Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve in the Weeks to Come

I have a feeling they will a pull a limited time only thing iif you want to mog them so ill do it anyways just incase lol.

Just learned today there was a cap for ranks and time locked bs. If i want to grind, let me grind.

Oh boy, I wonder what Wrathion will call Anduin when he marries him?

“oh, you’re my Ashjra’kamas”

2 Likes

it’s the same reason they took out azerite drops from M+ they didn’t want people grinding out the currency to get BiS traits unless they’ve played x amount of weeks.

because 470 guaranteed corrupted gear is pretty damn good? once my cloak is level 6+ and has the 40% sanity reduction ill be pushing to attempt full clears and get full masks and do at least a full mask run week 2 of mythic raid. Every week after that the reward is less and less appealing. You want to be doing full mask clear week 3 not week 10 and now you have 3 tries a week to push as hard as you can to get as many upgrades as you can out of it. because your cloak should be done your first try of the week then 3 more tries per week to push.

1 Like

It only goes to like rank 15. How would that take 30 weeks?

1 Like

Past rank 15, you can get a malefic core every week to add 3 corruption resist until it’s capped out.

1 Like

Okay, but what if I don’t want any corruption, because old god mojo is bad? :thinking:

And relying on clearly curropted and dangerous items has always been historically a bad thing?

Guess it’s just a slightly higher stat slot then.

1 Like

So new players and alts will NOT be able to play with the rest of us because they just be behind and have to catch up. Gear is never a problem, the ap, essences and now cloak grind will prevent anyone new or alting the ability to step in the game and play end game. You know being 3 or more weeks behind = not being able to get groups or playing the game until next xpac.

Gone are the days of inviting someone mid xpac to play the game.

Good news is that there is a way for people to catchup with the cloak. Bad news is that it is gated two ways now lol.

The content level is pretty much on par with any other expansion?

4 raid tiers (no reskins)
11 dungeons
8 zones
10 allied races
some fluff side stuff

etc.

2 Likes

I don’t really care for this kind of heavy handed approach to player progress.

Making sure everyone is on the same page regardless of when/how well they played sorta defeats the purpose of an active system.

Might as well just have the cloak function exactly like AK and upgrade itself passively over the weeks to keep everyone in lock step with one another. Achieves the same goal this system sets out to do.

1 Like

if by any other expansion you mean warlords of draenor sure but it hardly even competes with that. The only thing outstanding in BFA was the raiding and it was supposed to be a pvp expansion. We were promised a lot of things and in the heights of our hype after being in one of wow’s best places ever blizzard failed to deliver even mediocrity with this expansion. I could make a thread about each of the things you brought up and how aside from the sound / art team this expansion was extremely below part in every way compared to it’s predecessors.
Story telling
Game play
class design
reptuation and questing
bonus content (warfronts/expeditions vs scenarios. challenge modes vs M+)
Everything about this expansion is less than what we should expect from blizzard entertainment. the sad thing is i think most would agree that you’d have a hard time arguing otherwise.

1 Like

As much as I hate being time-locked, this is still a very good change and removes the whole “you can get screwed over PERMANENTLY” feeling.

2 Likes

Boring :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This whole system of corrupted gear and corruption resistance exists as a gradual-over-time nerf to the raid. Of course it’s going to be time gated, and it’s not surprising that it would be.

1 Like

THIS. Good grief, GD is just the worst.

1 Like

Well I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy the content. I don’t think you will be anywhere close to earning 470 gear on week 3. I’ve accepted my fate that I will just horde the currency and wait a few weeks to earn more/stronger gear than if I had tried to progress on a weekly basis.

From wowhead:

Defeating Thrall or Alleria in a Horrific Vision will reward 1 gear item from the “pre-raid” set. The item level of this piece depends on how many other activities you did in the Horrific Vision, as well as how many Faceless Masks were active.

So according to this you don’t have any additional room for exploration because you still have to kill thrall or alleria for the gear reward. I never failed to kill them on the PTR so I don’t know how accurate this is.

1 Like

This is a cop out way of handling it. It’s capping the top end, instead of providing an intelligent boost to the other end. Like giving a character who is behind at least 1 level of the cloak at the start of that reset a free run. This means they could get +1 runs over those that are caught up, leading to quick catchup unless you just continuously fail, which case the time gating won’t help you much either.

1 Like

But at least you can catch up if you start later or go on vacation, etc.

1 Like