Asmongold's solution to TBC is best

No, and Asmongold is silly.

2 Likes

This is much more likely motivation than any desire to help the experience.

1 Like

There is so much time between now and end of Naxx.

If you’re concerned about “people bringing too much” into TBC, what exactly are you doing that you aren’t also preparing?

You have like at least a year at this point and you’re telling me, in a year, you can’t farm 7k gold? Look, if you can make 20gold in one hour of play than you will have 7k gold by TBC, get your flying and epic flying when you hit 70.

It pretty much boils down to “people played Vanilla better than me and I demand they are punished for it going into TBC.”

If you’re struggling now you will be struggling in TBC only worse. Good luck on Elemental Plateau with these server populations.

3 Likes

Misadventure Reacts to Asmondgold Thread!

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Does this include watching him get trolled to death and laughing at his reactions?

What’s good for the streamer is not good for the general public. I don’t think Blizzard has understood that since WotLK. Playing WoW is literally Asmongold’s full time job. He doesn’t need any gold because all of his viewers funnel gold to him regardless. As for no one flooding and ruining the economy, here’s a news flash: gold acquisition is even faster in TBC than it is in Vanilla. His “solution” isn’t solving anything. It’s simply penalizing normal players who have spent their time enjoying the game rather than farming gold as if it were spendable IRL.

1 Like

Everyone making any kind of big deal about gear earned being kept in a character copy to a TBC server has forgotten that even T3 was essentially replaced by 65. Will it give them a huge advantage leveling to 65? Maybe a little one, but the greens in the first quests of TBC were better than pre-bis blues in Vanilla and even T1 T2 was replaced almost immediately while questing.

Anyone trying to say they should keep their 50k gold they have earned playing 15 hours a day are saying it because they want to continue controlling markets moving forward into the expansion OR they are going to be continuing to sell gold.

I said it in an earlier post… im sitting on 5 figures of gold and i would be shocked if they do character copies and allow people to bring over more than 500-1k gold.

You can still be a rich man in vanilla all you want. BLAH BLAH it wasn’t like that before when the expansion came out? Yeah well classic wasn’t like before either.

1 Like

Get ready for alot of hate in the form of “but what if playing for 12 hours a day, every day, farming gold is how i have fun!!!” “You cant dictate how i play the game!”

3 Likes

Streamers should stick to entertaining the mindless masses instead of trying to flex their weak brain muscles.

People would just buy up high value items and mailbox float them and sell them on release. Or just buy high value SB items.

Also how about no just in general like others have said.

2 Likes

I don’t care for TBC servers. Won’t play them.

It should be like it was in vanilla, people came in with all their gold, all their gear and all their farmed advantages. Some people were really rich back then.

There’s no point in starting everyone at the same level. They have earned the advantage.

3 Likes

Fresh start sounds all cool until every server is 80/20 horde

Yeah those Thunderfury’s sure are easily replaced!

But more seriously, we’ve never had to abandon our gear and personal progress before. This makes about as much sense as purging our (future) Achievements from expansion to expansion, stripping away titles, mounts, and other unique items.

Or they just want to have the gold they’ve earned playing the markets and farming content and so forth, just like we did back then, and will continue to do so into TBC, Wrath, etc.

I’ll do it:

Why would they do it any other way than how it was when Vanilla became TBC?

You’re suggesting they should alter the way the game transitions from one “xpac” to the next?

Honestly I’d be all in with a fresh restart. Everyone starting from 1 with nothing on them and no gold but now with TBC balancing, TBC areas and of course the Blood Elves and Draenei.

I’d play it.

3 Likes

You can believe whatever you want as far as things continuing from tbc and wraith and feel free to use all the absolutes you want (WILL CONTINUE) but i seriously doubt it.

And like i said… just because you did something back then means nothing because this is different now. Im not suggesting they will strip gear, mounts, or achievements; I am suggesting they likely will put a cap on gold. You would have realized that if you actually read what i wrote.

No, you simply obliquely referenced the gear and character progress and dismissed it out of hand. You did this so you could prop up a gold-only restriction argument more smoothly.

Gold acquisition is as much a part of character progress as quest completion, gear acquisition, title acquisition, and any other facet of our characters. Arbitrarily setting it all aside as far less important doesn’t make the gold-cap argument stronger.

Disingenuous arguments that broker mostly in incredulity and snark are fun and all, but easy to call out. That’s all I did.

Anyone that thinks a gold reset is going to protect the TBC economy is out of their mind.

3 Likes

Wow. You certainly busted out the thesaurus for that one! I think it’s fun to use hyperbole and sardonic language too.

Either way i don’t care what you think, but I will be greatly anticipating the salt that will come in the event people are gold capped while being slightly disappointed in losing much of my own.

Think of it as more of a psa of what could come. Peace!

As for Asmon’s dumb idea.

If this were to happen, I’d immediately start spending all my gold on boosting characters, since that’d be the one thing I’d keep. Use everything I have, get a full roster of max levels with maxed out alchemy/tailoring, go into TBC and start with the xmutes asap.

Frankly, that might even be better than going in with 10k gold, sure it’d take a bit longer to get my epic flyers but I’d have effortless gold making with all that cloth/xmutes.

1 Like

Translation: 9th grade-level words bother me

Gee, this is a shock

People will make solid gold having “leveling kits” ready to go on the AH or through Trade for the new JC materials, as well as everyone shifting over to LW for the drums. The more characters you have available at 60 means you have that many more people to push through the leveling process (which nets around 1-1.5k gold from 60 to 70). It also means having access to every possible solo farming opportunity for old world and Outlands routes, instances included.

People will print gold from instance farming and the limits will be pushed on how few people can you bring to various raid instances to get that nice hunk of flat gold for each boss kill. I know during BT all it took to farm for my ZG Tiger was a Paladin friend, and the gold was a nice consolation prize. The gold to be had just vendoring crap from mass pulling Stratholme or kiting mobs in the Military Quarter of Naxxramas will still be solid as can be.

Even just 100g/hr in TBC would still make just about anyone comfortably set, especially if they’re raiding and doing dailies on top of that.