Asmongold is interviewing Ion Tomorrow

Nope–Asmon has to has to hit the issue with casual players. He’s been talking about it since last May. Casual Players are the blood of MMOs and WoW straight up ignores them.

4 Likes

Someone needs to drug test Ion…

Much info no, but laid out a general idea of what I can probably expect to be doing. They’d need to pull a rabbit outta the hat to get me to buy the xpac. Hope others enjoy it though.

What would they need to pull? I always see that you’re quite unhappy about the state of the game so I’m just curious how WoW could be good again for you?

The game revolves around casual game buyers. Any narrative outside of that is you being given an inch and taking a mile.

1 Like

Ew. Double ew.

That’s what I’m saying.

Literally I hate to say this:

No one cares they’re adding talent systems, only dedicated WoW players do
No one cares they’re adding this GW2 Flying system, only dedicated WoW players do

All other issues of them “listening to the community” are literally bulls.hit. We all know the issue facing this game. Casual and Solo players have nothing to do once they hit the end game. Ion has to account for this. Ion has to be asked why his competition has developed this and is doing well and yet WoW continually refuses to adapt.

3 Likes

Blizzard is going to say they’re revamping the UI a bit and that’s about it. I doubt Blizzard will say they’re going to prevent DBM from working.

ah, I see what you mean. I feel like it was framed differently earlier. Maybe my bias.

Damn, I hate Ion and Asmo

hangs on Ion’s every word

logs into stream to get a good seat

2 Likes

Too bad that up until he took his FF14 vacation he referred to/looked upon casuals in a derisive and negative way. You can say that was his online persona, but when the persona inspires a stance or attitude within the playerbase at large, as opposed to being understood as satire, and the entertainer does nothing to dissuade his viewership, well… furthermore, he has not experienced an MMO as casuals do in quite some time. (Casuals don’t get gear and resource funneled to them)

2 Likes

The forum is going to implode. Dear god lmao. The best part is that the interview will most likely be very cordial and mellow. I can’t see that guy taking hard stabs at this point. I know this place hates him, but he’s grown overall. I think his upset with WoW has humbled him. But no, I do not support Asmon for the things he’s said in the past. I simply watch clips that appear in my YouTube occasionally of the silly things he does

/inb4 the hate train

1 Like

He mentioned this in the build up to the FF14 in July last year. He acknowledged that he was harder on casuals because when he was “seriously” playing he wasn’t one of them.

Now he does. Now he openly talks about it all the time. He just reviewed the "Does WoW hate Casual Players Video that got a lot of traction here and at MMO-C and he ended with he agreed with everything the video said. He’s way more supportive of casuals now than he’s been before, I never watched him until last year so I wouldn’t know, but it’s not hard for me to see that attitude in his persona.

But now he’s not like how he was. He openly talks about how Classic WoW was a better casual experience for his mom (when she was alive) than current retail WoW. He seems in every video now to be saying that WoW has lost it’s casual roots and this Mythic Raiding, MDI, and RWF are partially to blame.

He’s gotta ask Ion about these questions because he’s never ever gonna hear about this from Hazel, T&E, and Towelie.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

I didn’t listen to the current interview either, I juts saw the cliffnotes from Wowhead / MMO-Champ. That shower-thought wasn’t as big-brain as you thought it was.

There is always something to get up in arms about. If the game were perfect, there would be threads about how the perfection is boring and actually WoW is better with rough edges lol.

2 Likes

I specifically avoided the comments on that video for obvious reasons

This is actually really cool. Most game devs would avoid people like Asmon as he is a “loose cannon”. Asmon will ask things the other youtube milquetoast wow grifters would never ask.

I could be wrong.

But I think if you are titillated at the thought of Asmo going hard on Blizzard to their face, you’re going to be disappointed.

3 Likes

Why you talking to me? I mean, I have nothing against you, just wondering.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I wish, but you’re right. Nothing of the sort will happen.

1 Like