Are High Elves just a Meme at this point?

Title, Blizz mentions them not being playable in their Q and A’s and they don’t seem to do anything and people just talk about them on the forums.

16 Likes

Yes, some people still want them.

But they’re also a big old laughing stock.

56 Likes

I thought they would show up in Warfronts, but the iconic priest from the barracks is now just a human.

I guess they got Lazy?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s going to happen, dawg. Unless maybe Blizzard winds up needing a Hail Mary.

6 Likes

Don’t see that happening anytime soon neither lol

1 Like

They certainly shouldn’t be anything else.

9 Likes

Have you heard of the high elves?

eats poisoned food and dies.

20 Likes

Well, there’re always a few Helves around the corner as xpacs go by, but I doubt they’ll ever become playable.

Haven’t particularily followed their activity but just by walking Boralus we have at least two (besides Alleria). “Sephiroth” (whatever his name was) doing island expeditons and Yvera Dawning in charge of the portal to Arathi.

1 Like

Yeah, that guy who protected Azerite miners while he was working for Shinra which was slowly harvesting the world’s resources till it was going to collapse but activated these colorful super strong weapons to try and destroy the parasites harvesting the planet to death?

I remember that guy.

Hey, wait a sec…

8 Likes

The same…no fake, 100% real.

You can see him hangint on Boralus harbor or as a horde during island expeditions. And no he wasn’t Cetra/Ancient, but he wasn’t human either, he was always High Elf.

Just in case you weren’t aware. There is a High elf mega thread. It’s meant to help with discussion and spam.

4 Likes

High elves are already a playable race.
:slightly_smiling_face:

47 Likes

This is something the Alliance can’t understand for some reason no matter what.

40 Likes

And then when you tell them to just play a blood elf death knight so they can have blue eyes they lose their sh@#.
Lol

27 Likes

Sometime after Blizzcon they did say they wanted to add extra customizations for Void Elves to feel more like High Elves. Haven’t heard anything since, but who knows.

I doubt actual Alliance 100% High Elves will ever be playable, unfortunately. You either gotta play Horde (gross :frowning:) or blue elves. I’m okay with blue, for now.

3 Likes

thought they made high elves playable back in TBC?

34 Likes

Yes, they are a joke now since we already have two of them. We also already have too many Elves.

We no longer consider ourselves “high elves” we are the children of the blood now

16 Likes

Who knew people would desire one of the most popular medieval fantasy races in its classic form.

6 Likes

We are born of the blood.

Made men by the blood.