Asmongold : '' Lost Ark is Pay to Win , World of Warcraft is Pay to Win ''

How many troll forum posts do you make man?

Just go play the game or log out of the forums, I swear the forums must be a part time job for you at this point.

2 Likes

You have presented an opinion of a dude who is not relevant, and hasn’t been for some time. This does not count as evidence for or against anything.

1 Like

Please stop giving the neck beard clicks?

2 Likes

Tbh I think looking at this in a binary way is the problem. It’s not the worst P2W game and it’s not completely void of any resemblance of a P2W structure. And yes you do have to understand the transitive property to see what it is. I’d say WoW is only a little bit p2w, I’d say the people doing the carries are winning more and the people getting world first are winning the most. But someone who buys carries is winning more than they would be otherwise. I vote like 30% p2w. With lost ark being 35%, Clash of clans being 60%, Idle Heroes is like 95% p2w.

1 Like

No. Its not pay to win at all. I am paying players for their effort of clearing mythic content.

The content is still being cleared. The same amount of time has passed. When I get the equipment and the gold star for clearing the content, thats not “winning” thats just me skipping the content.

Me clearing mythic has no bearing on you as a player what so ever, there is no win or lose in this.

Its pay to skip, period.

Until they put an item in the shop where you can pay $X and collect the achievement, then it requires player co-operation farming gold to accomplish.

AT BEST the P2W aspect is skipping the gold farming aspect by the WoW token, but still, thats pay to skip, not pay to win

1 Like

I don’t care about mythic raid boosting, that’s not even on my radar. I can see your trash parses and will decline you no problem. I only care about pvp boosting because for someone to win, someone else has to lose. If two friends doing arena get one shot by a boosty who casts one stun and a 2400 ww, who abused the mmr system to fight in the 1400 bracket, that’s what sucks. If gear were normalized in pvp, I wouldn’t care about that either though.

1 Like

Except even thats not happening.

Someone buys a PvP boost,

You’re duo team (A+B) is getting stomped by a duo team of someone who is better and someone who is weaker.

Gear makes very little difference in PvP, and someone who is getting boosted won’t have the proper gear or skill to do anything meaningful.

This is a problem that needs addressed, but doesn’t make WoW p2w

1 Like

Is that right?

2 Likes

Pick one. Gear doesn’t matter or it does and the boosty won’t have enough of it to do anything meaningful. Rofl

1 Like

I think the emphasis is more on the “or skill” than the gear.

WoW is a game where your gear means exactly nothing if you don’t have the skill to use it.

2 Likes

Nah, passively being a 20-50% bigger ball of stats bumps everybody up.

Although past a fairly low cutoff everybody has the same gear.

2 Likes

I don’t know much about the other game, but how do you win WoW? Perhaps people need to get over this notion that it matters what other people do.

If someone wants to purchase a mage tower boost so they can get some random title and mount, or buy an AOTC achievement (that really doesn’t mean that much), or buy a boost so they can get a mount/better gear, why do you care?

If the answer is that you care because WoW created the content to be so difficult that the average player cannot complete it, than that is a game development issue, and my recommendation is to vote with your wallet and go play a game where the developers develop content for more than 0.0006% of the people playing the game.

1 Like

Haha.

Did somebody you know get caught buying “assistance” with the Mage Tower?

2 Likes

That is the question that I have never seen anyone who claims that wow is P2W give an answer to.

2 Likes

The only viable answer i’ve ever seem is someone who gets a boost for Mythic or KSM can get their way into groups and be useless, thus ruining other players raid/M+.

But that issue is solved by taking 2 seconds to look at io score or logs

1 Like

You can pay for higher gear ilvl, which means you’re more likely to get into groups than others, meaning pay to win. There’s competition getting into groups in PUGs, that’s just a fact.

2 Likes

Check logs or raider io. Problem solved

1 Like

I actually agree, there’s 2 paths every season in wow:

1. Be a M+ grinder and raider and rated PVP’r for the special season mounts - earn them honestly.

OR:

1. Pay to win said mounts via spending $20 on a wow token to get carried/boosted. Avoiding ALL hard work possible.

That is P2W because real $$ was involved, the only reason it’s ok is because blizz gets the $20.

2 Likes

You mean
 skipping the content?

1 Like

Yea both are but in different ways.

WoW can be if you purchase services through gold. But it is indeed kinda a loose term - there is no pressure or standard to need to get Mythic raid done, most players do not. If your goal is to get aspirant PvP set and LFR raid teir set each WoW is actually incredibly easy. You can easily get a decent set of gear (usually normal raid equivalent) through solo content alone by the end of a patch.

Now taking Lost Ark there is a premium service you can get for $ but at best the game is $ to get better faster. Where you really suffer as a free player is trying to catch up to a raid tier at the end of a patch (which isn’t really even a super big deal since there is catchup gear at the start of the next patch anyhow). Lost Ark does have a much more involved F2P system and I think having 6 alts doing dailies for optimum F2P performance is not going to appeal to the masses. WoW doesn’t force you to do that.

1 Like