Are raids addons too powerfull for Classic?

This is a far better response than I could possibly compose.

Well done. So very well done. o7

2 Likes

Seeing how people who use DBM say raids are easy, I will say yes it is probably too powerful that it makes people who handicap the game for them too easy.

People don’t want to use their brains that is why we get so many tools to make games easier. Probably makes life easier on those who need a rest from using their brains too much at work.

2 Likes

I have read your comments here…

There is one of them that makes me guess you are a hypocrite and just like starting drama. You mentioned that you had installed a add-on and used it yet later on you call everyone who uses them cheaters.
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t that make you also a “cheater”?

2 Likes

Melee has to run in and out too. People forget skill too. If your healers suck then you won’t get far. It may be simpler for a lot of us today but theres a ton if people who have no idea what they are doing come classic. It’s inexperience even with addons that will slow progression in the non hardcore guilds. Not everyone is going in there and clearing it in a day no matter what they think of themselves.

Did raid addons and threat addons not exist in vanila?

It seems like what people are really asking for is a return to a time when addons weren’t such common knowledge that everyone uses them, but Blizzard can’t remove knowledge from the playerbase.

Everyone that raided beyond MC usually had addons.

We had to have an addon just to have raid frames as the original UI was utterly useless for out of party healing.

2 Likes

UI addons are fine

I’m reffering to assisting addons who are just telling you what (and when) to do the whole fight.
The content will be easy enought to raid fairly without those powerfull addons.

UI. It stands for “user interface.”

1 Like

But those addons existed in Vanilla and were subsequently closed off in the API in following expansions due to how powerful they were.

If you have a PC with 2GB of RAM and a video card from 1999, is it cheating to use a brand new PC with 64GB of RAM and the latest video card?

No. Its the fault of the “naked” player for not realising that its well within the rules put forward by Blizzard that Addons are available.

Being an ignorant player is not what Blizzard or the playerbase wants. Nobody should have to force every player down to the lowest common denominator.

3 Likes

you say, posting on a web-connected device from the comfort of your home/job/school that more than likely has wifi, air conditioning and access to food and clean water.

Ironically, the same players who complained about how whiny the WoW community has become… (which now includes myself, I suppose)

Seriously, Blizzard pulled the metaphorical rabbit out of its hat and found a way to give us back vanilla WoW, and YET still people complain about this or that. It’s never going to be perfect or exactly like you remember - that’s life. Huge kudos to Omegall for attempting to explain that as well as why.

2 Likes

Takes one to know one. How could I criticize what addon’s did if I have never used them myself and didnt know what they were capable of doing?

Which ones do you refer to? I personally don’t plan to use a raid addon, as it’s not really needed, but the other addons I absolutely plan to use.

Honesly the only ones I consider cheating are ones that give information about other player’s in pvp they wouldn’t necessarily know without using their own brain.

Its the addon’s that give players competitive advantages in pvp, that Im actually concerned about. Sure you can stretch and say PvE addons give advantages in pvp by letting people clear raids easier and getting gear.

But im starting to think the line should be drawn with addons giving information about other players that should be restricted.

Thats kind of the whole point. There isn’t this concept of “Just dont use it” or “If its fun for you to not use it” if you don’t use them you are literally restricting yourself. There is no actual reward for doing it properly because addons made so many things redundant about raiding.

For anyone who’s concerned that addons will ruin the Classic experience, it’s really quite simple… don’t use any addons.

DBM existed in Vanilla /thread

DBM specifically didn’t. but raid helpers did. hell decursive AUTOMATED actions in a raid in classic. but no one wants to bring that up. try doing something like that with 8.x api :smiley: . People cherry pick their memories of vanilla and disagree with anything that doesn’t fit their narrative of how it was.

3 Likes

I promise you that about half the game will be stuck on specific bosses, addons or not.

Not everyone is a pserver veteran that has done this stuff for the past 10 years. If we have a successful game made up of retail players, pserver players and newbs there will be several sticking points.

The addons don’t play the game for you. You can still get tail whipped into the whelp cave for being in the wrong place. You can still take the fire knockback from Ragnaros. You can still fail by just a fraction of a % on Vael.

It would certainly be more challenging in spots, we can agree there. The idea that removing addons from the game somehow improves it though, is not something we are going to agree on.