Are raids addons too powerfull for Classic?

Yea, those fights needed addons, and some beyond that required weak auras. If you weren’t using weak auras and wiped the raid you’re going to get kicked. So I’m gonna go ahead and call your bluff.

Again, just because one addon is tailored how they like it does not mean there are not other addons that can do that same functionality.

Even if that was really a problem, a blanket ban on all addons won’t fix anything.

3rd party apps would replace the addons. Then, only the ones willing to hide the usage from Blizzard would be using them.

We didn’t run into problems until Il’gynoth thats when we tried to maximaze dps. There was alot of frustration and pruning at that point. I got called out because It showed I didn’t show up on some of the raid leaders addon. So it was ether intall. I definitely cleared bosses in mythic EN without addons. I mean come on mythic EN was easy anyways.

Right, it was certainly the easiest of the tiers in legion mechanics wise… which is why I’m confused as to why you’re saying addons are cheating, yet you used addons yourself in such easy content…

To be fair, we had decent add ons back then too. Just that people didn’t use them widely. I had a macro +CT add on that let me heal the lowest HP raid unit with one button. And it had an ignore list. Great for trash :slight_smile:

because I would prefer not being forced to install 3rd party programs to be compete in end game content.

2 Likes

You can play the game without installing them, and largely won’t need them for the majority of Classic raiding. There are some things where an addon can make a logistics nightmare far more manageable, which is very important, but this isn’t modern WoW. We all know the fights, and the fights aren’t designed with addons in mind.

I know I wouldn’t like to play without a swing/shot timer. It makes it far, far smoother for melee and hunters.

1 Like

You can but if you are competing against other players its like your racing in a paddle boat and they motor boat.

What do you feel you need addons for in Classic, other than for the most part addons that smooth the gameplay or add a feature that is missing?

I don’t feel I need any addons. But players who are using addons that show them your CD timers, range indicators and what not are playing with an advantage over me because they have an addon.

2 Likes

So nobody should use add ons, right?

No im just saying your a cheater if you choose2 use them. Guess what some people dont care. But if your a good person then I want u 2 know ur a dirty cheater for using them. sorry legal cheater.

2 Likes

Wait, wut? DBM is cheating? Let’s play hardcore mode then. Press Alt+Z and raid.

2 Likes

yeah if you use DBM your a cheater.

1 Like

Report me please

lets get it right, your a legal cheater.

1 Like

If you don’t play with a trackball and keyboard turn, you’re a cheater

3 Likes

I actually dont use a mouse, I roll my face around on my keyboard.

If you don’t want addons, you don’t want addons. Others do want to use them - and that’s their choice. Were I to play a class that needed to know their uptime on buffs/debuffs, not having addons is a pain because you can’t even see the duration on a debuff on a target. For something like a shadow priest, who needs to keep a debuff up, or a warlock who needs to do the same, not having them is not a good thing. It just makes the game more clunky.

If you feel at a disadvantage because you don’t want to use addons, whatever.

If it were cheating, Blizzard wouldn’t allow it. Or promote it - and they do. Just because you can’t figure out how to install an addon doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed.

1 Like

What do you mean? blizz cares about making money. They allow it and promote it because their player base wants to use them. I’m just saying addons give players an unfair advantage therfore its cheating. Blizz is actively promoting and encouraging cheating in their game.