Are We Fine With the Idea of Legacy Flying Being Removed in Future Content?

ahh the best kind of theory crafting. Impossible outcomes.

1 Like

There is room for both.

Dragon riding flying thing is amazing and interactive, and should definetly be an element in the game, its a cross between ground and flying mount, and a good compromise

1 Like

i absolutely loved the change over to ground mount to really engage myself with the content and the enviroment, have my rogue a 1 up to my other chars Haha, but yeah wod did fine with that part and questing in general…
As much as a releaf flying is… The current content shouldn’t be glossed over imo

1 Like

Laughs in engi mount.

1 Like

Y’all complain to much. I been playing since before warcraft became the game you see so before 2004 I like dragon isles it’s comfortable and great scenic value. I enjoy Warcraft a lot shadowlands was depressing all dark and evil. With living in sin and getting the jailers mark AKA the mark of the beast have satanist took over was my thought. And tea parties and theater… really it’s world of Warcraft folks. But anyways I do miss my over 250 mounts but I do like the dragon riding it’s fun and I go from plant to plant mine to mine go open all your glyphs up. I got tons of flying energy and top flight skill already. I honestly do like and enjoy Dragon island good job blizz. Oh turn off every sound but ambience. It’s very pleasant. If you want to go AFK in flight take a damn flight path I do.

I’ve seen zero indication that “legacy flying” is being removed in future content.

This thread is just to start a forum riot.

6 Likes

I agree with all of your points but i feel like as the expansion goes with each new patch they will expand the talent tree, we will get the option to hover and normal flying with our drakes eventually

So i personally LOVE dragonriding, and i myself have not had the frequently mentioned issue with short term travel and gathering - in fact its allowed me to more quickly hit the higher teir nodes and just have some gameplay fun in between.
If both forms exist at the same time afk hovering will be my only use for legacy - but that is still a use and an infinitely conveniant one at that.
I hope that be bring dragonriding to old zones and carry it forward with bew content. I hope that they enable for more than just dragons. I hope they create a simple toggle to switch between it and legacy because there is literally no reason they can’t exist together. I love dragonriding, and i think that anyone complaining about it for reasons other than medical have to step back and try looking at it as gameplay instead of only travel. I genuinely feel for anyone unable to participate for the motion sickness aspect or other medical reasons because i feel they are really missing out for reasons beyond their control.

That said, the hill i will die on is that legacy flying SHOULD NOT get a speed increase to match dragonriding. I believe using the more interactive system where you have the potential to screw up should yield the speed increase.

So in closing, have both, because there is really no reason not to.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with Legacy Flying leaving tbh. I always felt swim flying took away from the game anyways.

I honestly don’t personally care if regular flying dies, I love dragonriding, It’s fun, It’s engaging and it’s quite speedy to go with it, I also have no issues performing precision landings and instead of just hovering i will go as slow as possible in a circle and look down to see what i’m after.

That’s rich coming from you, as I’m not the one trolling the forums telling everyone how to play and that choices are bad because I say so. Go spend more time on your low-rent mini-game and stop acting like a self-appointed dictator.

1 Like

Also it seems you need to learn reading comprehension.

I don’t agree with your takes, and I counter it by stating what Blizzard has said in the past, and why i feel the way I do.

You are upset because I bring up good points that is hard to counter. I will enjoy my mini game, and hope reddit and twitter keeps pushing developers to get rid of legacy. :slight_smile:

thats not a bad idea, the current tree can branch out so that in exchange for speed you could get way more vigor. this would be ideal for people who are just starting out herbing/mining since they have to dismount lots, and would help lots of people who have motion sickness to actually use dragon riding

1 Like

I’ll admit that Dragonriding is fun, but I also love the regular flying mounts. If regular flying is removed then this will cause a lot of upset for a lot of players. I myself won’t be a happy bunny either if regular flying is removed from the game. Let’s hope that such a hasty decision is not made. I look forward to seeing regular flying being made available at some point in the game, well, I hope it is going to be an option…

2 Likes

Ngl, if they removed flying altogether, Id be… I guess okay with it, in some ways i would and other ways i wouldnt, it would certainly make wpvp A LOT better, and the game would definitely feel more alive. Downside is if you want to afk, youd have to do so in a safe area to avoid getting popped by another player lol which im actually all for. You would just have to use flight masters to get to certain places. I know some people would absolutely hate the legacy flying being removed but i honestly wouldnt care either way, its not like i already take ground mounted trips through zones sometimes where you can fly just for the hell of it. I lvled in DF that way, I only used dragonflying in my first lvl playthrough in quests where it was required as part of the quest, otherwise i just ground mounted through my first lvl 60-70. Im old school what can i say, i appreciate the old ways

Dragon riding was cool, for the first couple of days. It’s just something I need to micromanage now while flying around, which is honestly getting annoying.

2 Likes

So we should just throw away the people who cant do it? Put them in a confined space and end it for them because they cannot meet your expectations of being capable at something?

Is that what your saying? Cause we got a word for that kind of mind set…

3 Likes

Sounds good to me. We still talking about a video game right?

ESRB notice: game experience may change during online play