As a Crafter, I deserve higher commissions

And here I am picking up all the crafting orders I can that don’t eat my mats even if its only a few hundred gold. If im spending less than the time to do a WQ on it and getting more than a WQ’s amount of gold and can do that infinitely? Well I am going to

Now when they want my mats to craft it OTOH I get to charge a premium and feel bad for all the crafters that get fleeced not paying attention

Seems like they could fix this easily by having a crafting order commission somehow be standardized by reagent prices. Like if the reagents on the auction house on your server cost 10k combined, you HAVE to pay at least 70% of reagent cost to the crafter. Right now on MoonGuard I have been doing this thing where I buy reagents for Azureweave Expedition packs, which cost 20k on moonguard. I then put in a crafting order for the bag and set commission at 2k. Longest I have ever had to wait for the bag to be crafted then sell on the auction house is 1 day.

The reagents cost 7k. If I add the 2k commission price, it comes up to 9k. Then, I sell the bag on the AH for 20k and make a profit of 11k per bag without ever learning tailoring. By doing this, I am literally a parasite on the entire market, and people are creating competition for themselves without even realizing it because they are just doing their crafting order quest for the day and 2k seems reasonable for them to essentially craft something for free.

I don’t think this is something that players should be able to do. If I had to pay 70-90% of the AH price for the mats, the profits would go down to the point where it is barely worth doing compared to just learning crafting myself. It almost seems like an exploit.

yep haven’t seen a single order show up

by doing this you are getting paid for your time investment harvesting/aquiring materials. Edit : and taking a (relatively small) risk by having the item created to be sold

Time is money and all that

I mean that is one way of looking at that, but I think it is equivalent to just straight up scamming that is expedited by Blizzard’s crafting order system.

Prices are just the meeting point between the highest price that buyers are willing to pay and the lowest price sellers are willing to accept. If you think that the commissions being offered are too low, don’t take them! If the rest of the crafter community agrees with you then people will be forced to raise commissions.

If instead your absence is filled by a hundred crafters who think the commission is reasonable, then you’ll just lose business. That’s just how it goes. In a competitive free market, prices arise from the interaction between producers and consumers, not from the dictate of one side or the other.

3 Likes

I found a trick to that. Because personal Work Orders work, so what I do is send the mats to another toon, and request personal work orders to my main.

1 Like

The real gold is in the gathering.

I have a guildie with whom we just trade junk crafting orders with each other to get the quest done.

well then those players who are too lazy to farm the mats and get one made through relatively cheaper commissions are paying a premium to not have to bother with the commission system.

I wouldn’t worry about it as much as your thinking. Eventually the crafters will wise up or some other entrepreneurs will and push the market down via filling the demand (this reducing price)

1 Like

It seems to be a few of the best ways to get that quest completely without having to pay anyone to complete it.

I’ll be interested to see how much the work orders system opens up once the season actually starts and crafters actually start learning recipes that people actually want. Right now the options are mostly junk blues and a few scattered pieces of profession equipment. It looks to me like the real winners are inscriptionists with the treatises.

“Blizzard needs to make me rich”.

No, they don’t. They need to let the market set the rate.

Yeah… I clicked the ‘craft’ button to use your materials… that will be 2000 gold please.

NGL I’m not sorry to see inscription feel semi-relevant for five hot seconds again lol. For a long time it felt like the forgotten profession.

1 Like

No no thats lowballing it. 20k.

1 Like

Seems pretty simple, if it’s worth your time, do it, if not, then don’t :man_shrugging:t3:

Only mats I might let slide without a premium would be the raw materials (herbs, ores, etc) and the ones made from my craft (alloys, inks, etc.) as either I am gathering such myself OR I’d possibly be making them to sell on the AH and then I might wind up using what I made for an order due to how things go around.

in the current market? it’s not worth it to let them slide on mats in general. after the first patch though is a different story unless there are new updated items to create

I am an Engineer, most of what I could make for orders I need to make the parts for myself, most of the ore I mine goes into making the bolts, gears, etc that I need. However, since such are made by engineers, and few think of buying or selling such on the AH, why would I not it slide if I can easily replace, and likely would when crafting parts for my own things?