Are people really impersonating others on the forums?

Y’all need to go make some coffee or tea, take a hot shower and relax.

If someone is awful don’t feed them. Don’t listen to me bc I feed them sometimes and rarely get upset - but it’s cute when they think I am :upside_down_face:

The “better” part is the it stops people from sock-puppeting because all posts would be linked to one battletag. It will hold people more accountable because they can’t just hide behind an alt that is untraceable.

Can you find all of my characters?

2 Likes

MAC ID and Hardware ID are not the same thing.

A HWID ban tracks the serial number of pretty much all of your essential components. Motherboard, GPU, RAM, SSD/HD/M.2. If the ban detects and of them it will ban any new hardware attached to the already banned hardware.

1 Like

Are ppl opposed to btag on the forums if you were offered a free btag name?

Forums absolutely should be battle tag.

2 Likes

It’s already been proven the T squad, before they started using classic chars, used different bnets.

With a bnet tag, and some time, yes. I could also see the other games you end up playing for the times I’m checking it.

Anyone that knows the websites to use, can.

Very curious, given your previous post history (and posting on a fresh new bnet account. Wonder why that is when you were posting on a regular account previously? Hmm… Guess Blizz doesn’t check IP/Hardware to ensure certain users don’t come back after all!)

Wonder what you had posted about doing but never did, guess no one can believe your words after all.

No, I’m telling you to post my other characters and what games I have.

2 Likes

Fortunately i dont think there is a single person on the forums that actually believe them about… well pretty much anything really.

2 Likes

lol what :popcorn:

Did you mean to quote me in that?
Your reply doesnt seem to really fit

1 Like

Sure bro. Seems legit, lol. Has more posting than the most popular forums on the net. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

They also did it to me on the forums but the fact that they did it to a Blizzard CM on twitter and the Blizzard CM engaged and called them out did make me feel vindicated.

I hope Blizzard overall makes a solution since now others are impersonating people too which is something I thought they said they took seriously.

4 Likes

Oh geez.

I know there’s a thing where people post pics, on these very forums, of blue text with the forum background to make it look like a blue post, even if unintentional. Sounds like someone decided to get malicious with that ability.

You would be surprised…

2 Likes

Oh if this stuff is true then it makes sense why they are trying to fight back against any forum changes. :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

No idea, but I would just use ignore if I didn’t like someone or I would just not respond or click on the thread. People need to exercise self control and discipline.

I agree with this. Rarely I’ll use an alt to ask a class specific question in that sub forum (alt is that class). But GD should be mains.

The alts on GD who whine “I hate M+” without a single key are legion.

Referring to T & Co, they are not sincere. Its obvious.

And honestly, that would be fine, so long as there’s no way to actually hide what your main actually is.

“Fuzzbutt replies” I love your name lmao

2 Likes

Awe thank you <3

UwU
:fox_face:

3 Likes

To be fair the person isn’t in this thread, I was just replying to the commentary bcz I knew of the incident when the blizzard cm called someone out for impersonating them, and since it was the same person who impersonated me it did irk me.

I just hope they do something about that on the forums bcz it isn’t cool to impersonate others ever.

4 Likes