Auction house abuse

WORST part of this is that in the instance of people using addons to scan AH’s to avoid those who post the 1 cloth for 988g, our addons often crash the game or take FOR-EV-ER to scan because of idiots like this…

I MUCH much MUCH much prefer the Retail AH. SO much better, as many other MMO’s have discovered to stop these types of losers.

Pretty sure this would be botting and not an addon. As someone who snipes (and has been accused of and supposedly reported for being a bot/cussed out/supposedly reported for ‘griefing’/etc . . . by some very angry players) there are subtle methods I use to ensure that if I notice the item, I will likely beat others to the item. Only addon I use for this is TSM, the rest is just common sense, a second monitor, and a second account.

I personally do not know of any addon that auto snipes/auto cancels while a player is not actively logged in. Don’t blame addons . . . either it is a legitimate player like myself (who is just quicker), a bot, or a player/a bot running third party software.

3 Likes

It was a player who explained to me that they were using an addon to both snipe and cancel auctions on the neutral AH. Your explanation likely sounds correct though.

However they do it, it’s clearly not fun for the honest gamer.

If you are dedicated to the AH game, and you aren’t cheating, more power to you!

There’s nothing dishonest in using free, allowed, readily available tools to increase one’s competitive edge on the AH.

1 Like

Uhm, I’m not going to argue with a stranger. There is something wrong with exploiting a game, period. If you don’t know that inherently, I can’t help you. No one said all addons are bad. No one said anything about them being free, or readily available. . . .

Also, have a great evening, I mean you no harm.

There’s nothing exploitative about using allowed systems while playing WoW, or any other game.

Don’t like them? Don’t use them.

2 Likes

Get Auctionator

But the thing is, the addon is 1) not an exploit, 2) known by Blizzard, 3) Free, 4) been around for years at this point

You can still be an “honest gamer” and not be a gamer who willfully chooses to put themself at a disadvantage.

1 Like

Again, you arent using your reading comprehension very well. Please scroll up and read the context of the post. You simply aren’t getting it.

I’m not talking about any specific addon . . . ok, i’m done. You young people don’t even read the context of posts, and just assume you understand what is being said. Please work on your reading comprehension skills. This is all for me. I experimented on the forums and see that my complaints about this game’s community are indeed valid. Peace out!

Naw, I get it.

You demonize anything you don’t like.

This is exactly why we got new auction house in retail. Sadly for authenticity we have to use old garbage barely working AH

I don’t think the solution is to punish a player for posting a single item, that is unreasonable, however give us a better functionality in regards to ways to sort items by quantities and prices and qualities so we can find what we are looking for easier.

I can’t even be mad when some dude whose name is just 8 alt-codes lists EVERY ITEM IN THE GAME for 901g ea
it’s like someone unleashed the craziest bot ever to catch gold buying nubs who click too fast

do you guys have addons that disables the ARE YOU SURE? popup. cuz idk how ppl fall for it

There are two solutions to this…

A). Blizzard adds in the new auction house.

B). You get an auction house addon like Auctionator, Auctioneer, Aux, or TSM.

Which do you think is more likely to happen.

I mean, I wouldn’t be completely opposed to getting the retail AH. I like being able to buy only the exact amount I need for the cheapest possible price.

Indeed it is the one retail thing I couldn’t see anyone actually mind being implemented. Outside of those trying to scam people who aren’t paying enough attention or do not have an auction house addon.

When? Never. Blizzard won’t help you play a player-vs-player sub-game. And the auction house is definitely a player-vs-player sub-game. Blizzard won’t help you play arenas, or duels, or BGs, or the AH.

Should Blizzard prevent you from making mistakes in battlegrounds? In duels? This is an adult game. You are SUPPOSED to be hurt by your mistakes. You are SUPPOSED to trick other players into making mistakes.

Personally I use Auctionator. Its Buy tab list all items at the same prices on ONE LINE. That’s pretty much the only feature that I use. But it’s handy.

I mind. If I want to play retail, I play retail. If I want to play TBC, I play TBC.

Nobody wants to play “a game that is similar to TBC, but with any improvements that Jirukon likes”. I have not seen even ONE post asking Blizzard to implement that game instead of TBC.