As a Crafter, I deserve higher commissions

If I see a crafting order I can do I’ll do it. Don’t even care what the tip is as the person is supplying all the materials I just have to click a few buttons. If it gets to the point there are tons of orders and I have to pick which ones to spend my 20 per day on then yeah I’ll probably go for the higher priced stuff but right now I’m just glad to see anyone using the system. The current market is too many suppliers not enough buyers so prices are low.

1 Like

Jagex tried this once…

: )

Nah, just pull the lowest priced items from AH for any consumer who doesnt have all the mats. Blizz counts it, and puts it in an automatic CoD pricing/payment system when its filled.

Consumers already have the AH worked out, itd be same as, but one less step than, the order placer getting all the mats first then putting it up.

And so if the Token value was 5k… you’d be totally happy with your commission??

Basing things off the value of the Token is stupid. It’s a dynamic price.

But the time and effort it takes to raise crafting under this new system is REAL! You’re right in that it deserves to be rewarded!

But it has nothing to do with the Token. Don’t bring up pointless arguments to illustrate a point.

As someone said a mere 2-3 posts into this thread: your only issue is someone is willing to (basically) do it for free.

That’s it. It has nothing to do with the Token.

Price controls are lame. Let the market decide!

professions are lucrative, I have too much gold.

I love the ones that want to “tip” 10 gold on a pattern that cost over 100 k. People will decide what they want to do either way.

No. You don’t.

I tip well on high profile items, helps make connections. :sunglasses:

As a crafter, I would love to see any orders on the market. My Alchemist, Enchanter, Engineer, Tailor and Leatherworker rarely see anything. So, getting the quests to craft x orders for knowledge is sucking and yes, I know I can send myself an order but damn if I am going to pay 20 gold to post it.

20 gold is pocket change.

Then you should only be asking for tips for 15-17% which would be the absolute normal standard to tip someone, anytime. So if you had an item for 170k, a tip would be 25k-ish. Still high but much more reasonable than your unreasonable number. How did you come to the conclusion that 50k is fair?

Nobody is going to pay you an almost 50% tip. Especially when they are supplying their own materials.

If you want a good tip, farm elemental lariat. :laughing:

As a leatherworker and love crafting, I disagree. This is a free market.

At the moment most crafters are trying to level up and are willing to take less to get the skill points. Once most hit max the Market will change again.

2 - 10k is a good tip.

They are farming and buying mats and putting in the work. I am pressing a button and getting paid and a skill up. Till I am maxed I will take orders on the cheap. Then I can afford to pick and choose. When more crafters get maxed you will see a change.

I make up the difference in selling food and smaller gear that is easily made…our server food is going pretty good.

Sorry but I simply don’t see much value in something that will be replaced pretty quickly once I have a proper equivalent for it. Along with it doesn’t even hold much weight in gold compared to the elemental lariat, or enchants that are still too expensive currently. Then all your doing is putting it together, and even then pretty much anyone else can do that, and is doing it obviously for a much lower and better price.

I could maybe see 10k max, but your far off the mark with 50k, and then trying to say 1M for some of the rare patterns, like the bulk of people charged a 100k commission for the lariat, not 1M.

You seem like your doing your job well of driving yourself out of business though with your obscene high pricing though.

I don’t think you meant to respond to me… but w/e.

1 Like

It’s because of his quote, i think

Commissions should be capped at 5k gold, and go no lower then 100 gold.

Or, blizzard can stop trying to come up with something new, and just add buy orders to the AH and be done with all the BoP nonsense.

But the cost of the pattern is dynamic. edit to clarify: The ACTUAL cost of the pattern is a mere 50g. That’s what a vendor will give you for it.)

It’s not like it’s available at a vendor for 100k. Right now, it’s just high because it’s new and SUCKERS are being taken advantage of.

You don’t HAVE to buy it at that price. And certainly not to justify a high commission. “But I paid a high price.” You didn’t have to.

1 Like