Ask your questions for the WoW Q&A here!

What are the plans for legendaries in 9.1 an so forth. Will they be upgradeable past item level 235? If so, will we continue using soul ash from Torghast to further upgrade our legendaries, or will there be changes to the way that our legendaries are upgraded?

Does Burning Crusade: Classic imply that, at some point, Wrath: Classic could be in development?

1 Like

Are there any other afterlives besides the realm of Shadowlands? There is multiple instances of Light believers mentioning of being one with the Light as their afterlife and even a questline in Wrath where we help a dying paladin to his death and be one with the Light.

3 Likes

Something that’s been on my mind for a very long time. Since WoW originally came out, you arbitrarily divided your player base into two groups, alliance and horde. Because of each player’s investment into their character(s) and guild, it can often be quite a disincentive to switch, even before considering the cost. As a result, if I as an alliance player find out one of my friends also plays wow, but they play horde, it creates an issue unique to this game. Normally, in any other game we would be able to start playing together, but in wow, we can’t join each others guild, we can’t group together, pvp together, raid together, or anything together besides whisper each other. We might as well be playing different games. The player base was arbitrarily split into two groups based on what they happened to pick when they started playing or perhaps based on what races they thought were cool when they started playing. Ultimately, this split became even more pronounced. The horde have seemingly better racial abilities which makes more people flock to that faction. This even causes other related issues, such as the need to balance the number of players queueing for random battlegrounds, which was addressed by allowing players to queue for the other faction. We also have seen the onset of legitimate racism between factions, which could be covered in a very interesting social study.

To summarize

• WoW players arbitrarily split into two groups, separating friends and potential friends alike from playing together.
  • A small but non-zero difference in game experience available to players who pick each faction.
  • An imbalance in players due to historical trends and racial abilities with significant ramifications
  • True racism where players legitimately hate players of the opposite faction.

It seems that after nearly two decades, it may be time to remove this barrier from the game.

It doesn’t even have to impact historical lore or gameplay in any significant way. Of course there are several ways to approach this, but I imagine that the factions would still exist, but the barrier of not being able to play together could be removed. In my vision, guilds would still be limited to one faction, similar to how a guild can’t include players from another server, but players would be able to group together for all content. We already have one race that is available to both factions. Feasibly, the Alliance and Horde could form a treaty, allowing players of one faction to pledge their allegiance to the opposite faction. Of course PvP, particularly world PvP, would need to be addressed. I have a few thoughts on it, but that does seem like a more pronounced issue that a Blizzard product team would need to really consider on a comprehensive scale so I’ll just point out that it’s a small, albeit difficult to solve, issue that shouldn’t stand in the way of uniting your player base.

2 Likes

Why cant I mount my mechanical mounts (that aren’t alive), or the death knight mounts in the Maw but a druids travel form is mount speed?

5 Likes

Was layering intended simply as a tool to prevent login queues or to double as a form zone population management?

Are there any plans to improve professions, making them more relevant (aside from Leggos
snubbed engy, but we got the wormhole so don’t touch that pls), and actually useful? By the time you can make any gear, you out-level it, almost anything worthwhile is BoP, so you can’t sell it, so not much of a profession there. I powered my engy up for the goggles to get them asap, had them for a day before a low ilvl drop from a normal dungeon replaced them. Perhaps scale the mats with ilvl and allow for the crafter to choose ilevel. Items for levels under max should have minimal requirements unless they are OP, and mats should be gained through the leveling process, endgame mats can be more labour intensive, but it would be great if it was interesting. Perhaps less world drop epics and more crafter epics to sell. Just make it fun and useful. Allow crafters to upgrade crafted items incl already equipped one via the trade window. Make collecting mats more interesting. bop items from dungeons or far off locales, less bot farmed herbs
glyphs seem dead, but there is so much that could be done, can there be a way to learn the older rng learned glyphs, can’t buy the glyph of fear on my server. So much that could be done. If you don’t want profs to increase player power, allow crafters to learn rare appearances for transmogs or transmogs that can be learned from all content, less mats trhan crafting actual items, transmog gear for others though trade window, giving them the transmog to use going forward. And probably a million other suggestions that have been made over the years. Please make all professions relevant in leveling and end game.

Most servers haven’t had free population moves enabled for sometime, does this mean that you feel these 5000+ player servers are fine? (Because it certainly doesn’t feel that way on the ground but asking 50-70 people in a guild to pay $25-$125 to server transfer their characters is an absolute non-starter)

1 Like

Can we get the option to run vanilla legacy dungeons scaled to max level/M+ with appropriate loot tables, a la timewalking? BRD M+ anyone?

When’s Legion Timewalking coming?

is there a possibility for a new Multi spec class like monk ? a new class would bring new life to the game.

1 Like

So, how does it end?

Will we be able to transmog into the Mawsworn (legendary) sets in the future?

1 Like

Thoughts on bring back stats like resistance on gear? It was dabbled with in BFA with the cloak and corruption. But that was one of the most engaging parts of running Molten Core and BWL, it gated it organically, without some forced time gating. Granted it was nuts trying to get fire resist gear that didnt gimp you in Vanilla, but turns out it was kind of fun scouring old zones, quests and dungeons for the gear and drops you needed. Then as you progressed your gear, resistance and power levels progressed as well. It wasn’t perfect, but I think there is something there for longevity, and goals, which is better than, “you cant get in here for 8 weeks”, or some other arbitrary gate. I’d rather hunt gear than collect tokens or another random currency. perhaps, it can be applied to the maw, reducing the jailers gaze on you(perhaps on items or gear from Torghast, making that place useful for more than your one leggo). I think there is something there, that makes gear choices more interesting and impactful and less of a punishment, but you’d have to do something about gear sets and bag space cause carrying all that gear for druids would be a nightmare.

I’m not sure I agree with this at all. It’s more like melee classes, mages and bookins are dangerous with WW monks, warriors, rets and rogues being so overtuned its actual insanity. Then you have classes like hunter and warlock which are just a complete uphill battle- they just get trained and die in a global.

Question : Class balancing, some classes perform way better then others thoughts on this topic.

Ty

1 Like

will, or can, druids get more ground travel forms? all of our current options are outdated and/or bland (aside from allied races)

2 Likes

Any chance of getting the souls cap increased from 100? Those of us who focused on mounts (and cosmetics) have cap we’re unable to spend.

1 Like

Would you please consider bringing back the metamorph demonology warlock at least in some way (even if as, for example, a third spec for DH, since the game hasn’t added a ranged spec in forever)?

1 Like

When the dev team goes out to eat, what’s the food of choice?

When are you going to make a bard class?