything. I just sell BoEs to hopefully make a bit of gold on the side as a hobby. Everything I sell is something I gathered myself.

8 Likes