Asmongold : '' Lost Ark is Pay to Win , World of Warcraft is Pay to Win ''

Your reaction ?

Btw Asmongold playing with AWC players 3vs3 is 2400 rating 51% wr 260 games , could not pass 2500+

So Asmongold show WOW is not P2W

5 Likes

I see it more as pay to skip in the case of WoW tbh…

9 Likes

Asmongold is an ability clickin’ keyboard turnin’ noob

12 Likes

As soon as I saw the “A” word I already knew I had no more eff’s to give

20 Likes

If you consider WoW pay to win because you can buy AoTC with real money in a round-about way, then A LOT of games are pay to win that one would probably not consider real pay to win games.

Lost Ark is certainly more pay to win than WoW is, and Asmongold is aware of this nuance but even if his audience isn’t receptive of it. And the degree of pay to win and the accessibility of it matters.

People are more likely to engage in pay to win if it’s on the store vs. if it’s on the store but you have to find a trustworthy carry and hope that you don’t get scammed and if you do get scammed they don’t give you your gold back etc. etc.

2 Likes

Oh look. Another one of these posts. Well, today is Sunday after all.

11 Likes

I mean, pretty sure Jeff Bezos could offer the devs 1 million dollars a piece and they would get him an account with everything unlocked, every transmog, every mount, every toy, every quest completed etc.

1 Like

eyes calendar yep.

6 Likes

Who cares :tired_face:

4 Likes

Do you think Jeff Bezos could get rank 1 in 3vs3 or M+ with 100000 wow tokens

1 Like

Yea I do think Jeff bezos could get rank 1

1 Like

without sharing account ?

4 Likes

Lost Ark, at least, is pay-to-win, yeah.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t matter if he shared account or not because he has enough money to bribe anyone that disagrees with him. And if anyone takes him to court he can get the best lawyers money can buy

3 Likes

you got me :expressionless:

1 Like

wow is pay to win too

5 Likes

How exactly?

3 Likes

you pay real money to get the gold and you pay for a carry. you win

8 Likes

There are different levels of pay to win. It’s not black and white. One of those is much worse than the other and it’s not WoW.

I think people just hear the words “pay to win” and blindly label it as the ultimate evil and killing the game without really considering where it actually is on the scales. WoW has some aspects, but it’s not really that bad and could be worse. Nor will it ever go away.

4 Likes

you can’t beat sailers , buying tokens won’t carry you +28 keys or rank 1

anyway if you think KSM = beating the game then good for you

2 Likes