Auction house abuse

When are we going to be able to ignore people who spam auction house. Seems to be a small group of people who like to post pages and pages of a single silk cloth. Can we either limit how many auctions an account can have? or allow people to use ignore to ignore people who spam the auction house with single items (pages and pages in some cases) or try to trick people to spend a 988g for a single cloth?

16 Likes

Better sorting options like “lowest buyout price” or “stacks greater than X”.

6 Likes

Do what Lynch DK weird thing said, and or get Aucitator or TSM It’ll make your life easier.

1 Like

This would also work and prevent spamming abuse when people post using auction mods/bots.

I think this is for stream-sniping, because streamers looks chat while they’re buying things. Any avg player can see prices , and I don’t think you will make a mistake when buying

Nah people just don’t pay attention in general.

It would be nice to have better sorting option, but for now there are addons that you can download that will fix this issue for you. I personally use TSM.

another thread about this in Classic Era , I almost lost all my gold

These Abusers of the Auction House are a Disease period. Yes Blizzard can fix this, but over the years they have left it to the player base to be careful and watch their purchases. The Warring text is nothing and they know it and if you are on Autopilot you will lose your shirt.

2 Likes

I don’t find this to be an issue.

What you do is if you’re looking to buy see if there are lower prices that got pushed off the page. If not you can buy exactly what you need for the lowest current price.

If you’re looking to sell, undercut that jerk.

This is coming from someone who will routinely post 100 - 200 + cloth 1 at a time with the express purpose of pushing everyone else off the 1st page or two knowing some people will not bother to look past the 1st page.

1 Like

The option is minimum buyout feature, " Set your" Min/ Max buyout to said amount let’s say nothing over 25g.

1 Like

The AH is really terrible. Dozens of pages of single stack items, 900g traps everywhere…

Nobody likes people who do this, dude.

9 Likes

You don’t find it an issue … SLAM !! your the problem for a lot of players that just want to sell a few items for repairs and get a sell and go. Posting 200 silk on front page is BS period never should of been allowed in the first place it’s wrong.

1 Like

Which is why it needs better sorting filters. A few filters and all of this stuff is a non-issue.

1 Like

I agree with you.

Again, undercut the person that did it. That’ll put your items on the 1st page at the top. So stop being a baby. If yours got pushed off the front page it’s no different than if 50 people undercut you.

1 Like

Except it takes literally like 5-10 minutes for those addons to compile a list of auctions for stuff like silk cloth, and then if you try to click and buy one in the UI it freezes or takes a really long time to process.

1 Like

It’s abuse of the system , you want to spend your day undercutting players go right ahead I will enjoy my playing time as I please.

Your Toxic response just shows how far off your thinking is compared to real players , you AH great ,I won’t and many other will do the same that’s the point so the circle continues until Blizzard fixes the Auction House filtering and will have more Scammers posting 1 copper / 999g.

2 Likes

How? Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it an abuse of the system.

I don’t. I only put cloth up when I have cloth from playing. I’m not one of those people who sit on the AH all day. Hence why I split the cloth to push everyone off the 1st page.

1 Like

Don’t forget the addons being used, many of which should be banned. They allow auctions to be auto sniped or cancelled while player isn’t even in the game. It’s a damned mess, and I cancelled my sub over it. (Obviously will sub back in heartbeat if something happens to improve this.)

Naw.

I make a couple hundred gold a week off these folks and their 1c starting bids.

1 Like