Arena Rating is harsh

“i’m 1100 rated and i win 1 in 10 games, its going to take me 5 weeks to get a bis pvp main piece” i fail to see what the problem is here

1 Like

That depends entirely on if you’re going from 2s to 5s. It’s more points the bigger you go. It makes a rather large difference throughout the entire length of a season

in 5v5 you get 300 points for being 1300 and 344 points for being 1500

1 Like

hmm… this is contrary to the experiences the OP was sharing.

I guess for myself and a few mates of mine, we’re still leveling , and playing casually these days…

But if it’s going to be a slog with little payoff , we’ll either stick to PvE or unsub.

It sucks enough that we start at 0 rating.

Just FYI the calculator you’re using lowballs the gains. Not much but a bit. 50 points per week adds up to another gear piece for people (if the season doesn’t get shortened). And that’s assuming some of these people get to 1300 which a lot of them don’t.

you don’t understand the system is the problem, the arena system as it currently stands benefits everyone in it, rating is inflated as hell, you don’t lose points to remade teams, if somehow you get stuck in 1100 you get way way buffed points compared to tbc

1 Like

the payoff is if you like arena, you get to do arena.

This is so insanely wrong I just have to shake my head. Overall it’s worse for low rating teams and it’s the same for high rating teams. The gear gap gets worse. Im getting good points per week but others aren’t.

ignore this dude he will ignore you because he cant handle being wrong.

you also don’t understand the system is the problem, its way better for “high” rating teams because this system inflates the hell out of MMR, rank 1 in TBC in s1 was 2250 on my bg, right now 2250 would barely even get glad, there are 2700+ teams within a month which didn’t exist in tbc ever, people who would be 1800 in the old system are over 2k.

In the original TBC system I could remake my team and I’d face 1500 people again, if i remake my team now it sets my mmr to 2000+, the original system allowed high rated players to grief the lower half of the ladder by constantly remaking and crushing 1600 teams who would lose 20 to their fresh 1500 team. No MMR at all would incite this community completely

1 Like

You’re confusing what the changes have wrought within the player base now and then with how math works. The highest rated teams are sub 2600. The points you get per week for low rated teams are worse than tbc. Also the high rated people didn’t remake teams to grief anyone. And when they remade teams the low rated people simply remade another team so more rating was pushed into the system. You are obviously confused and trying to shift talking points and reality just like the other guy. Which makes me wonder if you’re him on a different character.

Please tell me how this system inflates mmr.

The points you get per week for low rated teams are worse than tbc.

wrong

The highest rated teams are sub 2600.

Rank Rating Name Server Stats Members
1 2720 XD 396-80 83.2% Mirlól Raíku Mehhx
2 2692 Spottman x Petraxs TTV ![])Sulfuron 337-226 59.9% Petraxs Spottman
3 2640 myguy ![] Gehennas 174-47 78.7% Hydra Rívah
4 2620 SCHWITZER ![]Gehennas 174-96 64.4% Praii Ziqo
5 2611 No joke two hours sleep ![]
6 2607 RM like everyone else
7 2601 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the high rated people didn’t remake teams to grief anyone.

completely wrong, again, they even did it on private servers.

s the low rated people simply remade another team so more rating was pushed into the system

wrong, you don’t know how the rating system inflates, in the other system it barely inflates at all because MMR doesn’t exist. If I’m in a 2000 rated team and I beat a 1700 team (with 2200 mmr) I gain 20 and they lose nothing. In the old system I lose 30 and they gain 30.

Which makes me wonder if you’re him on a different character.

“two people are telling me i’m completely wrong, it must be the same person! i couldn’t be wrong!”

2 Likes

tried to tell you bro

No it’s mathematically proven and if you can’t read the difference in points you get from 1500 to 1300 or less from a calculator you’re not able to read.

This isn’t a private server with different rules and you’re pulling one team from one system from EU? Look at NA. No one in TBC griefed by reforming teams constantly to push people down. And EVEN if it did rarely happen the low rated teams just remade and bam they got more points than they do now.

And the additional points created by new teams constantly being formed? Totally not inflating it right? Couldn’t possibly. If anything it inflates worse than what you’re talking about. Also what? You do realize you don’t gain 20 and they lose nothing right? Maybe 8?

Two idiots shifting points and skewing data to fit their needs instead of thinking yes. Thanks.

its really fun to watch this guy talk out of his rear end while simultaneously patting himself on the back for how smart he is.

good luck man

Yes it’s always been a grind. Therefor it should be MORE of a grind and MORE prohibitive??

This is a STUPID change.

1 Like

indeed, i’m just going to stop engaging him, the reason he is <1300 is because he is clueless and it shows, he has absolutely zero idea how the system works, he is a lost cause. He thinks EU has a different system and that 7 teams is 1

the closer you get to your true rating the slower you will start gaining pts. if it is taking forever you have hit a wall and need to improve your skill.

hey also thinks that if you make a new team at 1500 that you just automatically get pts for 1500 rating >.>