Asmongold, is he that bad of a person?

i’m the guy laying on the sidewalk occasionally busting out laughing at stuff other people say

2 Likes

I’m the one that ordered too much food and now I’m sleepy drunk and just want to go home. It’s only 7pm.

4 Likes

im the corpse

3 Likes

Can you clarify what this thread is? I’m genuinely curious at this point.

1 Like

The girl sitting at home waiting for Grubhub to bring her order from the bar watching Yoga with Adriene.

3 Likes

A little late, but I think Asmongold (Zach is his name i think?) is just a regular guy. Videos when he’s not on gaming culture or playing WoW tend to be decently ‘normal’.

I think the ‘toxicity’ comes from how he berates the game and tears it down, without sometimes offering proper criticism on how to approach the negative aspects of the game. Disliking the game and saying it needs to change and then responding ‘Just fix it’, doesn’t work.

Tldr: I am sure Asmongold is a nice guy IRL. But you need to drum up watchers on a commission based pay-system. Streamer culture is also much more different than others, as was stated earlier.

2 Likes

The same person, he in fact highly encouraged his fan base to harass and troll people. All while making offensive noises that he assumes people with autism make on stream when trying to imitate Role Players. He’s possibly one of the worst people in the Warcraft community. I tried to find the clip back from the Project 60 incident of this but it appears it’s been deleted now.

9 Likes

This seems like an accurate summation of almost every WoW streamer or even hardcore players in general.

3 Likes

i have never watched a video of his on Warcraft and i cannot stand the persona he presents

1 Like

I’m a 30 year old woodworker who spends the majority of his free time laying back in a recliner with his feet up playing video games or watching cartoons while the world around me burns.

Plights of the Oppressed? The only Plight here is that i’m out of red vines to use as straws for my wine.

3 Likes

Y’know, I’ve always regretted never taking up woodworking as a hobby. I really admire people with that skill; there’s something that greatly appeals to me about wooden furniture, decorations, even toys. Alas, I live in an apartment with no space for a workshop and all the tools involved look really expensive.

One time a family dropped off a table for me to replace the legs on.

Fairly standard the legs were metal and i was just going to swap them out for wooden ones easy job.

Pop off one of the metal legs. It’s hollow thing slips out of my hand and hits the ground then it happens

Thousands of cockroachs swarm from the hollow legs of this table like the scarab scene from the mummy.

That’s a horror story from my life.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty content with my life. I am basically never required to interact with jerks or idiots, and when I do, it’s via computer.

Although, I suppose it would be a good sign if somebody sent me cockroaches. In my field you have to reach a certain threshold of fame before people start doing stuff like that.

If all fame get’s me is cockroach’s you all can have it.

I don’t think he’s really a bad person or anything.
The persona he puts on for streaming certainly isn’t for everyone though and I can absolutely see how it’d turn someone off.

2 Likes

why would you put on the persona of a massive tool when you could be nice and still get views

6 Likes

I feel that when it comes to streaming the louder and more colorful you are the more you stand out, even if it isn’t always in the best way.

What he’s doing has gotten him to where he is, so even if it doesn’t appeal to us specifically it does work for a good number of other people.

Well, that seems like pretty solid reasoning as to why he’s a good guy…

1 Like

doesn’t excuse u from promoting their behavior

1 Like

I never said it made him a good guy, I just gave a reason as to why he acts the way he does for his stream.

I’m not promoting it either. I’m just giving a reason. I don’t exactly watch him.

1 Like