Are we almost done with DF?

That’s the best source for all MMO numbers and widely used by all industry experts.

Can’t tell you much more if this doesn’t convince you

I always wondered what percentage of players actually care about WoW lore and follow the story.

I also wonder how many actually read the quest text.

Me? I don’t care about the lore and skip through the quest text. I’m more of a player that likes to create my own lore and feel like I’m part of a world that’s larger than me.

WoW offers non of that. Everything is themepark content forced down our throats whether we want to participate in the story or not.

Do you have a link for those stats?

They make more from this than from subs. That’s how larger numbers work.

It said Activision’s engagement is lower across all properties, actually. WoW, specifically, they said is retaining subs better than past expansions.

Literally never heard of it, and again the article itself says that the number is made up by Reddit.

You’re really bad at this champ :rofl:

2 Likes

Can you link that?

Yeah, ggrecon, posted it a bit higher in the thread.

Their earning call, not sure but it’s the first quarter 2023 one. The second quarter should be coming in a few weeks, I listen to all their earning calls :joy:

Im getting more into DF, but Legion rules them all.

Id they didn’t delay Shadowlands launch to 2021 when we were in the pandemic, they aren’t going to miss a second half 2024 launch window for 11.0. They only delayed tbc because the infrastructure didn’t exist to fix the game post launch to support a winter 2006 release. And that was the only expansion that has ever launched in the first half of the year.

News to everyone, expect an expansion announcement at blizzcon 2023 and more details about launch times and prepatch dates between March/April to August 2024. Which is when closed betas and later builds should be popping up for 11.0.

Huh? Seriously? SL wasnt as bad as most made it out to be but clearly DF is 100% better.

I doubt they make that much of tokens. When your getting gametime with them . They probably break even at best.

I’m referring to them making $20 vs. making $15.

20 > 15

Dude it was bad. Seeing purposely withheld QoL fixes that were piecemealed out later on after metrics were met or to stimulate gameplay was so annoying.

Like in the beta we told them of the annoyance of conduit upgrading via that ve’nari item. It would upgrade any of your entire classes conduits at random. Then later on they changed it in 9.1 on the reset when horde hall of fame closed to upgrade only the conduits that your spec could use. Same thing for accountwide torghast layers. Why did we have to run each floor for each character up to the max level, when later on they changed it to just unlock layers done on main to be available to run for alts.

Why do we have dragonscale expedition research tree account wide in DF but they could not bother to make the box of many things account-wide for torghast? Would have been fun to run alts in there.

Why the song and dance to make the zereth mortis tech tree on alts have 5 second research time (and still cost cyphers) when they could have just given the maxed out tree once our main’s did it?

Why the account-wide cosmetic unlocks in dragonflight but in shadowlands if you wanted those you had to do the covenant feature for that covenant 4 times over for all armor types.

Why the stalling on giving refunds of currency when scrapping legendaries? Why no ability to farm to soul ash to current progress cap if you started an alt late?

Why no covenant swapping without restrictions until a year later?

It was actually tiresome dude.

Are you able to link that? And does it also come with their costs so we can analyze whether or not this is a true profit or loss?

No. Based on the timeline they gave us, we are not even halfway through the xpac yet.

By the calendar, we’ve got three months and change to the halfway point.

By content, if we get a 10.3, we’re about a month or so from halfway.

I hope they change it. The characters are morally grey and have no real ambitions as to do why they do. This is why I tend to skip the cutscenes and cinematics. Like, “Where’s the excitement?” “Where’s the fun in that?” “Where’s the goal in what’s being done?” “Who’s going to be affected the most?” All questions get ignored and so far this expansion has been mind-boggling and mediocore at best. Warcraft lost it’s charm when SL ended with the more direct approach at the start and end of Zereth Mortis. DF gives off the same vibes.

I hope so. DF is pretty lackluster

1 Like

I hope not. Enjoying DF.

3 Likes