Are High Elves just a Meme at this point?

i actually like void elves more than i like belves personally. because of the hair and facial hair options. give me a sec and i’ll show you.

It’s not much about their physiology, but it’s not only their eyes that got changes, their skin and hair tones got changed in the process, and latter on some of them got infused with the Light from the Sunwell. On the side of the High Elves, it’s easy to make them look different, hair styles, hair colors, tattoos, facial hair, Arcane markings, different idle stance, purple eyes maybe.
Aside from that, don’t pretend Highmountain, Void Elves, Lightforged, Ma’ghar and Dark Iron Dwarves are a different race from their related Core Races.
You people are just creating a bunch of arbitrary barriers that didn’t existed for other Allied Races when they got implemented.

Who’s definition of a race? They were all High Elves and renamed themselves to Blood Elves to honor the 90% of their population that died in a single event. They didn’t decide that they had generically changed and should be called something else.

1 Like

question to those of you posting on max level void elf characters while acting like you didn’t want to play a belf. why exactly are you playing a belf then?

You remember how you went to telogrus rift and turned purple?

They went to Outland and got green eyes. (Or, got surrounded by Fel crystals and had the same thing happen to them.)

Blood Elves are as different from High Elves as Mag’har are from Orcs. Probably more with the way Elves react to magic.

You’re misunderstanding.

The only thing you know about someone asking for a High Elf is that they want High Elves to be playable.

Just so you’re aware, it’s possible to have a Void Elf, a Blood Elf and a High Elf all on the same account.

None of the Allied Races are a different race. Void Elves are High Elves that had something happened to them. Lightforged are space goats that had something happen to them.

Even the Kul Tirans are just tall, fat humans.

1 Like

Well then, what’s your argument?

1 Like

Because they are horde.Ez as that.

no… i’m asking why you have a max level belf you’re playing on alliance.

If Orcs and Ma’ghar are separated playable “races” despite being the same genealogical race with the difference that one is mutated by fel, then what lead you think that Blood Elves are exactly the same thing to High Elves?
It was not just a rename, a lot of events happened, their culture changed, their ideals changes, their alliances changed, their morals changed, their physiology changed.

3 Likes

So why High Elves cannot be a playable Allied Race?

1 Like

Void Elves literally are a “crack squad” invented out of thin air with zero presence in lore. Given Blizzard is willing to invent a race nobody asked for out of thin air, one that is a “squad” so what 12 people? 22? 30? into a playable race, I am unsure why numbers even matter at this point.

1 Like

Because Void Elves and Blood Elves are different.
Just like High Elves and Blood Elves are different.

Not sure why you’re having trouble with this.

2 Likes

The same as I have been saying the whole time. Void Elves are High Elves. That Blood Elves are High Elves.

In fact, all the Allied Races are not truly different races at all.

By the real world definition of race they are. The word you are looking for is species.

Just like the human species has different races so to do the species in WoW.

Yeah. And… so…

High Elves are a good candidate to be playable on Alliance side then.

the thing is these people don’t want to play horde to play the model they actually want to play. so even though they already have high elves (void elves) on their faction that don’t look how they want, they complain. it’s about looks mostly.

1 Like

You culture, morals, etc does not change your race.

looks? we have made it abundantly clear we want high elves for their associated culture and story.