At this point it just seems like passive aggressiveness

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a fly on the wall during a meeting among the Blizzard developers.

Wonder if they take turns humming a song while passing around a hat filled with random papers. Each paper with something written down on it that they then take turns drawing to see what the agenda will be for the day.

I canā€™t speak for anyone but me. But I never spend too much time in the expansion hub when Iā€™m leveling and thereā€™s even less of an incentive now that the zones scale. I just set my hearthstone in the zone I wanna level in and go from there.

Like a new tax or law, somebody somewhere will always give some justification for more time sinks.

3 Likes

i can live with the removal of some portals but i thought the entire point of the portal room was to finally have all the portals in one room. and that it would be large enough to fit additional portals down the road.

the way people are talking it seems like they already didnā€™t make it large enough to fit the current portals let alone future ones.

kind of defeats the purpose of the portal room if all weā€™re left with is the ones already in the portal room of main city.

1 Like

Thank you; it was your use of ā€˜Alternativeā€™ that threw the spanner into my (mental)works, such as they are.
Flips hair

1 Like

make sure you stomp your feet while youā€™re on your way to your room.
ā€¦then after throwing yourself on the bed, cross your arms across your chest, and scowl/pout

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Blizz wonā€™t do it, but it would be sweet to open up some of these hotspot locations to magi, allowing our mage friends to port us to the rarer locations like Kara, CoT, Wyrmrest, Etc. thus reviving the ā€œwtb port to insert place here for 5gā€. Now we just need to kill LFG so people advertise in LFG for dungeon groups again! I miss ā€œLF2M, SM, need healer and dps then GTGā€

1 Like

Ok thanks. I thought I was missing something.

what an absolute sheep of a person

2 Likes

The devs have come across as passive-aggressive since trying to remove flying forever in WoD.

Still pretty annoyed about them screwing up Prestigeā€“>Honor and making us re-grind for rewards.

6 Likes

people were saying that the game doesnā€™t feel like an mmo anymore and is lacking in open world/rpg aspects by giving players excessive conveniences, instant gratification, or increasingly higher numbers quality of life changes as the game went through development, the portal changes were made (said by bornakk, a blizzard employee) to help detract from this aspect of the game and help the world feel open + big again just as people were criticizing, so i donā€™t see what the issue is

Thing is, a lot of players use lots of alts to try to get old mounts. Every time you take that flypath to Tanaris you will waste time, image doing the same thing, every week 2, 5 or 12 times, for people looking for time efficiency and alts management will feel this change the most.

You have to spend 2:07 minutes going from Uldum to Tanaris, but if you factor any other dungeon/raid into the equation, like both kara mounts and both Zulā€™gurub mounts, and every alt you will use to increase your already extremely low chances of getting a mount, you will start to notice that you are spending quite a lot more of time traveling from A to B.

At that point, this is a playstyle youā€™re imposing yourself isnā€™t it?

I mean, that is the intent here - to make a time sink.

They can justify & spin it however, but strip away the facade.

ā€¦ and itā€™s just about making a time sink.

17 Likes

Portals have been around since BC, when the game was still considered a RPG. If they remove the portals from every other hub and add them to the main cities, you will just have a high amount of players in 2 zones (SW and Orgrimmar) and a bunch of desert old zones.

The game started to feel less and less like an RPG when they started to prune and remove every flavor skill your class used to be, when they started to oversimplify everything leveling, talents, class mechanics, dungeons (to remove other portal hubs fits this one); and we they decided to destroy character progression.

Have you ever seen him going against any of blizzardā€™s decisions? Bornakk is paid by blizzard, he will not bite the hand that feeds him.

You can consider his statement as correct, but there is something behind this decision that reveals a much bigger problem.

Yep. I personally have some alts parked in from of ZB just to farm mounts when I have free time, the sole thought of moving them between continents just to farm mounts makes me feel uncomfortable.

Exactly. Iā€™ve had multiple alts parked at Onyxia. I would never think about going back and forth to do multiples mount dropping raids. Gotta cut your loss somewhere.

Blizzard has to up our time played somehow.

4 Likes

Soā€¦leveling characters donā€™t need hubs according to you(?) and the devs, apparently. That is contrary to their illusion of density explanation (i.e., funneling players into 1 hub).

But wait, hereā€™s their official explanation:

Itā€™s stupidly inconsistent. So, itā€™s okay for the world to feel smaller at level cap due to portals, flight whistle, etc; but not okay at every other level that used to have portal hubs. Hubs that would still be relevant for that level cadre. because they want the world to feel bigger.
:roll_eyes:

I realize neither of us will likely have any influence on what the devs do, and sorry if I come off as nitpicking you specifically. It turns out there really is no explanation for removing portals other than to extend travel time.

52 Likes

Maybe they moved them next to the PvP vendors and weā€™re all just too stupid to find them?

25 Likes

Of course you would. You probably love f2p p2w games, too. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes