Are High Elves just a Meme at this point?

such confidence. How much are you willing to bet on this being the case until the end of time?

I mean… World of Warcraft is full of a lot of Elves. It isn’t like we’re asking them to make up new ones, we’re asking them to add a really represented one. High Elves are in every expansion in the Alliance.

If World of Warcraft wants to represent World of Warcraft, they should let their Alliance Players play the race they have.

Besides… We haven’t hit peak elf until they also add: Half Elves, San’Layn, Dark Rangers (High/Blood AND Night), Keepers, Satyr’s and Naga… and FelBlood Elves. Did I miss any?

Nah. According to the WoW encyclopedia Blood Elves don’t consider themselves to be High Elves.

So… why are you being so rude to Blood Elves?

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on Blizzard to release an already existing chinese version of the forsaken that’s sitting on my hard drive artificially locked from me getting to use it on my warlock.

They’ve been half assing a lot of the new allied races. I wouldn’t really expect much new content from them when they can’t even fix the stuff we already have.

1 Like

Alliance getting Redeemed Undead as an AR as a prelude to the inevitable Lich King themed 10.0 expansion.

So that’s never gonna happen.

They might not consider themselves High Elves but genetically they are High Elves. They were all born as High Elves to High Elven parents.

High Elf is what race they belong to. Blood Elf is more of a nationality. When taken with the abnormally long lifespans of elves, they have been calling themselves Blood elves for a week or two. Probably shorter. Like a weekend.

4 Likes

Yeah. I will give you 1,000 gold if they give you High Elves. You know, other than the high elves both factions already have.

3 Likes

I tried to reason with the High Elf people in their thread yesterday after I found that they are having a logical fallacy where they are (either by being willfully ignorant or ignoring reality) confusing the “High Elf” race with a faction of High Elves.

I made them this graphic to help:

~https://i.imgur.com/O78xHEx.jpg

This way they had an actual visual aid to help them understand that, for example a Troll (High Elf) is not the same as a type of Troll (High Elf). So we have Jungle Trolls (Blood Elves) and compare them to say Forest Trolls (Void Elf). I tried even using other Alliance races NE and Dwarves, so they could see that a Dwarf (High Elf) is the same race regardless of what faction or adaptation/mutation they acquire. So you might have Dark Irons (Blood Elves) or Wildhammer (Void Elves), but in both cases the race is the same- Dwarf (High Elf).

Then a very odd fellow said this:

"https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Blood_elf_next_to_a_high_elf2.jpg

Let’s play a simple logical game.

How about you try and tell us which one of these elves is the High Elf and which one is the Blood Elf.

You seem to be struggling here."

And, I pointed out that he failed his own logic game because he is asking an illogical question. He was asking (repeatedly) a flawed question. The logical answer is that they are BOTH High Elves. However, he was attempting to ask a loaded question assuming I was a normal person that would fall for it, but I am autistic, so I clearly saw his trick. Thus, I tried to help him understand his flaw.

I said that it might help to think of High Elves as human beings in the real world and that he is showing me a picture of two women, one with green eyes and one with blue eyes, and asking me the question of, “Which one of these two women is human and which one has green eyes?” as if green-eyed women are inhuman or insuating that only blue-eyed women are human. However, I found that he, like the others, was unable to understand that a race is not the same as a faction.

I also suggested that Blizzard simply give the Blood Elves a blue eyes option since they are High Elves anyway and by this point may have well cleansed the fel from themselves. However, they were quite angry over my suggestion. It appeared that they strictly want a “Tolkienistic” elf playable strictly by the Alliance. It was quite funny to see the irrational and emotional fervor. lol

5 Likes

Not really.

If WoW even has “Genes” it’s obvious that in Elves they’re pretty magically reactive.

So the Blood Elves have those “Fel” genes. Moving towards “Light” genes.

High Elves are mostly arcane genes.

If genes exist at all.

Just like you’re full of shadow magic miss void elf.

1 Like

lol “Arcane genes!” I love it! I love headconnon like that. Wait, I think you are the unreasonable fellow from yesterday.

3 Likes

“I was in the High Elf thread yesterday, in a game where people with different models are different races, and tried to explain to him that they’re not different races because in the real world people have variances.”

nah man.

You just failed to be able to distinguish between a High Elf and a Blood Elf on the thread last night.

You’re still failing too.

Protip: Wow doesn’t work like the real world. If I’m playing and using face #7 on a Blood Elf. Then if I run into someone else using face #7 on a blood elf they’re neither my twin, nor my clone.

Blood Elves have green eyes because they soaked up “Fel” magic.

You claimed to have intellectual superpowers. Might want to start using them.

2 Likes

headcanon, my “Intellectual Superpower” friend.

I’m sorry you don’t understand how WoW’s Lore works.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I cannot respond to you. As I said in that other thread, it is futile to have a rational conversation with irrational people. For example, to use the flawed thinking you are currently following, you think that Jaina Proudmoore is not a human being. Yet, Kul Tirans are humans lol The same flawed logic you use on elves.

2 Likes

Is Jaina Proudmoore an Elf?

Other than the curse of the flesh, I’ve never seen magic physically change a human.

Well… those necromancers are getting a bit ashy.

The frustrating part is that they shouldn’t have ever become a Horde race.

Except High Elves belonged to the Alliance before Blood Elves were even a thing. If anything, High Elves should have been added to Alliance all that time ago and Blood Elves never became playable. That is what would have been fair instead of jumping through hoops to give the Horde a pretty race.

But… Here we are.

See? Irrational. I just cannot tell if you are willfully ignorant or actually incapable of understanding your fallacy. Anyway, good luck getting your Tolkien stuff on here.

2 Likes

You know… I figured you were trolling…

I’m starting to think you actually do have a painfully limited understanding of how biology works in WoW, particularly for the Dark Trolls and their descendants.

1 Like

lore has changed. blood elves have been horde since 2007. think about how long that is at this point. most of the high elves that existed are now belves.

this thread actually made me make a belf hunter that i’ve been putzing with today. so ty GD.

2 Likes

Biology in your head canon is not my concern. You do not understand that a race is a race whether in WoW or not. Unless you are literally trying to infer that game mechanics, like say how it will say “Kul Tiran Warrior” and “Human Warrior” is somehow lore lol However, whether they come from Kul Tiras or Stormwind, in the lore, they are (hate to break it to you) humans.

And High Elves have been in the Alliance since 1996… and have been in the Alliance concurrently with Blood Elves.

If you mean because the majority of Silvermoons occupants became Blood Elves? Yeah. Obviously. Not that it matters. Pointless statement is pointless.

If you mean, the ones that have been in the Alliance? False. Go to Suramar, or Isle of Thunder, or Dalaran, etc. etc.

But, like I said. Pointless comment. Blood Elves and High Elves are separate things.

Just like Void Elves and Blood Elves are separate things.

1 Like