Are you happy with the vote kicking system blizzard?

Yeah, so as I said, all of those players didn’t want you in their group anymore. You can be upset about the reason if you want, but it’s not an abuse of the system.

If you’re not okay with assuming the risk of getting kicked from a dungeon, don’t enter a dungeon with four other players.

Show of hands…who uses the group chat feature to say anything to the group when first loading into a LFD?

Both of you should be kicked but both of you should not have timer.

Because it is not an offence that is toxic. Your team proved it that they can complete the dungeon with a player who should not be there.

So what justifies the timer now in the 329 tank. She did exactly what you did. Why is she left with bad taste in the mouth ?

The answer is the group decided. That is fault here. The group is never right and good players are getting caught.

Yesterday when I joined a Dawnbreaker for the first time I told them it was my first time there, I heard it sucks, and I apologize in advance for any mistakes.

Most of the time I don’t speak right away because I don’t really have anything that needs to be said.

That’s entirely up to the people we’re grouped with, as it should be.

And that’s the risk we all assume when we enter a dungeon with other people.

there is no “reason” there, so by your own logic it’s a violation of the spirit of the votekick. Replacing reason is “because I can.” Which is a reason, but not utilizing reason.

They’re banking on people not doing it because it will “hurt themselves” but again we’re talking about the typical wow player, not a nobel laureate on social darwinism in a post-industrial technocracy.

ad populum obnoxiousness, trolling, yeah no problem there. I can kick because “LOL AT U”

and if you get enough clowns in the group, HA HA joke’s on you?

Literally a toxicity engine.

and your argument is ??? “any reason because nanny blizzard sez so”

meanwhile people INTENTIONALLY abandoning groups and playing intentionally toxic in a group are immune to votekick / deserter.

herp derp.

Sure now justify to me why the 329 needed the debuff timer ?

Clearly we have established that she was a genuine player. So why did she earn the punishment.

This only shows that the vote kicking system judges everyone with the same bat. That is not how it should work. It was given by blizzard on hope that the community would be fair. Clearly they are not.

Is the issue at hand is the debuff timer. Not the vote kicking.

If you’re getting kicked that much to the point where you’re blaming it on people doing it for no reason and only to be toxic then perhaps it is time to look in a mirror and do some good ol self-reflection.

I won’t lie, I can be quite toxic myself at times, but I still have yet to be vote kicked outside of times where I am intentionally trolling the group and they’ve had enough.

Then why do you keep complaining about vote kicking so much?

The debuff is to prevent toxic people from continuously ruining the experience for others.

If normal innocent people get caught in the crossfire, that’s unfortunate, but you can’t design a system that only punishes toxic people without punishing good people, unless you design a system that doesn’t punish the toxic people at all.

The system used to not punish the toxic people, and that was a much bigger, widespread issue than the punishment of good people is now, which is why Blizzard implemented this system to punish the toxic people in the first place.

Unless you want to have a moderator personally watch over every single dungeon that occurs, there is no way to create a perfect system. It’s not realistic.

Your proposed solution is to go back to the way it was before, when it was worse than it is now.

How do you know that? 1 of them made a pseudorandom decision because it was hiding their own incompetence. Another might not have cared. A third was “lulz”. The fourth might have clicked whatever to get it off the screen.

It wasn’t a trial, there was no evidence. There was no deep analysis of the situation or rewatching the replay to prove anything.

They weaponized votekick (especially with the limitation on how many it can happen with).

And don’t devolve this into “you can be upset” garbage, like you’re condescending to some child.

You’re playing semantic games with “what an abuse is.”

The system itself is conducive to abuse. Using the system properly is abusive except in cases where the game itself should just automate the kick.

Further compounded by a penalty to me because of the driven whim of one person that cascades to X number past that.

yawn. don’t play the major function of the game because they poorly implemented a system that they don’t have in ANY OF THEIR OTHER GAMES.

So let’s recap:

1. system good.
  2. not abuse becuz use system is good
  3. penalty good because u bad
  4. if u don’t liek don’t play dungun then

Cool insight, they should hire you but I guess you’d just agree that nothing could be improved at all. LOL.

Yawn, we’re talking about the theory. I’ve been votekicked once and I detailed how it absolutely wasn’t my fault, definitely not worthy of a kick, but the current game is set up to absolutely punish new players (which is why this is being brought up more and more) so time to fix it.

And the anecdote and again doubling down on ad populum fallacy of “the majority must be correct” is just nauseating.

In my mind it’s not some plague harming the vast majority of dungeon runners. it’s simply a garbage system that could be fixed, but it costs too much so they won’t bother.

but people defending it as good = lol

Again, if it was so good and crucial to a team driven experience then why is it the only blizzard game that has a votekick?

Because they voted to kick you out

1 Like

No, they clicked the button. You have no idea what their intent was.

If you could prove it, you’d have an argument. But you can’t, so you don’t.

Because that is first point we need to address. The vote kick is being issued on any and everyone.

The wrong person is getting caught in this and earning a debuff.

You are clearly choosing to ignore the fact that a repeat offender can earn a debuff timer. Which resets the next day.

Groups who think they can abuse the vote kick should only have 1 kick every 6 hours. This way they will really think hard to issue the kick.

A prompt popped up on their screen that said

“Do you want to kick Af from the group”

They had two options

“Yes” or “No”

Both take the same amount of time and effort to click

A majority, if not all of them, clicked the “Yes” button

It’s pretty clear they wanted you gone

1 Like

You’re just repeating yourself as though you’re becoming more and more correct instead of staying the same amount of incorrect.

I know how it works, but you can’t prove the intent of why they voted the way they did.

100% of the time that I clicked “yes” I absolutely didn’t care at all and though it was funny. I never thought “oh no, but they are a valued member of the team, such a cruel injustice.”

To state “I didn’t want them on the team” is WRONG.

IE, people can vote YES while NOT CARING.

IE, the system is flawed

You lose your right to complain.

I’ve never clicked yes because I thought it was funny.

I guess that makes me morally superior to you.

1 Like

Yes, and thank you for proving my point: not everyone is as morally good as you, so giving them this system leads to abuse. Also maybe look up what a hypothetical statement is.

I’d rather be logically superior than hide in the comfort of undefinable or personally mutable “morality”

You’re just revealing that perhaps you’re (incorrectly) assuming the system never gets abused.

SHOCKER, the argument is that people do abuse it.

They can click YES when they mean DON’T CARE.

Do you also think people voting GOOD and BAD on steam actually mean GOOD and BAD or that maybe there’s a middle ground of “ehhhh don’t care.”

But sure, defend the poor system some more? I don’t see what you lose by fixing a system to make it easier to more accurately kick people.

I’d always click “don’t care” (ooh sorry, hypothetical “I” just tryin to be helpful)

If you knew how it worked, then you wouldn’t have said this:

All you have demonstrated that the system works, but it is folks like YOU who could be at a flaw. The issue with that however is that to vote yes you ARE saying you don’t want them in the group/on your team. No matter if you do it for the sake of trolling or not, voting yes means voting that you don’t want 'em on your team.

The same thing goes for everyone else.
If you want to make an argument that folks like you shouldn’t participate in group content, because of things like you openly stating that you troll people for the fun of it… that’s a characterisation of you. Not a flaw of a system. But you have made an excellent case as to why preemptively kicking someone who openly states that they’ll happily troll the team isn’t a terrible idea; impossible to implement in a way that would be constructive since you would also get access to said system… but this is quite literally all you have done so far.

Idk im a tank and I know my bussines, i havent been kick in years from a dungeon, and at this point I dont care if the dps pull extra mobs i just tank them, if we die and they say something they I point out that " well stop pulling extra " or some crap like that, and usually we kick the dps; I can run heroics in less of 10 mins or more if the team is not that good but other than that im gucci