Arfus is massively disrespectful towards your players and their time

Whatever happened to that guy anyways

Something about allegations, having to resign and disappearing

Couldn’t have happened to a sleazier guy

Apparently a lot of people haven’t been enabling the affixes.

But one fight will never be as difficult as doing the dailies, questlines and candy buckets which exist across expansions are are literally useless besides 1 achievement.

So, in your estimation it’s better to leave players feeling frustrated and hopeless because that somehow will increase their engagement with the content? My wife ran the Horseman 230 times in 2 weeks. She didn’t get the mount or Arfus. I did 6 runs and got Arfus. I felt horrible because truth be told I didn’t even want the pet, I just ran with her on all my tanks to help her get a better queue time on her healers. I couldn’t even trade it to her. She put in hours doing this over 2 weeks and has absolutely nothing to show for it. The vast majority of people would rather have a goal to work towards rather than be at the mercy of RNG. Imagine the uproar if the AOTC mount each season was RNG for your first time killing the end boss on heroic. The AOTC mount is something you work towards. It has a limited time to achieve, but it is within reach of the majority of players. Why do holiday loot drops have to be RNG dependent? Why are you against allowing them to be something you work towards within that 2 weeks?

4 Likes

Did she enable affixes…? Most of the people I know got Arfus within a few kills only doing 1-2 chars a day.

1 Like

But it’s built in two extremes, yes? So that some don’t have to do anything because they get in on their first try and some grind for years and get nothing for it? Sounds like crappy game design to me. Would be much better if everybody had to invest some kind of work and effort if they want it, but then actually have a proper chance to earn it.
You’re pretending that people in here are asking for an “easy way” like grinding candies for two hours and then be able to buy a mount. But that’s where you’re wrong.

Then they just had some luck, nothing more. Pure RNG. I did enable affixes everytime and came out with empty hands.

4 Likes

Maybe, but so many people I’ve known have gotten all their rewards already that I’m kind of convinced most people just aren’t talking to the wickerman.

Almost everybody in my circle of friends also has Ashes of A’lar. Does that mean that all those other people who have been farming for years just don’t try hard enough?

1 Like

I ran it with curses on every character this year on two different battle.nets. One account got the drake armor but no arfus. The other got arfus but no drake armor.

Additionally, you’ve just admitted that you understand RNG is involved but are choosing not to believe it due to anecdotal evidence from a couple people you know? How is your argument in any way credible at all at this point?

3 Likes

Yep. Not saying that low drop rates are a good thing for the RNG individual player, but the entire game is based on the premise of having a chance at a coveted reward. Without it, there would be no reason to have dungeons or raids, everyone gets everything on their first go around and then waits for the next cycle of giveaways.

My calendar says reset is at 10am - you can tell when reset is when it shows what time things unlock.

Yes.

Okay. If that’s your belief then every further discussion is completely pointless. If someone already can’t grasp the concept of “heavy RNG” and extremely low dropchances, it’s fruitless.

6 Likes

Yes, she enabled affixes. The affixes didn’t seem to matter in the least. Blizz said they increased your chances, but without actual numbers we have no idea what they mean by “increase”. If its a 1% drop and the affixes add an additional 0.000000000000001% to your chance that is still technically an increase. We had a guildie get 3 in succession and he ran 1 character and maybe did 5 runs over the course of the event. My wife had a 90%+ statistical chance to have seen it drop with the amount of runs she did. Of course, that number will never be 100%, but sh is not alone in being an outlier. The Pink Love rocket got a similar increase to its drop rate; however, the year over year data collected by Wowhead shows absolutely no change in the drop rate from the previous year. The Wowhead data collected has Arfus as a 1% drop. Invincible is a 4% drop. Who in the right mind would advocate that a holiday event pet should have that low of a drop rate?

So again, I ask why this isn’t something people can work towards acquiring during the event instead of wholly being at the mercy of RNG? Especially RNG that Blizzard purposefully obfuscates and uses vague terminology to describe your chances.

6 Likes

It’s not that they can’t grasp it, it’s that they choose not to. That’s how trolls operate.

5 Likes

Again, it always boils down to “i haven’t gotten rng drop, fix it”. Better luck next time. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

I wish i could post a pic of the in game calendar. It clearly says 11am EST, and reset is 11am EST. Day of the Dead starts at 10am.

h ttps://imgur.com/igMh7Ub

My loot filled pumpkin shows as being available again - reset just happened. one hour. good luck.

And my reset is at 8 am, because I’m in PST, with the Hallow’s End event still ending at 11 am. I’ve already started running characters through the dungeon, we’ll see how many I can get done in 3 hours. Luckily Day of the Dead isn’t another dungeon to queue for.

3? now im confused. I thought reset is the same for everyone, its just that time zones are different.

1 Like

It should be for people in the same region, yeah.