Are We Fine With the Idea of Legacy Flying Being Removed in Future Content?

i definitely want to see dragonriding continue into the future of wow but old flying being removed would be a bad move on blizzard’s part. they need to figure out more ways to help people who experience motion sickness of have physical imparements that make it hard or impossible to dragonfly.

The only point I agree with is the hover bit. It’s superior for all of the other options you listed, as being in motion is better for efficient scouting of nodes. Likewise, you CAN be pinpoint accurate with dragon riding with minimal effort.

For me, I would be fine to axe old flying as-is. If dragon riding gained a hover ability, even if it had a point drain, I’d be all in

You’re already on the losing end of things because it doesn’t make logical sense for all mounts to work this way.

Gyrocopters, for instance, are built with hovering specifically in mind. Other magical means of hovering would make no sense if they were suddenly compelled to maintain a minimum speed.

Plus, dragonriding sucks massively for tight or extremely vertical areas, while that’s the premier environment for TBC Flight.

1 Like

I want either both or just legacy flying.

4 Likes

Legacy flying is horrendous.
I hope it doesn’t come back in the future, and if it does, it’s after the expansion is over, and remains as slow as it is.

Yea but since next expansion will be something other than dragon themed why would it be the option going forward?
You gonna learn dragon riding all over again next expansion?

just let people chose wich flying system want to use and everyone will be happy. and if dragonriding no works in next expansion i probably will quit :c

1 Like

Both systems can probably coexist. Dragonriding for hig speed, legacy flying for precision. Accessibility re: motion sickness is a big factor Blizzard ought to consider long term. But it would be really nice if they enabled Dragonriding for legacy mounts when the rig allows it, and allowed it in all previous zones where legacy flying is enabled.

1 Like

No, I am not fine with Blizzard removing existing flying.

3 Likes

Only hummingbirds and dragonflies can hover in place. All other flying creatures on Earth have to create momentum forward to fly. Old flying is absurd when you really think about it scientifically. That being said, they made it that way and it shouldn’t be removed. Let those that get Pathfinder in 10.2 get old flying while I go 800% or whatever faster with my dragons, win-win.

Lookit this guy who’s never heard of a gyrocopter or any of the magical mounts we currently have access to.

4 Likes

Sure keep both, BUT add Dragon flying to old zones and make sure I can dragon swirl dismount the afk mount babies.

It really depends on whether it would break old content.

Are you serious right now… Everything in WoW is absurd when you think about it scientifically.

5 Likes

I’m of the thought that regular flying did play a part in ruining the world aspect of the game, so I’m completely on board with it being removed.

I am guessing that LOTS of us here remember the less-than-great xpac known as WoD. And they announced the removal of true flying going forward. That went over like the New Yardbirds. What is next? Declaring that our real names will be used on forums?

Why do people use wod as a example to keep old flying? Old flying was the only option, and that is why players wanted to keep it.

Now that we got a new option. We don’t need legacy flying, and the select few people who can’t do dragon flying. Is a small price to pay for moving forward.

Yowza, okay there Andrew Ryan, slow down before we toss away the chaff. Players that have trouble dragonriding for various reasons should still get to play in the sky too.

2 Likes

Not really no, this is a service game, sometimes a service moves on from something that players either like or something, but do it anyway because it is better for the rest of the consumers.

Not everything should be design for everyone. That is not how life works.

Uh… Hooboy. You are literally arguing for players that can’t handle an advanced mechanic to be cut from the game when we already have a superior solution in place, executed, and just in need of porting to the new area. That’s not a great look there, boss.

1 Like