Ash'adar mount

So, by this logic, if I go to a random McDonald’s and tell the cashier about something they’d bring it up with the CEO of McDonald’s?

2 Likes

I mean, again. This forum is one for players to assist other players. Our SFAs are here to offer advice, insight and moderation. It’s not their job to, plain and simple.

Literally every other forum on this site is a point for data collection. This one is the only one that isn’t due to its format. There is also the in-game interface to offer feedback and suggestions.

That’s why the regular folks keep trying to drill it in that people coming here to vent and all of that need to put it elsewhere, because by posting here? It’s like a fart in the wind. We as your fellow players can’t do anything with it but try and point people in the right direction.

3 Likes

That would imply I asked them to relay things to Bobby Kotick, which I didn’t. I just figured if these guys see something being largely complained about, they could shoot it over to one of the CMs and then it gets relayed up the food chain.

Versus players having to post it again and again in different forums, and then hope it gets seen by someone who can act on it, since the other forums rarely get replies either.

Like I said, it sounds inefficient. Then again, if they’re not all at the Irvine HQ then I would understand.

To this point, maybe the part of the pinned post that points out this forum is not a point-of-contact shouldn’t be much smaller font than the rest of the text. You know people rarely read the fine print.

Having worked for large corporations I can tell you that it is more inefficient to not allow just any and all staff to relay information. It is much more efficient to allow a certain team to relay the information. Mostly because you can control how the information is presented and who it is presented to. Someone that has a job responsibility (like General Forum CMs) of communicating with the Devs about what the community is talking about, has been trained on how the Devs want the information presented and where they would like it presented. In that way they get one standard report that is put together by a core team with knowledge about how to do it, if you allow everyone to just submit information you have thousands of requests from people who might not know the best way to present it or who should even be getting it.

The same idea is seen in how the forums are run, for instance, it is easier to have suggestions to either be posted in the forum that is the subject of what the request is in regards to then to have them just posted all over the place.

6 Likes

Everyone assumes I suggest Vrakthis goes directly to Ion or Jeremy and hands them some info they jotted down on a sheet of paper. Maybe I should be more succinct in the future.

Anyway, I’ll agree to understand your points and we can get back to all the people who are missing their mounts and waiting for the fix.

I mean, people aren’t reading these threads for the most part, so that they don’t pay any mind to the stickies is hardly surprising.

It’s why the folks who help out here try to get people pointed in the right direction. The majority of this thread and all the other ones that have piled up here in CS should have been moved over to Bug Reports honestly, but then that wouldn’t do anything to prevent a dozen more popping up in their absence.

If there is something that is appearing to be a widespread issue, usually Vrak and Orlyia will poke around and see if they can get some insight to pass along, but even they are not always kept fully in the loop until a Dev or CM decides to make an official post.

But we’re detracting from things here. We get a little leeway for the sake of trying to educate folks or help to clarify things such as this. The black-and-white of it is that this forum is not a point of contact where feedback is collected and relayed along. So the round and round and round of things here, myself and others are trying to make sure that people who want their voices to be heard - will be. So we just keep directing them to the proper places where feedback is collected.

4 Likes

The forums are read, that is what the CMs’ jobs are. The stopped replying because of the toxic replies that would happen. They used to have a much bigger presence on General, that seemed to change a few years ago when a CM was Doxed on the forums and had a player show up at their house.

They are not, the SFAs that post here and a vast majority of the GMs are now located in the Austin office. The CMs and Devs are all still mostly in Irvine.

6 Likes

It’s actually inefficient to involve a third person, as it invites miscommunications and misunderstandings. You have a direct line to QA in the Bug Report Forum. Why would you think it’s more efficient to ask an SFA to contact QA when you can do it yourself? You can not only ensure that QA gets all the information you have, but it’s also a lot faster than waiting for an SFA to get to your thread.

CAN Vrakthris or Orylia open up their Outlook, search for a developer or QA person’s e-mail (if they don’t already know), and send them an e-mail about an issue? Sure, they COULD. But it’s about establishing a chain of command. They do not report to QA, and QA does not get their work assignments from the SFA staff. And when players start seeing that SFA’s can “pass along” information, now you’re going to have thousands of requests to “pass along” something.

It’s also an inefficient use of time, because it’s also information that QA likely already has. They know about the Trading Post issues. They are working to fix them. They aren’t going to stop what they are doing to read e-mails from a GM or SFA, letting them know that there’s an issue they already know about.

Just be patient, and let them fix the issue.

11 Likes

Showed up for me after the reset this morning in the chest.

2 Likes

Just wanted to pop in as well, received my mount and missing currency just now after reset.

3 Likes

Blizzard was kind enough to give me the mount today after reset (having “earned” it 4 days ago) so check your Trading Post vault. As for the TCG, can you even get those cards any more?

On the TCG trading market and/or direct selling sites, but all of this is at your own risk. There are players that have claimed an unscratched card was claimed and so on.

Recently Blizzard even gave out several of the “most highest” valued TCG promos for free through a Twitch watch event this is exactly a good reason why we have the Trading Post and more similar events.

2 Likes

I had like 100 away from getting the mount and the progress bar just reset! weird bc it is showing progress as 250/1000 and the progress bar is showing like 125 and yesterday I was literally 100 away from getting the mount. The trader post has some very large bugs! should have debugged properly before release. js.

The first thing to try is a Full UI Reset. Follow the instructions here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

After you complete this, login with a fresh default UI and see what the progress bar says. If it is still incorrect, then you’ll want to put it in the Bug Report Forum.

4 Likes

apparently logging out waiting 30 minutes and logging back in seems to fix it.

4 Likes

So you had a display error possibly caused by an addon or other corrupted file. That is why the first step in triaging issues such as this is a full UI reset.

1 Like