As a Crafter, I deserve higher commissions

Not how economies work

5 Likes

Clearly their vision for crafting failed. It’s the same failed economy as the AH now.

1 Like

2k would be nice, now try getting ONE SILVER commissions for treatises

Edit: the worst part is you cut is 95 copper…

They should never bring back profession in the first place. Too many classic streamer was in the beta…

1 Like

But the point Garmuck, is life isn’t fair. Neither is a free market. I’m not saying this to be mean, it’s just the reality of the system as a whole. You see this in real world ecenomics as well.

1 Like

The economy isn’t failing because money is being made hand over fist, my man.

1 Like

I mean they did but they didn’t even balance it properly or even implement anything well, this expansion low key booty cheeks the more and more systems I try.

It’s like a half made project.

There is no market, you have idiots selling crafts for 1 silver or free. It’s worse than the AH without regulation.

There’s always a plan in motion, even if you can’t see it. The idiots you speak of are selling rank 1 and 2 pieces for cheap or free so that they can profit off their supped up rank 4s and 5s, It’s not really stupid if you pay attention to what’s going on in the market right now.

1 Like

On my server the higher rank stuff is also going for cheap lmao. Its not even lucrative to do crafting, I don’t see the point of them advertising as an expansion feature when they didn’t even bother adding commission barriers to prevent people essentially low balling every craft item.

I don’t get this. 2k is a plenty reasonable tip when someone else is providing the mats to you.

9 Likes

There’s no way I’d ever pay someone 20 - 30k gold just for pressing a button.

6 Likes

It’s not even about just that one item, all crafts are being low balled because there’s no regulation on commissions. There’s zero way to profit off this.

Well that’s your loss, everyone should be forced to pay whatever crafters want you to pay. That’s what would make it unique from the AH.

sorry…not really the way that works

you can get, whatever the market will bare, whether its in game, or IRL.

Something is only WORTH what someone is willing to pay for it

I mean, you can try the ‘niche sector’ of buyers if you want, but you will probably wait a WHILE to sell stuff.

Right now? TONS of people are selling low, so they can skill up…now the market is flooded…so now is NOT the time to charge outrageous prices…
right now would be the time to sell quantity ,

Later when everyone is getting more serious in to raids/ dungeons…THATS when you will get a bigger price…

1 Like

Wdym… Even higher quality stuff is going for absurdly low prices, there’s zero barriers or preventions for people lowballing.

It’s worse than the AH.

But crafters are also at the mercy of what consumers are willing to pay.
and it’s not a commission, it’s a tip, the customer is providing all the mats, it would be a commission if the crafter was providing everything.

5 Likes

not quality…
QUANTITY

so sell more pieces, at lower prices, now…the when the market is not so flooded…sell less pieces, at higher prices

so dont take the order, then.

2 Likes

Then wtf is the point of a revamp or crafting order, just put this all on the AH if it’s all essentially the same thing.

If they want to strike a difference between work orders and AH, the work orders need to be regulated by crafters no the customers.

That’s not how any of this works lmao, you have people flooding the market with low prices and taking pennies for commision orders.

This creates an economy where no one can profit as there’s always someone to fulfill that low order.

So basically Garmuck, everything in the game should be all for you, your way or the highway?

5 Likes

Ok, I’m going to stop you right there.

Question for you. Is the person providing the materials?
If yes, then why the hell aren’t you taking the time to fill it? That’s free money.

If no: what mats are they wanting you to provide? What’s the going rate for those mats on the AH?
If we’re talking anywhere between 400 to as high as 1900 gold in mats, you’re still coming out ahead. Would you rather just straight up sell the raw mats on the AH and make LESS with a chance of losing money if the market is aggressively undercut while your stuff is up there?

2 Likes