Asmongold's solution to TBC is best

The main thing I don’t understand is why most “f r e s h” shills are also shilling for EVERYONE to reset all levels/gear/gold with TBC, and wouldn’t be happy with Activision simply adding new level 1 only realms on launch. Yes, obviously no matter what happens there should be new realms that start from 1 as well as copy servers. To shill for the only option that upsets 80%+ of the playerbase and will make MANY people not continue on to TBC classic is laughable though. Go play a private funserver if you are so fReSh brained that you can’t see that multiple-optioned launch is the obvious choice.

Mainly, just stop shilling garbage please. We saw what happened when the vocal idiocy shilled for classic spell batching. Let’s not let it happen again with TBC.

2 Likes

Who?

I’m a paladin with mc and bwl gear, so… yeah… I’d be fine. Do one single quest and you’re off. It would not be much more difficult if I were a 58 warrior in greens.

It’s not like the old world would disappear. Those who were severely disadvantaged by this could spend 30 minutes in some classic zone, then go through the portal.

Last I checked, Sorrow Hill drops runecloth, major mana and health potions, alterac swiss, and morning glory dew pretty generously.

1 Like

The folks that buy gold would hate that. The folks that practice gaming the economy wouldnt really care; they would be back on their feet in no time.

They’d better do something to prevent tbe mage boost spam gold from flooding BC or i am not even going to bother with it

2 Likes

Another day, another post about something that is not going to happen. They are going to run the progression the same as bc except this time they are going to hive the option for the few that want to stay the chance to transfer over to a classic server to play with others that don’t want to go to bc.

1 Like

Source?

Last I heard they were looking for feedback for the four options they gave in that poll

It should be exactly how it was originally. There is no reason for discussion.

3 Likes

Asmongold is spot on.

Ignore the purist derps that think repeating the empty mantra “it will never happen” means anything.

If they haven’t realized enough has changed in 15 years, with botting, RMT and knowledge of what is coming in the form of game mechanics, then that’s their fault. People paying 700+ gold for +12 nature resist gloves for incoming content??

There’s also a lot that wasnt in vanilla that is in classic.

You guys would be better off being constructive in responses to get results you might like too, instead of Blizzard heavy-handing solutions to you.

Blizzard isn’t scared of the vocal minority either (see layering). So if everyone thinks all this RMT cash flow is going to end up in a new expansion experience, don’t bet on it.

3 Likes

No they wouldn’t, because that’s not what people do on these forums. They produce angsty, short comments and then expect it to speak for itself. You should know this by now.

I think everyone should start fresh in TBC. I don’t think these are progressive servers these are legacy. I don’t consider legacy servers the real thing.

2 Likes

It is a good idea for those of us who have no intention of moving into TBC. As long as upon character copy, their gold is wiped from classic vanilla.

My point is actually borne out by that. Stripping gold and non-soul-bound items does not equalize players and it does not ‘fix’ an economy that is driven by players. It’s about as reasonable as the real world deciding all existing forms of currency are invalid so everyone starts at the same place. Except they don’t. Some would be fine. Some would have to work extra hard to not get left behind.

No, I’m advocating nothing of the sort. I was flipping your deliberate intent to demean and insult one group of players to present an alternative.

There is another group (that hopefully you’re not a part of) who have hacked, botted, exploited, bought gold, and otherwise flooded the economy with more goods and gold, who are also carrying that over as long as they got it off their throwaway banned accounts.

You’re hating on those who don’t give a rat’s hiney about amassing gold, when there are those who care so much about in-game wealth they cheat.

I think the idea (of stripping gold and items) is ludicrous and would accomplish nothing the proponent seems to think it will. That proponent is NOT someone who is struggling to earn gold. It’s someone with a mass of sycophants who would quickly have more gold and goods.

Personally I think players like you will just find other ways to “stash” and bypass any effort to restart. And, personally, I don’t care about the LEGITIMATELY wealthy players. My ideas for TBC in the past have been about trying to step away from the ILLEGITIMATE gains certain players have had. At this point I consider it hopeless to differentiate.

Hmm, but why though?

Are we going to delete everyone gold and non soul bound items when AQ drops? or when Naxx does? If it is ok for people to stockpile and get rdy for AQ and Naxx why can’t they do the same for TBC? At the end of the day I feel like the same people are going to end up way ahead either way.

Just open tbc servers and free one permanent move for ea toon. Classic servers merge if certain amount stays.

No copy. U made a choice and u stick with it.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of copies. I think there should be an upgrade-path though, such that in the future, people can still play through Classic, then upgrade to BC if/when they wish to.

I feel that at the end of the day, there is no way that the gold that is copied over or via an “upgrade path” should exist in both iterations of classic. Vanilla and TBC. Should be either/or.

Fresh restart isn’t how TBC originally happened. So that’s actually a very big change. And I know most people won’t play it if Blizz forced a restart - there’s literally no point in grinding end-game content right now if they did that.

Unless someone thought it was fun to do end game content. I think that was the original point.

1 Like

I hope that whatever they decide to do, they open at least one fresh server so we get the option of a fresh start.

1 Like