Arfus is massively disrespectful towards your players and their time

I would because he’s a dog, and there are never enough dog pets

2 Likes

chilibean is after scout now!

1 Like

This reward structure actually contributes to the issue of the declining population. But in reality it’s likely allocation of resources. They create this 0.1% drop item as a holiday reward because that means this thing they just created is now the primary reward for the next decade or so.

That’s the only reason RNG exists, is to milk the most out of the least amount they can do. The game financially cuts off its nose to spite its face.

6 Likes

I have no desire to chase this ghost pet thing but I’m rooting for you.

8 Likes

blizzard didn’t make anyone do this.

3 Likes

Orrrr you can not just spam farm it and be ok with not having the thing

I mean how many pets do ppl have these days. How long is this pet gonna be out and about

But ill concede blizz does waste player time. I was ripped at the fallen charger spawn/chance approach, but they fixed that so idk

1 Like

i dont disagree with your overall post, but how does wowhead get that data?

just anecdotally, the increased drop chance was VERY noticeable for me this year. i got the mount and so did probably 6-8 people i play with. (in past years, that number has held steady at zero.)

Wowhead data comes exclusively from people who are voluntarily running the wowhead client.

Note that the wowhead client is not a wow addon, it’s a third-party program that runs in the background of your machine and runs the wow addon ‘wowhead looter’ and periodically uploads the data to wowhead.

And if somebody is curious what else it’s doing in the meantime, well, that’s a good question.

3 Likes

I also think it’s silly that people have enough time to create alt armies to farm things but this is obviously a game design problem, the player isn’t at fault.

2 Likes

I agree. Put Arfus for 500 candy I can open up all the candy buckets from the inns plus HH boss daily and then be able to purchase. This RNG slot machine system just makes everyone mad and frustrated.

11 Likes

I can tell you right now that I don’t care for darfus and do not care if someone is willing to run a 5min dungeon 20 times a day if they want to.

Been farming for the Lick King since the event launched. I do 6 toons a day. Haven’t seen anything drop other then Candies, Penny Pouches, and Masks. : / Would be nice if you could just buy the pet like suggested. Since i have everything else. Also doing it on 6 times daily basicly uses up my WoW time for the day cause of other RL things. So that’s cool. Always next year i guess?

1 Like

Scout is easy to get only need 5,000 pet charms…

1 Like

What is ‘Arfus’ ? Is it pixels?

You don’t need to have every item. That’s all there is to say, really.

4 Likes

They had it figured out with Time Rifts, everything was on the vendor but you could also get lucky with a drop and then work towards something else, but as usual with this current Dev team, they always do something right then immediately forget it and after X amount of time they fix it to be the way it should have been. Honestly they need to all be demoted.

8 Likes

capitalism is cool because even if you don’t understand anything about guns or people who make them you can just go and buy a gun and shoot some stuff

It’s probably just different teams and people where one person has no clue what the other one’s doing. Some have arrived in the future and try to do their best to please the players. Others just stick to an old formula and that’s how this weird mix of ideas is coming to fruition.

I’m glad someone made a thread for this because I thought the same. To have not gotten it at this point is a disgusting disregard of people’s time. And feels like Blizz intentionally wants people to suffer.

5 Likes