At this point it just seems like passive aggressiveness

Id like it to be portals to main cities only and no flying, but I’m sure the casuals would riot on the forums so in order to keep the peace I don’t say a word about it. Oops.

you mean portals that players go to all the time, right?

lmao just because you don’t go there doesn’t mean others don’t.

14 Likes

Your right i can see people going there still for transmogs alone it’s a messed thing to do less removeing portals more keeping them instead i say.

No you said they CAN’T remove those portals, because they’re tied to leveling content. They certainly can with phasing.

Where is the portal to Stonard?

I don’t really get Blizzard…
I just read the changes on wowhead and honestly, they’re terrible, for the sake of having a portal room we lost a ton of mobility with the removed portals.

This is so dumb it hurts.

Glad i’m not playing anymore.

15 Likes

In my reply to the OP (I think) I said they could use mage ports (Stonard to Kara). Sorry that isn’t clear in the response.

We’re obviously not playing the way they want us to play, so they are forcing us to play differently. Player options and QOL improvements are bad, apparently. The portals were too convenient.

They could have easily added a new hub without taking away anything else, which is the most frustrating part. It’s stupid, unnecessary, restrictive changes like this that really grate on me. BFA has a ton of issues that need fixed, and Blizz goes ahead and takes away options and conveniences from the players instead.

Well, all I have to say is this: they think they know what we want, but they really don’t know.

10 Likes

Because it’s so much better to be around the 10 AFK people in Orgimmar instead of easily making my way to content I want to do. Things that keep me playing the game. /s (not an attack on you)

3 Likes

I dont know about anyone else… but when I get home , I am definitely running to my room, slamming the door and never coming out again!

Edit: …I may or may not throw myself on the bed.

1 Like

My thought process was that they removed jade forest portal because they would have put it back in the portal room afterward or that they removed it (read :phased out if you so prefered) and had some feedback that made them put it back in the portal room in ptr.

Another thought, if they phased out mop portal, for whatever reason, wouldn’t they have done it as well on the cata portals?

Do you also take a nap? Napping at the end of a hard day’s work is bliss.

1 Like

Just because very few people use a horse and buggy, is that any reason to get rid of the hitching post?

Some things become obsolete.

I feel like we’re reading too much into the reason behind it?

With shard tech and CRZ, this seems counterintuitive :thinking:

Like, for level-restricted characters, why would they want to make level-appropriate hubs more empty by making those places (e.g., Shrine) less appealing to higher-level characters?

Unless they’re actively trying to make the leveling experience incrementally more unpleasant (i.e., boiling the frog), why? I don’t think they really thought this one through, just like they oopsied the DMF prof +5 skillups.

Right now I’m creeping various alts through the 60s and 80s. The removal of portals is a definite QoL bummer. I’m fine with them phasing portals out/removing them when I’m past the level caps for old hubs, but right now—at relevant level—I simply no longer have access to a portal hub.

If they want us all to use 1 hub, lowbies should get access to Dazar’alor or Boralus portals, otherwise they should remove portals from those cities, too :thinking:

2 Likes

…and Working As Intended!
Flips hair

In your own analogy, it takes more effort to remove the obsolete thing than to simply leave it as is.

It’s not a correct analogy anyway because old hubs are not obsolete for leveling characters. I literally cannot use Boralus as a hub on my Alli alts because I cannot unlock the portals at level 70-something. I mean, I guess if you’re saying leveling is obsolete, okay.

4 Likes

Alternative to…what? Leaving them be, as they were wonderfully useful and absolutely NO ONE wanted them gone?
#NotEvenAnIssue
Flips hair

6 Likes

No one I’ve seen on these forums have created threads asking for a portal room or the removal of portals.

No, what this is, is when you and your buddies are sitting around having some beer and one of your buddies happens to be a Developer for Blizzard who then get’s a brain fart of an idea while drinking.

Later on the next day they bring it up to the rest of the Developers who probably were like “meh, w/e it’s something to add to the game and gives us a reason to take something else away”.

Brilliant!

8 Likes

This does appear to be their motive… Annoying players to the point they want to quit… strange way of doing business.

6 Likes

I’m not an advocate for the removal of portals.