Asmongold's solution to TBC is best

“Some People”

No matter how they handle it, there will be an obvious dramatic population loss in the Classic Realms.

Its not about “work” its about investment. You WANT people to be invested in their character (and also its ultimately profitable for Blizz.) If you force people to throw out the character(s) they have already invested in, you decrease the chance they’ll continue to play. Most players dont want that and as a company Blizz definitely doesn’t want that.

You dont have to play classic to play TBC. You’re free to level a new character when TBC comes out, and as a bonus it’ll be MUCH quicker.

1 Like

Itll be less than that. And rightfully so. I already have gold in 5 figures and I cant imagine a world where they would let me bring it all. To all the people that are trying to say “thats not how it was before!!!” This isnt going to be how it was before. We have a decade of knowledge going into this, it isnt a fresh and blind expansion. People walking in with even 5-10k gold will destroy the economy getting flight and farming the world out of ore and herbs, or at least destroy the market, before 95% of the community has even hit 70.

Start getting used to the idea they will probably cap gold at 500-1k gold right now.

1 Like

That’s a false equivalency. Their characters are still there, on Classic servers where they’re supposed to be, to play. If they are choosing not to do so over their TBC characters, again that’s an issue with how they’re viewing it, not one with the system.

Again, Fresh is the only fair way of handling a TBC launch.

And this is making my argument for me.

2 Likes

500-1k seems low. I’d say 2.5 is pretty fair. That doesn’t give you instant epic flying, you’ll still have to work for that a little at least, and the value of gold is going to depreciate with BC inflation anyway.

Worst idea so far. Who can top it?

Ok fresh servers BUT you start in debt to this orc named nook. You have to work off the debt before you can use any city services

2 Likes

Beyond the scope and capabilities of Blizz’s IT team to implement in the context of the cash cow TBC was intended to be.

What a rather cogent and well thought out counterpoint which totally dismantles the argument and doesn’t scream “but I want to have an advantage over other people who didn’t level through classic! Sucks to be them!”

If this “worst idea” discourages players like you from rolling TBC, it’s the best worst idea ever, since you’re exactly the issue being discussed…those who wish to roll in right away and break TBC’s economy before it even has a chance.

1 Like

Not every stupid idea deserves a counterpoint

1 Like

And yet you keep talking

2 Likes

Yeah im having a blast trying to come up with a worse idea. Its tough

3 Likes

So, admitted trolling. How quaint

Ok how about this. You start with an anchor on you that cuts your walk speed in half. At level 20 it gets removed! Fair for everyone right!?!

1 Like

Where’s the post with the guy saying that if you want to fix the economy get rid of the AH and make it so you can’t trade gold.

oh crap.

1 Like

A. It’s not how it was before. It would start BC off as a fundamentally different experience. You wouldn’t have Naxx geared tanks, your Rejuv and Blue Dragon and Livegiving wont carry over. Everyone will be in the same quest greens and blues and will look exactly the same all the way into Kara and beyond.

B. Its bad for the game. It’ll break up communities and while people may still play initially, without that investment from classic both in their character and their community retention will be lower.

You’re basically advocating for the most homogenized, soulless, anti-social version of TBC possible. So basically retail…

1 Like

In all seriousness though, anyone who keeps up with the Private Server scene, which is the entire reason we got Classic in the first place, knows that 100% the only way to handle each expansion is with Fresh servers. Those that offer transfers die within a month or 2. And that’s with teams who actually do something about botting and hacks.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

The new “ive been playing since vanilla”

Ok how about this idea. Hardcore mode. Die once and lose everything.

1 Like

I actually have and have the yellow Brewfest Stein to prove it :wink:

Ok so fresh servers BUT your character has really bad vision. Your max viewing distance is 2 yards at level 1, but increases by 1 yard every time you level

Ooooh i like it!

Ok so fresh server but everytime you die all your items fall on the ground. Kicker is nobody has any bagspace so they have to drop things to get yours so you are never truly without gear

3 Likes