Are people really impersonating others on the forums?

I get the sense you don’t know what impersonation means.

1 Like

This is just another reason why we need to convert forums to use BattleTags, like in every other Blizzard game-forum.

BattleTags displays zero personal information and is not RealID.

5 Likes

had to start posting on an alt, as someone/a group of someones was following me around mass reporting everything i posted, regardless of what it was.

yeah, these forums are wild.

2 Likes

But… but… But how will we mock players for posting on low-level characters? How will call them out for not posting on their mains? And we’ll have to stop dogpiling players posting in class forums from the wrong class!

/end sarcasm

It’ll also eliminate ‘untraceable’ Classic alts. If there’s a downside to switching to Battletag avatars, I don’t see it.

3 Likes

No… this is definitely not happening!!

Grumbles the Dwarf sets out a delightful tray of stale cookies for all to enjoy

:cookie:

2 Likes

We specifically asked to continue using characters to post when they swapped to the new system. I think the Btag just needs to be next to or under our names. But posting on our characters shouldn’t be taken away.

7 Likes

Don’t feel sympathy for Zandrae. He’s a known sock-puppet, I had a list of like 40 alts. Just yesterday he mass reported like 5 of my posts for calling him on things. Pretty sure he’s on a forum vacation right now.

I agree as long as everything can be traced back to one “account” with no classic alt hiding.

3 Likes

T-Squad still running rampant for years and no one cares. He’s literally spamming Classic forums too. Like Blizz, hello? Ban him?

6 Likes

We tried the “just ignore them and they go away” method for awhile

Didn’t work so now we’re just stuck with some people

6 Likes

Btags would be the better ID method but it isn’t worth losing sleep over. If I had a bigger wish for these forums, it would be an unmoderated (short of illegal content) area.

They need to let everyone just pick a character and lock it or something. We are having issues with trolls running lose for years like T and Co or
completing ignoring someone’s opinion based on their pfp. It’s getting so old.

That said, this is part of why I’m not posting on my main because nonsense like this lmao.
I ain’t trying to be harassed to death.

3 Likes

Yeah, if showing your Battle Tag (+ Character because I certainly would still like the ability to post on different characters) is just too contentious, then let us choose a “forum main” that’s associate with posts with any characters on our accounts. Then, they shouldn’t allow changing of that “main” except very rarely. Here’s an example I posted in another thread of something like I’m thinking:

They could stick the “forum main” character’s name, server, and a mini avatar somewhere after our post count like this—or below the current text…or, maybe better, move the currently-posting character’s level/race/class/achievement-points to the top line and put the “main forum character” info on the second.

6 Likes

Nah , If everyone wants to be a warrior that is a good thing :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not getting into extended arguments with people I don’t know, who aren’t going to change their minds anyway is how I stay sane around here. I don’t want to be one of those people surrounded by drama with a full ignore list.

3 Likes

That level of drama, I’m not interested in.
Don’t look at the names!

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like

da heck is up with the map names

1 Like

You’d be surprised by what some people will do just for s#$%& 'n giggles. Pretty sad…

1 Like

6 Likes