Are we really supposed to believe Talanji and Tyrande are cool with the oposite faction?

The war started because the Alliance couldn’t be trusted so we came up with the plan too make them lose hope and destroy them from within by killing Malfurion however the opposite happened because Saurfangs constantly changing definition of honour.

1 Like

Also that.

1 Like

Must have had some bad Taco Bell that day.

I think you mean…Taco Fel?

2 Likes

There is tenuous peace in real life, as well. In the aftermath of war or conflict, an uneasy alliance or at least cessation of hostilities, regardless of who did what is often done, simply to prevent revolt and revolution among the nations populous. You need the backing of your population to fight, if they don’t want to, you can’t. They were tired of the cost and death of it. It’s one of the reasons why Nam went so badly for the US.

For the TLDR, it doesn’t matter what the faction leaders wanted. It matters how much the common people were gonna support it. And they had enough.

‘Tyrande and Illidan, have been friends for quite a while. One day Illidan… Well, he thought he ‘saw’ Tyrande smile. They grew closer and closer, while Malf in the dream a snorin’. Malfs woke up, found them together… Oh that Illidan was sorry…'

‘So Talanji had a loathin’ for de Loa of Death, but Bwonsamdi had de hots for Talanji; so it was just a matter of time… Before his bonestorm got a liddle bit ornery.’ -clicking sound-

…Oh wait we were discussing Tyrande and Talanji.

AHEM. Yeah. They love each other I’m sure.

Wait. No no. Not love. Loathe. They loathe one another, they despise each other. They’ll curse each other’s name for ten thousand years. Oh man. …What I wouldn’t GIVE for fame like that.

Prophet Khar’zul was the one leading that group and planning to rez Lei Shen. Again that was the batch of Zandalari that remained on Pandaria millenia ago after Lei Shen got himself killed trying to conquer the titan facilities. That group was effectively stuck there once the Mists came, living in the ruins of the Throne of Thunder. Once Pandaria got dragged into the Alliance/Horde War, his group used the conflict to really kick that plan off to rez Lei Shen.

Zul was the one orchestrating the shenanigans of ZA and ZG in Cata. But how would Talanji have known he was a “bad guy” that considering neither she nor the other royals nor ruling council of the Zandalari had talked to Vol’Jin or anyone else from the Horde until BFA. Remember, Zul showed up and called the tribes together, and got support from all of them except for the Darkspear (not surprising given every other tribe that wasn’t Zandalari or Darkspear was in tatters after all of the various wars and combined Alliance and Horde confrontations in both Troll cities). That was part of Rastakhan’s plan to unite the decimated tribes under the Zandalari banner again to prevent the potential extinction of the trolls (one of the reasons we see members from all of the tribes in Dazar’alor). But even Rastakhan didn’t know Zul wanted to mess with Hakkar again. He then left Jin’do and Dakkara to their own devices so that they looked like the bad guys without incriminating himself.

Similar to what he did in BFA, working in the shadows and keeping his hands proverbially clean until it was time to take action himself. Again remember, no one knew about Zul messing with G’huun outside of the Blood Trolls he was secretly working with, until he decided to come out in the open about it and orchestrate the disabling of the Great Seal.

2 Likes

It’s possible to have a tentative peace in place even if there are parties in both sides who don’t necessarily agree with it. You can have animosity between factions without having open warfare.

1 Like

The way they portray Tyrande (and Malfurion) in the games is quite sad. In the books they are both strong and intelligent leaders who put emotions aside (98% of the time) when deciding what to do and how to do it. They have their people’s best interests as top priority, are willing to work with other races (both horde and alliance) for a common goal and they are not the xenophobic idiots the in game story writing makes them out to be.

2 Likes

Maybe they just don’t care what those 2 think?

1 Like

What kind of made up cockamamie lore is this? No there were never any “trap” Zandalari. The group that Zul lead came directly from Zandalar using their golden fleet because old Rastakhan lost control!

3 Likes

imagine caring what tyrande thinks lol

1 Like

See what is really happening right now is that Nzoth has the flu. And our reality is his fever dream.

I mean, think about this… by just looking at Aszhara, he zapped her into little mermaid Ursula.

I highly doubt we could have stood up to him and not be turned into thralls. At some point, he’s gonna wake up and we’re going to find ourselves and all the creatures/monsters of Azeroth finally free and yet utterly terrified

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Talanji, before all else, is a leader. She understands that her father became a military target by aiding the Horde. She also understands the Alliance didn’t kill her father - her father making a pact with Bwomsamdi is what killed him in the end, and doomed her as well. (There’s literally a storyline in BFA you do as Horde where she finds out her father betrayed her and sold her and all of her future descendants out to Bwomsamdi as well) In fact, I’m like 99% sure she says at one point “My father was already dead at that point” or something along those lines. It’s been a long time since I played the Horde questlines in BFA.

I have zero doubts Bwomsamdi revealed the truth to her as well, as he’s now her Loa - that Genn offered Rastakhan the chance to surrender peacefully, and he said no. Rastakhan fought the Alliance because he was at the end of his life - he was bound to a Loa of Death and his life was over - the Loa that had sustained him was dead and it had become obvious to him Bwomsamdi wasn’t going to be able to sustain him much longer - so he was going to take out as many enemies of the Horde as he could to try to secure a future for his daughter.

Did… did you miss the entirety of BFA and Shadowlands? Like, the entirety of her story in Shadowlands was how she blames Sylvanas for it, not the Horde as a whole, as she understands that the Horde were following orders and were at risk of execution themselves if they didn’t follow them, and she condemned Sylvanas to the Maw for it as the first part of her atoning for her actions. (Note, first part. And she makes it clear that it’s only the first part)

This is like asking:

“Is Jaina just supposed to forgive Aethas and the Sunreavers for supplying Garrosh and the Orcs with a mana bomb to Nuke her City?” (NOTE: Jaina only blames Aethas and the Sunreavers from my understanding, not the Horde as a whole anymore)

“Is Aethas just supposed to forgive Jaina for expelling and killing some of the Sunreavers?” (NOTE: Aethas has apparently forgiven Jaina and is trying to get Jaina to forgive him for his part in what happened to Theramore)

“Is Rokhan just supposed to forgive the Orcs for Garrosh and the Orcs for feeding the Darkspear trolls to the Proto Drakes?”

“Is Genn just supposed to be okay with peace with the Forsaken after they plague bombed Gilneas with his citizens inside of it?”

Etc.

4 Likes

Tyrande got a whole arc of storyline which gives her reasons to prefer peace.

Talanji, on the other side, is irrelevant and I don’t think we’ve known anything about her since BFA, other than random background cameos.

1 Like

I know that you’re framing it in the context of the characters perspective, but it’s still a topic I find fascinating to exore. the chapter 1 part of BfA, specifically the war of thorns / siege of lorderon, was so divisive because a lot of things ended up being removed from the world of Azeroth (basically our world) for the sake of narrative that, for me at least, any semblance of resolution or closure in this sense will continue to ring hollow until the Night Elves and Undead both can reclaim what was lost to them.

They both lost their home, the night elves in the most brutal way possible. And for the undead, they no longer have the “Dark Lady” / Banshee Queen that was so tightly ingrained into their very identity.

So it’s like, where do we go from here? Was it really worth it all in the end? I dunno. But I do know that night elves need a new tree. And I know the undead need a kingdom hanging beneath a spooky necropolis.

1 Like

The Forsaken got a new home, and a new leader. There was an entire storyline at the end of Shadowlands to establish it.

They have a Council of 5: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Desolate_Council

Dark Ranger Velonara, Lilian Voss, Master Apothecary Faranell, Deathstalker Commander Belmont, and Calia Menethil.

The Alliance helped the Horde clean up Lordaeron with the help of Marileth in Maldraxxus.

And we’re currently growing a new World Tree (It’s been referred to as one in Dragonflight), in the Emerald Dream, made from Elune’s Tear infused with Night Elf Souls.

But datamining suggests the Incarnates are going into the Emerald Dream in 10.2 - so we’ll probably lose the tree, cause the writers/devs can’t give the Alliance anything.

In the grand scheme of things this is a drop in the ocean.

Undead have had decades worth of “YASS QUEEN” and the council ammonts to but a blink of an eye on comparison.

We need more. More council, more building, let’s go back to Lorderon and put an auction house with a portal room barber shop and an inkeeper in walking distance of each other.

Not gonna lie, im probably gonna call it quits then.

This is just complaining about something new for being new. It’s like saying Unified Germany is just a drop in the bucket compared to East and West Germany a week after the wall came down.

BTW, with Arthas dead, Calia would have been next in line for the Lorderon throne. So if we really need a new Undead Queen of the Forsaken some day, we’ve got one that’s literally a Queen, and actually understands Eastern Kingdom politics.

I don’t think that.

I’m willing to give the story a chance. I did enjoy seeing the cutscene where Calia confronts Voss one on one. I want to see more than that.

What im afraid of, say, is the usual Blizzard way where the actual sword sticking out of the dang world isn’t mentioned at all because it’s not entirely relevant to the theme of the current expansion, so you’re left with a growing collection of half written stories never really resolving in any meaningful capacity.

I prefer the council in this case. I was drawn to the undead specifically because they rejected light blessed princes and princesses opting for a more … almost anarchic society that are unified in their being rejected by all that life stuff what with their living relatives seeing them as monsters and all.

I don’t think Calia should be the queen.