Are Void Elves really High Elves?

That’s because I am the High Elf.

Yep and even be Sin’Dorei.

Hence my character and other Blood Elves who can have Blue or Purple (Like the Mage Elf in WC3 pre-reforged).

False, all Blood Elves are High Elves. Now if you are saying some elves (Thalassians) chose to align with a new Alliance, that’s a different matter and pure political.

They never gave up the term Quel’Dorei, rather they took up Sin’Dorei in remembrance of the fallen (The great amount of fallen). Quel’Dorei belongs to 3 camps actually if you want to get in to it. The Sin’Dorei do not deny their history as the Highborne or being High Elf. They never have not been the High Elves. They are still the classic lithe Blond Haired, refined, magic centered, classic High Elf fantasy.

You mean pledge allegiance to Quel’Thalas? The High Home of the Thalassians? Yes, makes perfect sense to me.

2 Likes

Or, using Occom’s razor, Kalecgos was able to use magic to “see” what a half-elf would look like.

Too early to tell giving that War Within hasn’t been released yet. So Who Knows.

chris literally said the synopsis of midnight and last titan

It’s a “rebrand”. If you want to have actual High Elves, or be one, you need to have an Alliance Void Elf-character with High Elf customization these days.

And the source for this:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_of_the_Highborne
5 Likes

No, Blood Elves ARE High Elves.

Just because the Colonies became the USofA doesn’t mean they are not the colonies of England.

You issue remains, you want Alliance Blood Elves. You have Void Elves, move on.

4 Likes

True - but canonically you are not a High Elf anymore. You forego the old ways and it has been shown to the players several times that you are no Quel’dorei anymore. You should have thought about this sooner anyway, because you can’t use even a Quel’dorei mount, which is Alliance-exclusive and should have told you everything what there is need to know.

If you want to play a High Elf these days, then you can do this only by using the subrace features from the Void Elves. It’s sad state of affair but that’s the closest both playable elf-races will ever get at the moment.

4 Likes

What old ways?

You mean like the High-Res version I have with Sundancer?

I am playing a High Elf, I am aligned with Quel’Thalas. I just refer to myself as Sin’Dorei. I have not somehow mutated like the Ren’Dorei. I am still Thalassian.

2 Likes

Does the text reflects this? No. It’s still a Shadowlands-mount. But you are free to RP as one.

Typical subrace-issues, as other playable races have them too in the Alliance (Wildhammer). This negates your post pretty much completely as well.

And I shall repeat myself: Canon-wise you are no High Elf anymore. If you want to experience a Quel’dorei-like setting and features, you need to play as a Void Elf and RP around the Hinterlands and/or Dalaran.

3 Likes

What an absolutist, the world must be very scary to you.

The unicorn mounts are clearly re-imaged from that concept.

No, canon wise, I don’t REFER to myself as High Elf. I am still a High Elf.

The Quel’dorei like settings and Features are found in Quel’Thalas. The Eagle, Farstriders, etc.

You clearly are delusional. They can RP as a former High Elf themselves, but they are mutated to Ren’Dorei. Much different than I, I never mutated. I consider them Thalassian though.

So Black, Asians, Europeans, are all sub-races? Hmmm… who else talked like that?

3 Likes

They are and they aren’t :thinking:. They aren’t because they have chosen a new path, which has led them to distance themselves from the traditions of the High Elves. I think we will see some development of them in the next expansion.

What traditions?

A lot of people keep making this claim, without substantiating it.

2 Likes

The redder the Blood Elf’s Skin the less High Elf they are.

For Void Elves it is the bluer their Skin the less High/Blood Elf they are.

High Elves must be the most Pale as they are between the two groups with the likely coming High Elf Allied-Race having Arcane flowing out of their Bodies.

1 Like

Is this really all you can muster up in a discussion, when you’re out of options? What a childish and immature response. You really do not deserve any further attention.

2 Likes

I’m pointing out the insanity you are proposing.

You have not rebutted anything I have said, so I am quite happy with you admitting what you presented as disproven.

3 Likes

Why did Blizzard even bother making Void Elves Blood Elves that just suddenly swapped sides?

They could have just said “Heres the High Elf Race that’s been apart of the alliance since the RTS games but is only now playable” And cut off so much of the confusion.

Was it some Asinine way to stop High Elf paladins so majority of the Horde didn’t faction jump?

1 Like

There was a rumor to help prop up the Horde side population but also, considering the events of WC3, it makes sense Quel’Thalas would be weary to align with the New Alliance.

1 Like

If you continue reading, I addressed that as I had also quoted another thing within the same comment you replied to –

No. They are not High Elves. That is just retcon saying that they are. Blood Elves are the High Elves. They changed their name to Blood Elf after their place was destroyed.

Blood Elves are High Elves with a different name. But as soon as they got the fel removed and then replaced, they became High Elves again and they got their golden eyes, then they had it fixed once more and got their blue eyes back.

True High Elves are Alliance though.

Undead is not a “race” and I would need your definition of it rather than an allusion to some different definition assumed we all know.

1 Like