Asmongold, is he that bad of a person?

Well, I’m just saying, “he’s horrible but it appeals to masses” is just a reason to not like him that I hadn’t considered yet.

2 Likes

This is objectively true, but a huge discussion on why bigoted people tend to thrive on YouTube and Twitch even though they’re a minority of content creators is probably beyond the scope of this thread.

Bajheera always seemed nice, but that’s probably only because I don’t watch him very often.

I watch Lore stream more often than anyone, really, if only because because his stream is about the furthest thing from what you’d expect to be.

2 Likes

And that’s fine, I’m not a huge fan of most Twitch personalities myself.
But again, I don’t think he’s a bad person.

I’d reserve that for people like the guy who beat his pregnant wife on stream not that long ago.

1 Like

I was just talking about this in Discord. Another reason I inherently dislike streamers: a very discernible pattern of creepiness. They get a few followers and go all David Letterman.

Oh absolutely.
Wasn’t there a guy who very recently told a suicidal woman to…well actually commit the act? Disgusting.

1 Like

Yeah, I heard about that one too. There’s just too many things about streamers and they culture they cultivate to dislike and despise for me to not immediately get irritated with them upon sight.

You people need to watch better streamers.

2 Likes

I don’t watch any. For my reasoning, see: this entire thread.

There are plenty good streamers out there. We just end up hearing about the horrible ones more often, sadly.

I watch Maximillian and Day9, what do I win?

That’s true about everything though.

Nobody care’s about the good.

We’ll squat in our own feces and talk about the bad forever though.

I just have never had someone explain to me successfully what’s fun about watching somebody else play video games. Apparently it is fun for a lot of people. I just can’t seem to grasp it.

1 Like

Mhm.

Hbomberguy raised like, 340k for a Mermaids, a trans organization. So that’s some good streamer news.

7 Likes

Even if there are good ones, I do not see the appeal of watching someone starved for attention playing WoW and giving me commentary on it.

I’m an adult with a job. I pay money to play WoW and provide that commentary myself, tyvm.

2 Likes

Hbomberguy just did a charity stream recently for Mermaids and raised over $340,000, all while playing Donkey Kong 64.

Now that’s a streamer.

9 Likes

Don’t forget groups like Game’s done quick also for raising ridiculous amounts of money for charity.

Well it’s comforting to know that there are some positive effects of this insanity.

Criken is a fun stream it’s just him and a bunch of his friends pseudo-rping

Guests who called in and declared their support for trans rights included Doom co-creator John Romero, Fallout: New Vegas director Josh Sawyer, Night in the Woods creator Scott Benson, Adam Conover of Adam Ruins Everything, transgender musician Nat Puff, activist Chelsea Manning, YouTubers like as ContraPoints and Riley J. Dennis, and even the infamous erotica author known as Chuck Tingle?

To top it all off, freshman U.S. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez made an appearance on the stream, declaring not only her support for trans rights but declaring that the Nintendo 64 is “the best system”

He had a lot of guest appearances.

5 Likes

That whole stream was amazing. Restored my hope for the future, even if only a little.