I almost lost all my gold

It’s early in the morning, I thought I would make a couple of potions before I went to bed. I started buying a mass amount of herbs for the recipes.

Click Buy, are you sure you want to pay 7s, yes.
Repeat x50
Until…
Click Buy, are you sure you want to pay 711g…
I was so close, finger on the mouse button close to losing everything I’ve saved for TBC in a single press of a button.

This is not right, in no world should a 7S bid and 711g buyout be allowed across hundreds of items. I am aware there are no rules against this and it’s hard to draw that line, but this is one of most blantent and most harmful scams I’ve ever seen. The same few people do this on grob, like these players could easily taken care of in a matter of 5 minutes per server.

What if you lost 1000g due to this, what if you lost half your gold right now before TBC? How would you feel? Honest question. Would you even want to continue to play this game?

If your thinking this can’t happen to you, this scam is on every server, your server. It’s happened to streamers, it’s happened to people on my server, it just about happened to me and I’ve been playing this game since actaul vanilla. If it never worked, why do these scammers do it in the first place? Ask yourself that.

Yeah this a extremely unusual drama post from me, but since there is nothing I can do to report it, I am posting it here for that 1 in million chance someone sees this with the power to do something about it.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any feedback even if you don’t see my views. I always try my best to provide the best feedback I can with good intentions.

1 Like

Manipulating others like this is just wrong. Yes, you should be careful, but you don’t deserve to lose so much gold over a small mistake.

Edit: I don’t know how I posted in the Classic forums, but it applies to retail as well.

1 Like

But think about how good it would feel to get all that gold? Won’t you think of the scammers feelings?

1 Like

It is your responsibility to pay attention to what you are doing. I don’t want 10 confirmation buttons added because some people can’t do this.

2 Likes

I feel it shouldn’t come down to this, however there should be a feature to maybe report to flag a posting for review. If there is a trend, it could be looked at.

The best option is to take 1 hour and to cleanse the servers of these players.

That is wrong too. Wow ah is a free market and no one should be telling players how much or how little they are allowed to post things at. It would be better to just get rid of the ah at that point.

1 Like

The only way this scam works is that the bid is very low compared to the buyout so the scammer gets on the front page and therefore the scam works. If you break that cycle, the scam crumbles. It can be fixed without ruining the AH.

So you want blizzard to put in lines on the ah. A few questions.

How do players know where these lines are?
Do they get in trouble for posting outside them if they didn’t know?
Why allow players to post outside of them in the first place?
What stops someone from posting at the max line and slowly driving the price up and up to no end?

The AH has always been like this. Blizz devs shouldn’t have to change how the AH works because some folks choose not to be careful when buying. You can go with ‘fool me once, shame on you’ all you want but don’t forget the rest of that adage: ‘fool me twice, shame on me’. Stop trying to make classic as bland as retail.

1 Like

Bumping this to Keep this thread up ty for posting it.

1 Like