Asmongold's solution to TBC is best

sorry but a 50% increase in view distance from lv 1 to 2 is overpowered fun has been detected and you now play blind

1 Like

Asmongold’s solution? This has been talked about as an option for months, all he did was repeat what he heard and now you’re repeating what he said as if he’s some kind of genius.

I thought at this time even blizzard knows what they are going to do. Im just going to chill and wait and decided when the time comes. I’m in no hurry for TBC since knowing blizzard it was be terrible just like classic.

People will cry about everything once TBC comes out… mark my words.

Flying mounts
Arenas
BGs
Heroic Dungeon and people to dense for them.
can’t wait to see paladins try and tank with 2hd weaps. LOL

I do not look forward to TBC.

id rather see classic wow progress in to classic tbc and let players transfer off to new classic servers.

i think that is the best solution.

1 Like

Limiting gold makes sense, limiting mats doesn’t. Anything valuable about vanilla mats will mean nothing in TBCs economy. The biggest worry is day 1 300 JCs, but who cares?

I have a plethora of thoughts running through my mind.

The Classic Servers, as they are now, can progress forward into TBC. And, Classic ceases to exist. Everyone’s characters will progress into the TBC plotline, and the Classic plotline is null and void.

The Classic Servers can remain as they are, and we have a third WoW option. Just like we have two, now (Retail and Classic). The third option being “TBC Classic”. This is where it gets tricky. It can be a completely fresh start, or upon the initial release, those who had Classic Toons got copied over (not by the players but by Blizz). Any character created after the release will not be able to transfer between the different versions of WoW.

On that note, they can flip this, progress the Classic Servers into TBC, and the new third WoW option will be Classic, and everyone’s progress will be copied upon the initial release of said Server. That way, no progress gets lost.

Another option, Character Copy Services. Want to bring your Classic Characters into TBC? Great, just pay $25!

Or, we don’t get TBC, at all, and everything remains the same.

Those are my thoughts.

Pointless, TBC increases the amount of raw gold players earn massively, the gold farms we have now will be a joke by comparison.

Ironically, by that same token, doing quests, casually raiding, and rolling alts is how most players have fun. Wiping out their savings to placate a bunch of weirdos who have trouble distinguishing between games and jobs is also an attempt to dictate how most of us are playing the game.

3 Likes

Honestly, anyone that thinks allowing gold to transfer for TBC character copies is a good idea is one of two types of people.

1. A multiboxer/botter/gold farming exploiter.
  2. An idiot.

Neither of these things are good. You can pretty much write of all people who want to copy their gold to TBC servers. There is no good reason to allow for it. We’ve seen what happens in retail where they allow gold to copy from expansion to expansion. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

After seeing how much gold exploiting is happening in classic; nobody in their right mind would want to see gold transferred to TBC servers.

4 Likes

No, straight copy and that’s it. We gonna gold cap the mouth breathers of retail too with shadowlands expansion when it comes out? Just because they add useless eRP gold sinks like that 5M auction house mount doesn’t mean everyone who stacks gold is going to take that bait.

1 Like

Meh, if people want a fresh start and economy then roll on a new BC server. All the same, the ‘economy’ is gonna get screwed no matter what happens after a few weeks/months.

1 Like

The people who want to have an advantage would simply figure out other ways.

One example offhand is to find the armor and weapons that vendor for the highest amount and buy / craft and soul-bind them to fill your bags. As long as they’re not unique, you can have your bags packed with those and immediately turn around and sell them in TBC.

Also, can you imagine going through the Dark Portal to Hellfire Peninsula with ZERO food (no buff food, no food for hunter pets) or drink, ZERO potions, ZERO bandages, ZERO ammunition, and no mats to make any?

There should definitely be some limit on the amount of gold/items brought over.

Maybe 2000g per server?

All I’m getting from these threads is that low effort poverty gamers want to be on equal footing to people that invested time and effort preparing themselves for endgame Classic and, eventually, TBC. The funny thing is that in a few weeks after launch they’re going to be in the exact same situation where they’re still ridiculously poor compared to the subset of players that efficiently use their time in-game to make gold. Also, why would I care about Asmongold’s solution? Of course he wouldn’t care about everything carrying over because he’s just going to be handed tens of thousands of gold to him via his viewers during the first week anyway.

3 Likes

Basically. People want anyone who put forth effort to be punished so they can be lazy and still be on equal footing.

The game hasnt changed much but the playerbase has. And its obvious how much of an influence retail has had on them by reading their selfish sense of entitlement

1 Like

Or people that invested time and effort preparing don’t like seeing that dwarfed by players who botted and exploited their way to “wealth” (such as those who heavily abused layers early on).

3 Likes

We didn’t need another thread about this. But to keep this one short; I’m keeping my characters and ALL my work. That does NOT hurt the economy. I worked for what I have. It’s mine to keep. You delete your work if you want. I’m not going to.

1 Like

How are the poor getting poorer exactly?

What pseudo-political garbage is this supposed to be… this isn’t #OccupyAzeroth.

/shoo

1 Like

If they simply add TBC onto Classic as an extension then naturally your characters would be travelling through the portal to Outland if that is your desire. If you don’t want to do that, you stay on Azeroth.

However, if it is a separate game, as Classic is separate from retail, then it should be treated as an entirely separate game and not just cherrypicked to have bits of Classic made available to people. Let everyone start TBC in the same place, whether it be Level 1 or Level 58.

That way you have a fresh economy with everyone on the same page.

So many have said, don’t make TBC an extension of Classic - in that case, make it separate and keep it pristine and unconnected with Classic in any way.

Unpopular opinion? Possibly but I just cannot see why anyone would want to keep the 2 games apart, except for bits of it that work in their favour. Well…maybe I can because, y’know, human nature.

2 Likes

OP, you would’ve had better results if you left out Asmons name. People see that and immediately repulse anything in the same post with that word