Arfus is massively disrespectful towards your players and their time

kay, but i have zero pet charms atm
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

It maybe 2023, I’m not sure why the year matters, but this is also a mmorpg. Random rare drops being random and rare is part of that genre. As are time sinks and grinds, if someone doesn’t like these aspects perhaps the genre isn’t right for them.

4 Likes

We had to euthanize our almost 11 year old dog on the 13th. Arfus is the closest model the game has to what he was(a Bernese mountain dog) and I thought it would be a touching honor to my best boy.

I’ve been running 9 toons daily with most being able to the 4 curses(though there’s not much I can do when the tank drops and I take full aggro).

I do not have Arfus.

I do not have the saddle.

It was more the hope of getting it this year since the pain is still so raw.

Sometimes there are other reasons why us collectors go for stuff. Not always but every now and again you get a story like mine and it just sucks.

7 Likes

Timeless Isle was always going to be engaged with, Blizz tied the legendary cloak to the celestial bosses in the middle, that and it was something that hadn’t really been tried yet, so of course players engaged with it, Blizz saw those engagement metrics and just repeat it, just like Mythic+, they see they can get away with just adding minimal dungeons and adding new mechanics and players praise it.

2 Likes

Arfus is adorable and all I wanted from the event, since I’ve given up on the mount because it’s just ugly at this point, and after trying for almost two decades, I simply don’t care anymore.

But I’d rather be leveling my alts that have Dilated Time Capsules right now because I just found out they’re being converted to vendor trash when 10.2 drops on 10/7. :confounded:

3 Likes

You realize that’s raid lock outs right? You do realize that?

Actually, i’m not sure what you mean, no.

Totally agree, I’ve been running it on 8 different toons every day, still no Arfus :frowning: . And You can’t even vendor this gear that drops except the weapons. All of it’s useless items that drop for most people. They should have it drop Champion 415 or higher stuff.

To all of you saying “Blizzard isn’t making you do anything”… “You don’t have to have it”… “Just be ok with not getting it”… “you don’t have to do it with all those alts”… etc…

There is always something ingame that YOU want and YOU will do your damnedest to get it. Some of us want this pet and that’s exactly what we’ll do… our damnedest to get it … because we WANT it and that’s the ONLY way we can get it.

Why should WE just give up and be happy without it just because Blizzard makes it nearly impossible to get? To come out with something like Arfus and then gate it behind ridiculously low RNG plus a level gate is extremely inconsiderate (as the OP said) of players’ time and money invested.

I want this dog. I rescue in real life. There are very few dogs in WoW and I want every freakin’ one of them. What’s the point in making something that is so rare ingame to start with even harder to get to the point that you do it every time you can to try to get it???

If I just had 1 arfus for every 25 wands, 50 sinister squashlings, 250 masks and 1,423,676 candies I’ve gotten, I’d have a whole litter. As someone said above, it’s aggravating, it causes frustration and it’s unnecessary. Especially when people are paying to have FUN.

12 Likes

Real talk, all currency should be BoA. We all have alts, Blizzard knows this. Locking currency has always been kind of dumb to me, but especially so on holiday events of all things.

5 Likes

So according to you, what items if any should be rare drops? Sounding like nothing, that everyone should be able to get everything and that nothing will be prestigious or special.

But seriously though would you want anything to be rare drop rare chance to earn, etc?

There’s always next year.

they want it now, what if they aren’t playing in a year and they never got the dog they recently found out existed and wanted instantly

3 Likes

We have more control than you think. Everything good or bad that happens in this game is our fault because we are the ones doing the content, if we just stopped participating in any content it would very quickly be removed, the fact they keep using the same model as Timeless Isle is because we keep participating in it.

Which is why I am 90% sure they are going back to a treadmill design next expansion, because even without knowing the numbers anyone who plays this game can see participation is at an all time low and they need that treadmill design back where we had content that players could keep doing.

Yes, Blizzard, can’t we just have access to all the rewards for no effort? Can’t I just log in and be showered with mounts and toys and transmogs and achievement and titles, just for logging in?

You’re being unreasonable.

3 Likes

That’s a bit dramatic. If you don’t like the grind then don’t do it. Simple as that.

3 Likes

Yeah, the level of entitlement in that post.

1 Like

It is kind of depressing to see obsession with completionism carried to the extent that adding things to the game to get is considered “disrespectful”. Its like one of those lovelorn poems about people wishing the person they desire never existed.

For many people grinding out currency and buying everything from a vendor makes it feel less like a game and more like a job. As much as people want to present “put everything on a vendor” as a perfect solution, it isn’t.

6 Likes

“It’s current year. We don’t know what respect is, but we demand it regardless of the context.”

2 Likes

Could not agree more, and they’ve said as much many times. I think this is one of the aspects of Torghast that people hated, a scheduled payout off a currency to get the item you’re looking for, it’s like making car payments where you don’t get the car until the end.