Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve in the Weeks to Come

Look, if you can’t play 24/7 you should be allowed to fall behind for some reason

Meanwhile Blizzard thinks 1 quest is enough content to last a month before BWL.

1 Like

What do you mean? The cloak gives sanity resistance, which is like the most important effect in timewalking, considering time walking is so boring it drives me insane. :slight_smile:

as well as increasing corruption resistances that allow you to equip more corrupted gear

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if that was slipped into the game

What’s the point of this? You can already only do 3, maybe 4 visions per week at max. Was a time gate ontop of another time game really necessary? If people get ahead because they play more, let them.

2 Likes

Ooooh :open_mouth: Well that’s interesting … Though I think in timewalking, I’d probably stick to the other legendary cloaks, as their effects would appear more beneficial towards the group in scale.

Is there any special discount for rogues who have Tiriosh and Golad?

Asking for a friend alt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, a lot of people left the minute Korrak ended. They’re gone. They’ll be back for Shadowlands only if it’s clear people are having fun, hardly a given.

So we finish the cloak in September… Alts made before almost the end of July will finish their cloak the same time as well and the 470s from mask full clears will come MANY weeks after we don’t need them.

Wow doesn’t this completely defeat the point of the content? There is no reason to enter a horrific vision if you can’t gain a cloak upgrade from it. Now after you do your weekly cloak upgrade there is no reason to explore. You no longer need titan research. You just hoard coalescing visions until you have a max level cloak and then you can start pushing for Corrupted mementos. This seems really dumb.

1 Like

Yes. Welcome to Battle for Azeroth.

1 Like

People complaining are missing a key part. that to do a Visions “the right way” vs leveling the cloak is almost counterproductive in a world where risking failing your cloak upgrade is your biggest worry.

Now you get 3-4 chances a week for 1 upgrade after week 1 of running straight to boss. and you can use the other 2-3 tries trying to full clear or add masks or full mask clear. rather than doing 0 exploring until after rank 13 cloak (the main stat proc) because putting yourself even 1 week behind on the main stat proc is risking getting yourself sat once everyone else has it and you don’t

4 Likes

Boo.

If it weren’t for foxy foxes… I’d play something else.

How in the heck do you even say that cloaks name out loud?

Except now there’s even less reason to explore. If you have 3 entry tokens and you only get one upgrade why would use your other two tokens for a small amount of corrupted mementos when you can hoard your entry until your cloak is maxed out and get far more mementos than when your cloak is low level.

Cloak upgrades were the reason to enter the horrific visions. When you entered you wanted to maximize the value of your entry which gave purpose to the titan research and the additional objectives. Now there’s no reason to progress on anything until your cloak is already strong enough to make them insanely easy.

Vessels of Horrific visions are now unique (5)
Coalescing visions are now capped at 25k

So now instead of using a Vessel of Horrific vision to actually gain a power upgrade or something useful you will be forced to use them in between cloak upgrades when you are about to hit the currency caps.

1 Like

Oh lighten. Degradation of humanity?? We’re talking about a video game ffs.

Sounds like everything else that took weeks/patches to upgrade to gain more power and that’s perfectly in line with how WoW has worked all these years. Or even the weeks spent feeding and caring for that bratty dino mount. I may complain but I enjoy doing weekly progression things. You know we’ll all go play Pokemon instead if there wasn’t anything to do in WoW.

I for one am looking forward to this “something new to do” while we wait for Shadowlands. k fine, I’m playing pokemon and link’s awakening cuz once a week things aren’t quite enough to keep me busy.

Thanks for this wait-time-filler, Blizz.

ps. didja have to name it something we can’t pronounce IRL? I’m gonna call it Ash’s Kama (means kettle in Japanese)

2 Likes

I didn’t spend any time on the PTR. Can you elaborate on how this all works with this change? There are just too many currencies for me to follow. Does it mean I can do more invasions/visions to catch up if I miss one or…?

1 Like

I did the legendary cloak thing already in MoP think I’ll pass and just wait until Shadowlands the legendary cloak will become irrelevant then anyway.

if you fix something the wrong way it doesn’t exempt it from criticism. If this is the entire expansion think about what people really paid for. If they wanted to put this little content into an expansion they shouldn’t have used time gating to make it last longer they should’ve just charged less.