Are people going to take DPS Ferals now or?

But so do bears. So why bring cats when bears are the superior choice?

Because you might already have two tanks.

If you’re running Paladin and Warrior, for instance, then why would you need a Bear?

I would rather have a 3rd tank that can dps than a dps that can’t effectively tank.

Bears are not 4 fite.

I mean, we can go back and forth on this, but literally any fight where I might need 3 tanks, I would rather have the bear. There are zero fights where I would want the cat.

I do substantially more dps as a Cat than a Bear.

If you need 3 tanks, then your first two tanks are probably doing something wrong.

Magtheridon requires 3 tanks. Come again?

Ah, I understand now. I think that’s sadly just the reality of being a hybrid. There just isn’t enough space on the talent tree for multiple cat builds. HOWEVER, in phase 3 the tier 6 set bonus lets us mess around with mangle a bit, and offers a 6 second “Mangle > Shred > Shred” rotation instead of the typical double shred to conserve mana, but I dont know if that how useful that will actually be.

Yeah, for the Channelers. Once again, “tanks” which means it could be 3 Warriors and a Paladin, or any mixture of whatever. Not sure why it needs to be a Bear.

That doesn’t even matter and I don’t know why you brought it up because once the Channelers are gone, your Bear is going to go back to Cat form anyway while your Main Tank picks up the boss himself.

And? What is your cat doing during that phase besides providing substandard dps taking a slot that could have been used by a class that does significantly more dps? The cat and bear both provide crit. Give me the bear. Thanks.

That “substandard” dps is far more than any Bear will do.

Why would he stay bear if he’s not tanking is the point?

If he’s tanking the channeler’s once they die why would he need to stay bear to do less dps than his cat form? That doesn’t make sense.

Either way you’re going to have a feral because it buffs BM hunters and that’s all that matters.

Besides you’re a rogue, just wait outside the raid Incase we get any locked boxes we need opening after raid.

That’s not his point. His point is that both will end up cats for P2 but the Bear Cat will do less damage than the Cat Cat which completely ignores the fact that the Bear Cat performs a far more useful and necessary function in P1 than anything the Cat Cat does in any of the phases.

I don’t have an issue with people playing what they want. I have an issue with people coming on here and pretending that somehow the Cat Cat has a justified spot in any raid. It doesn’t. If your guild lets you Cat Cat, cool. That’s a fun guild probably filled with good people to chill with. But there is a reason this spec doesn’t exist in the sweatiest guilds where a Bear Cat does. It is the fact that tanking matters and Cat Cat dps doesn’t.

Um…wat?

You can play like you didn’t understand that, but you absolutely did.

Straight up, Feral DPS that is full time cat and isn’t spec’d to tank isn’t a viable spec for the sweatiest guilds. Feral Bear spec is a viable spec for the sweatiest guilds. Nothing you have said or will say will change that fact.

Dude what type of Cat ISNT specc’d to tank? Blizzard mashed all the bear and cat talents together in TBC. The builds are almost entirely identical. Also youre acting like a Cat main never tanks. There are very few “monocats”, most tank when needed but still play Cat for a lot of the time. I’ve probably spent 40% of my PVE time in the last 2 years tanking.

1 Like

If you talk nonsense, it won’t help your ability to make sense of it by telling the other party that they actually understand that nonsense.

Would a cat cat feral be able to tank channeler’s?

If so maybe the druid in the parse I was looking at for the top hunter is pure cat cat.

In tbc you’re stacking parties to be the best they can

The best party for a hunter is going to be.

BM hunter
BM hunter
BM hunter
Feral druid
Enhance shaman

He’s saying that feral has a tank spec and a cat spec.

2 Likes

Some ferals were pulling 1-1.2 k dps in vanilla.
/shrug

Also, Sodapoppin is blowing people up.