Are We Fine With the Idea of Legacy Flying Being Removed in Future Content?

Why can’t we have both?

6 Likes

I have no problem with Dragon riding at all but they should keep regular flying also.

2 Likes

No, right now everyone is mad in game about alchemy being turned off.

They turned off alchemy? :rofl: I’m guessing someone found another exploit.

You’re joking…

Too many people collected mounts, even paying real world cash for them. To remove them seems like a waste. Still, if there’s no PF achievement and they enable regular flying at some point I’d say it’s an improved system to a long achievement that doesn’t unlock flying until later or shorter achievements in each zone.

Tell that to people complaining about it then, lol. :woozy_face:

Given people are actually having medical issues with dragon riding then no, we shouldn’t be fine with it. I prefer dragon riding and I will throw a huge baby tantrum on here if it is taken away next expansion, but the old flying needs to be available to those who need it at some point.

3 Likes

They coded new physics based mechanics, added new model rigging and animations, as well as included a plethora of customisation options for your dragon (with more still yet to come). It’s also a big success as the majority are enjoying this new feature.

Dragonriding won’t be going anywhere after DF.

3 Likes

Hopefully not, I am bad at throwing tantrums, lol.

I don’t see why we can’t just have both normal flying and dragon gliding at the same time…

there are those who enjoy dragon gliding and there are those who don’t…

Nice that some people enjoy it, but would be even better for everyone to have the method of transportation that they prefer.

3 Likes

How about this: All mounts capable of Dragonriding AND also capable of regular flying. Using WASD for normal flying, but still having buttons for DR. So you’d be able to go from hyperspeed to hover without changing mounts.

In reality, active flying, like Dragonriding, is the best way to fight bots. That’s probably why DR can’t turn on a dime. By the time the bot detected a node, they’d be past it and be outside their detection radius. Regular flying lent itself extremely well for bot farming since it wasn’t so fast and the program could stop immediately upon detection.

In my opinion, they’re probably going to make DR permanent and usable in all zones with all flying mounts in the future.

That’s what was being posted in trade. I’m an enchanter so I can’t check it.

Any idea what happened with Alchemy? My main has always been Alchemy/Herb.

They already said this is a done deal. All flying in old expacs/zones will be replaced with DF and all future expacs only DF. Period, the end.

Nothing to cry over.

1 Like

Why do you keep posting false things?

Please no veiled threats.

1 Like

I would be fine with flight going forward being based upon dragon riding. But they have some issue they need to address with people who have medical issues that make it very difficult to use.

Not really. There are just a few skeletons used for mounts. Just do it for each skeleton then copy paste to all mounts. Only mounts that make sense will maintain the old flying. Helicopter, carpet, disk, those types of mounts.

1 Like

Dragonriding is better than vanilla flying. Both should be permanently enabled in all content.

1 Like