At this point it just seems like passive aggressiveness

The portals to Dalaran Crater, Karazhan, and Caverns of Time have been removed in the new patch for no discernible reason other than sheer passive aggressiveness.

Thanks Blizz.

157 Likes

Caverns of times portal has been removed from Dalaran?

3 Likes

Yup. You can read about it on WoWhead.

2 Likes

While I know it’s not the best alternative, you could always ask a mage to help you with some of those, and out of curiosity, are the Cata portals also being removed?

In fact, I’m willing to bet that the entire REASON for making a portal room is so they could stealth remove these other portals.

In mean seriously, who asked for a portal room? And even more so, who decided to make it such a big DEAL?

46 Likes

But it’s an exciting new feature! Coming soon!

:laughing:

8 Likes

I know it’s not the best alternative, but you can always just sleep on the floor. You don’t actually need a bed.

Not to mention that there are NO mage portals to Caverns of Time or Karazhan.

50 Likes

I think having to actually travel the world is an absolutely unacceptable restriction in Portals of Warcraft.

22 Likes

But why? Is that room just empty now? That makes no sense.

Dal hearth>Caverns is my weekly Dragon Soul farming route. If they want to remove the portal make the damn Blazing drake and Ultraxions a 100% drop rate.

11 Likes

Because passive aggressiveness. I literally can’t think of ANY other reason.

21 Likes

Not sure that sleeping on the floor/bed is a fair equivalent, but fair enough. There is a portal to Stonard, and it’s a short flight from there. As far as caverns of time, there is the Uldam portal, if it is staying.

1 Like

Portals always get removed from cities from past expansions though?

6 Likes

Portals are a bad idea anyways.

6 Likes

Not always. And the caverns of time portals have been in the game upwards of 10 YEARS now.

44 Likes

It does increase one’s playtime. I think they like that metric.

I mean, if you don’t just quit.

But I’m becoming quite cynical when it comes to Activision.

60 Likes

Imagine the added hours we’re about to rack up each month in travel time so Blizzard can report the extra times to investors! It’s a win/win for everyone.

18 Likes

Except it won’t. Farming Dragonsoul is already a huge pain due to Spine of Deathwing. If they remove the portal i’ll just stop farming it. They’ll lose hours of playtime just from me.

That metric is going to go down, not up.

34 Likes

You’ll have to go to Org and then Uldum and then fly.

Because reasons.

Honestly, it’s not the random side portals that bothers me. It’s the fact that they’re once again destroying old cities because we can’t let people choose where they want to go, so we have to create this piss poor illusion that there’s more players by shoving them all into Stormwind and Org.

41 Likes

No. These remain where they are currently.

1 Like

You will have to grab a port to Uldum and take a flight path to the somewhere in Tanaris.

1 Like