As a Crafter, I deserve higher commissions

So by your logic you deserve let’s say what 10k? 20k? so around 10-15% of a token for a 5 second cast give or take? Let’s assume your mailbox was full of crafting orders and you could craft non stop. How many could you make in a minute.

You’re suggesting you should make the equivalent of about 5 tokens per hour or 100 dollars real money per hour to craft stuff in a video game?

You need some help

2 Likes

Shouldn’t need a token to get something crafted. As as matter of fact Blizzard can never find a happy medium. Its to easy or to hard for a player that doesn’t have a mat bot or live in the game.

Ahh the utterly toxic effect of putting a game’s primary currency on the cash shop

People just vastly underestimate how much damage this did to the game design and its economy

1 Like

To make you cry, apparently.

Would a hug help, friend?

Prices in wow are always a race to the bottom until someone comes in and buys a monopoly and then sets a price

Not 50k + mats per item…
I’m thinking of rolling a toon on your realm just to undercut you.

Very obvious that you’re a troll, just flag and move on

2 Likes

It’s called supply and demand, learn it.

1 Like

This post was posted by a moron

2 Likes

Not. At. All.

If this behavior is happening and sustaining, that’s because it reflects actual rate.

Someone else values their time, but while you’re fishing for whales, they’re bringing in a steady supply of small fry.

Often, those 2k commissions are for complete mats and cover the fringe costs. For the effort of craft itself, the return of 2k gold relative to the time spent crafting is still a phenomenal rate on gold per time spent.

Which is why they’re doing it! Volume of sales is one of the effective pillars of a living economy.

You’re made that you’re missing out and you want to rig the market in your favor, but the reality is, you’re not reading the signs of the market and leaning into the trend. By all accounts, you’re misplaying in your lane of content.

You’re effectively complaining as if you were a tank unable to hold aggro but refusing to taunt.

People apparently don’t realize that this exchange was occuring, en masse, well before the WoW tokens was introduced.

And it was far and away way worse before. The players still opted such behavior despite bans and punishment, so it was clear this exchange was heavily desired. Sites were growing every steady to meet this demand, to the point any random combination of fantasy sounding terms was peddling gold.

But the big difference is that back then it was the wild west and credit card fraud and illicit purchases by children were actively hurting the WoW economy due to a myriad of rippling issues; that facet has largely been mitigated.

But more importantly, a WoW token is NOT strictly additive as gold sites were. WoW inflation was far more rampant relative to normal gold values before the WoW token.

While people like to blame it, those people tend to not realize the WoW token’s existence has successfully and actively mitigated much of the most damaging behavior gold exchanging incurred.

And that’s before you consider that there are also players who utilize this service to pay for their sub time, which opens up the game for those who may not otherwise be able to afford it.

Minors tend to fall into this camp, and a minor could feasibly earn and utilize their gold not only to fuel their hobby, but to access other Blizzard games as well.

Pre WoW token, this beneficial service simply didn’t exist.

Found the socalist…

then don’t be a crafter… honestly blizzard never said “that’ll pay for your sub every month and make you lots of gold” it’s just a feature for the community to interact more with each other. go do something else to make gold and stop complaining about nothing.

LMAO, this man wants 50k per craft. let’s say he does 5 a day. my guy wants to make 250k ($30) for 25 seconds of work/casting. LOL, we need to get him admitted for a psych evaluation.

3 Likes

you lucky your getting 2k. i got 2 pcs of gear crafted today for 2k. its my mats all the crafter is doing is clicking a button its not like your doing any work. 50k is the price of 389+ that people are trying to sell

Come to think about it, haven’t seen the OP on the forums within the last 24 hours. Wonder if they were caught out for the trolling?

2 Likes

Sometimes. But that’s the exception, not the rule.

I actually know him in-game, I think he might’ve caught a suspension but he’s still running Mythics daily so it’s hard to tell if he did or if he just got bored of posting on the forums.

The funny thing is that if he’s not posting on the forums, he’s on the trade chat trolling 24/7 so he’s like a local server legend but I don’t think they know it’s the same person posting on his alt or they’d come mess with him here too like how they mess with him in-game.

It was not a system that was supposed to make crafters a lot of gold, its just a cool extra thing people can use to finally get BoP crafted gear. If you want to make gold from crafting, then just craft! Farm up your own materials, and find something you enjoy making, sell that on the auction house and bam there’s you’re gold!

I have filled orders with 20 gold commissions for the inscription treatise. Like a dog, I must take it because I need to craft those bop items to “discover” more recipes. What a crappy system, completely biased toward consumers. I ended up dropping the inscription.

You know the second bliz put a comicion minimum the work orders will die and trade chat black market /discords will just do it on direct trades