Are we really doing Cata trees again?

so at max you have 2 specs and omg we have dual spec…seems to me like you’re right and we’re back to set it and forget it…

Not avoiding criticism here.

I was reading through this thread while replying to everything you have said.

Ok but my build for demo lock has been pretty much the same for almost the entire expansion and I have been able to get by just fine for raiding.

Like this is my build for raiding currently, is there something you want me to change? like I said, I have been with this build since pretty this expansion has started and I have been getting around just fine as is.

Never really left tbh.

Every spec just kinda falls into place in what talents you should pick.

“Hey I know some people do things to improve their gameplay but I don’t and I’m just fine therefore people shouldn’t have the option to improve their gameplay”

Your argument in a nutshell lmao

Hence the string of qualifications; a 0.0001% chance is still a positive chance.

…MMOs are a genre designed to be impossible to complete; unless you’ve got every single achievement in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath, you haven’t either.

I think this is where the concept of “not even wrong” generally comes up.

Fixed that for you.

C+ response

Uninspired Lacks critical thinking skills

See me after class

Like I said, I have been doing just fine, why can’t you just comprehend that?

Also this isn’t retail where you can adjust talents on the fly, if it was like that then I would drop some talents in favor for some that affect my throughput or in Destro drop Shadowfury for fights that is not needed but I cant do it here in classic, I would be wasting my raids time by going to a trainer every single situation that crosses my path.

I have nothing against people that do it btw, if they want to run to a trainer for every situation thats up to them but for me I try to settle for a spot that I dont have to swap for almost every situation, my ret paladin despite it being in raid build can still hold out on aoe damage pretty well.

However, to play devil’s advocate, Skyrim is a game that is popular due to its modding community which, to his point, is to cater to the individual. See? Kinda cool to think about. I don’t know if that means he’s right but that’s kinda cool.

1 Like

It def means I’m right another free uzi slam dunk

God I love watching the restarted have complete mental breakdowns on the forums.

All because you spend 2 talent points for 5% crit intead of 5 points.

Astounding.

Blue parser detected. Opinion rejected.

3 Likes

Odd I could of sworn I was using a different specs for different bosses, an example if you like was FOK spec for Yogg 0, people min maxing talents is a thing for some prog guilds/raiders.

They weren’t quiet? they literally did interviews about it.

This is not true in PvP what so ever, and it pisses me off you people who can’t think for yourselves just spout this nonsense.

While this might have been a thing for the hardcore guilds doing speed runs I doubt it was common among the casual guilds. Do you really think the majority of players did that? I hated playing a disc priest so I was always holy even when the hardcore guilds wouldn’t take a holy priest and demanded disc. I still had no trouble finding a casual guild that was happy to have me.

I would say you finding a guild that doesn’t care is more of a niche pick than the fact that majority of the higher up on the spectrum would ask you to play optimal picks.

I understand what you’re saying and your experience, but the reality is and this is from someone who used to recruit and run guilds at casual to top end level, I still picked people who optimized, even asked them to reserve their dual spec switch for certain bosses.

I think your experience is colored by the choices you made. Of course if you demanded that all your experiences would be of guilds that you demanded that sort of extreme min/maxing. I enjoyed doing dungeons and did them long after I was raid geared. Players in dungeons would regularly try to recruit me into their guild knowing I was holy specced. If it was so niche I wouldn’t have been recruited so often. I think you hardcore players just don’t realize how the vast majority of casual players play the game. It’s just about fun for us, not about seeing how fast we can finish the raid. We’d eff up speed runs just from the bs on discord between bosses, because we don’t care how fast we’re going.

If you think it’s such a niche pick how do you explain that most of the people in this thread are laughing at the idea that most players would change specs so often.

Look, cookie cutter specs exist and that’s what people usually pick, I’m simply playing devil’s advocate, because both sides have merit.

That’s all I’m saying. I have no problem with hard core guilds or extreme min/maxing or people trying to get server firsts or best times to completion. If that’s how they have fun with the game go for it. I just don’t think the majority of players play that way.

I think a lot of players want the option, and that’s what eventually created MOP talent trees.

I’m all in favor of having the option. I wasn’t happy with the cata talent trees. Maybe you missed my post above.

1 Like

That’s fair, my stance is its not too big of a deal, but I want blizzard to give options regardless, #somechanges.

1 Like