As a Crafter, I deserve higher commissions

I’m tired of people cheaping out on commissions when they put in crafting orders. The token atm is sitting at around 170k which is $20 worth and you want to commission me 2k for a PvP piece? 2k??

2k is literally less than 2% of a $20 token, i’m being paid literal pennies worth of gold by WoW token standards as a crafter.

I have whispered people and told them 50k per piece, which is incredibly fair. That keeps my crafting business afloat, while allowing me to thrive as an independent crafter and and thus put out more pieces into the market.

I am always met with ignores and ridicule, and then people wonder why no one fills their crafting orders.

If Blizzard wants crafting to be taken seriously, we deserve higher commissions.

As rarer recipes come out, I would like to go upwards of 1M on certain raid exclusive patterns for example in order to make crafting a lucrative activity in this game.

13 Likes

like it or not, someone else is fulfilling that 2k commission.

155 Likes

There are crafting orders on your server?

109 Likes

And that’s the other problem, it’s as bad as someone undercutting in the AH by 90% of the original item value to sell fast.

Blizzard needs to ban massive undercuts like that and standardize a set rate that all crafters want to go for or what’s the use in being a crafter.

8 Likes

I have absolutely no problem finding crafters who will fulfill my orders for 1500g. 1500 x 20 per day = 30k gold just for clicking a button. That’s 900k gold per month per character.

53 Likes

Meanwhile, on my server, you have to pay other people to put up work orders so you can complete the 5 work order quests…

LOL

28 Likes

I wish someone would tell the other drug dealers in my neighborhood this

25 Likes

This should not exist. If Blizzard wants crafting to be lucrative like they wanted it to be, set a server wide rate like 20- 30k per craft and don’t allow anyone to low ball it.

Keep low balling to the AH, crafting should be a different economy.

2 Likes

I am curious - you are known as a troll on the Classic forums. Were you just practicing your troll skills there, or did you just need a larger audience so you came over to GD here?

73 Likes

I am not a troll, all of my Classic posts are valid and came true. I am more of a prophet, I predicted Wrath’s death.

4 Likes

Could use more work still

5 Likes

2k for clicking a button?

My crafting orders are getting quickly filled for 1g commission. People just want skill ups right now.

22 Likes

I’d just be happy if they MASSIVELY downscalled the number of public orders people can fulfil cause some folks will do that to lock lower level crafters out of being able to fulfil orders, or heck, even just have npc consumable orders that refresh every 30 minutes for things like armor kits/drums/enchants/etc that way there’s at least the OPTION

2 Likes

You deserve what ever the market is willing to pay.

42 Likes

No, 20 - 50k for clicking a button.

If you want cheap items go to AH, crafting should be expensive so there’s a reason for people to pick up crafting.

Wrong, Crafters deserve to control the market otherwise why even pick up crafting? Just use the AH.

You deserve… fancy feast

20 Likes

Crafters do control the market…and they are willing to work for much much less than you are.

26 Likes

LOL I suggest a giant dose of getting over yourself

55 Likes

You’re not going to get 50k for clicking a button. No one is going to buy the mats and then pay you that much, too. Get real!

35 Likes

To bad work orders aren’t cross server. I will happily fill them all for free.

I am weird, I like to help people.

41 Likes