Asmongold is interviewing Ion Tomorrow

lmao I think that meme would almost apply to how the interview would go if it was conducted a few years ago, during the pinnacle of Asmon’s obnoxiousness

Umm get a new developer team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Joking aside, I came in at the wrong time really. I started in Legion and I’ve tried not to be critical of them at start but the more I ended up playing, the more I noticed how much they just were cutting corners and not really trying outside of raids and dungeons [which is fair since this game has always kinda centered it’s game loop to that bit of content].

I’ve not really found a guild or friends to run content with and pugging really soured my perspective.

Past that I can’t give you examples of what I’d like to see since WoW has never done open world stuff well for me so nothing to compare it to.

Legion was OK with a lot of hoops to jump through and the start of their borrowed power a’la AP, third slot relic etc etc… Broken Shore was extremely boring. Argus was ‘annoying’ to traverse but felt like the standard things to do in a wow end game zone but just wasn’t interesting.

BFA had warfronts that would pop up once a month at first or w.e, then they changed it. Tried it out, it was ok. But nothing special. Visions and those invasions were nice but visions annoyed me to no end.

Shadowlands just didn’t feel like wow… professions were just ruined and the whole legendary crafting sucked [I like to make gold and professions are a big part of that]. The zones were just a mish mash of 10 steps to activate something, world quests were also tedious and just felt longer even if there were fewer of them.

Dragonflight seems like they are piggy backing off of Zereth Mortis as per an interview I read that they are using it as a base to build off on. [No thanks, that zone was a touch higher than argus and broken shore, which isn’t saying much and ZM centered it on creating pets and mounts which isn’t my cup of tea].

Sorry for the rambling.

2 Likes

ChilledChaos is a much better watch, for fun shenanigans (that aren’t hateful, just in an overall silly vibe). He doesn’t focus on WoW, even though he does dabble.

1 Like

Thats gotta be intimidating for Ion.

I believe my oldest has watched some of his videos, since she’s into Among Us :stuck_out_tongue: I watched some recent Asmongold clips when he started playing FF, and I think that showed up in my feed because I was looking up in-game play clips to get a feel for it before I decided to purchase. Overall, he wasn’t that bad. I expect streamers to be lacking in the maturity department (to an extent). I do know that he was pretty hateful back in the day though

1 Like

They’re giving Asmongold a chance to prove he’s an adult and can behave himself.

1 Like

I hope Asmon picks his nose and eats it like usual.

I’m honestly scared.

I hope I am overeachting.

I’m just wondering if anyone told Ion about it.

2 Likes

I don’t think Ion care tbh

Even Asmongold said Ion doesn’t give a f and had no problems with him

My respect for Ion, answering questions form someone, Asmongold, who might ask tough questions is admirable.

its a neutrally safe bet to do it now. they really got a lot of the things Asmond was complaining about checked off. and its also a good opportunity to collect direct feed back from a perspective that would be arguably considered “listening to the players”

It’s real bro wth

Oh don’t be, I asked and you answered. You’re definitely right though, the open world is not really engaging which is sad, it could be so much more.

1 Like

If he wants to contribute towards both building a better game for the larger part of the community AND contribute towards the wow playerbase being a better community, then I’m down to have him again as an ambassador for the game.

And I do think he should contribute towards making the playerbase a better community, considering how he’s admitted he held a negative view on casuals (and he has quite the soap box, so of course he had an impact on said playerbase)

Exactly, he doesn’t let his own views affect his business/work.
The few that had issues with him don’t matter to the grand scale of Blizzard’s PR interviews etc.

Funny enough the few that had issues with him I think left even recently lol but not related.

Hope he askes Ion about raid content and the need to balance fights around crap like WeakAuras.

Do you think Asmon will shower before it?

1 Like

I mean considering the sheer amount of people that have quit Shadowlands, it only makes sense that you talk to the largest streamer on WoW by a massive margin. You would be crazy not to at this point.

Smart move. Regardless of how anyone feels about Asmongold, he has an absolutely massive audience and it is a very good means of free marketing to have an interview with him.