Are High Elves just a Meme at this point?

I don’t think that’s how faction population balance would work.

Since the most popular horde race is bloodelves, if you give the alliance an identical version of that race what’s stopping them from jumping ship? I mean nobody plays Nightborne cause the model is ugly and very limiting, nothing like the NPC’s were grew to love. Voidelves aren’t as popular because they’re different enough to be different. Having that evil looking skintone with void tendrils slithering out of their hair obviously didn’t appeal to the type of player that would only play a bloodelf (or highelf).

I actually know someone who only played horde because the bloodelves existed. And would jump ship if she got the ability to play a high elf on the alliance. So yeah… sorry if I don’t find the idea of giving one of the best draws to the horde away to the alliance as a very appealing option. It would literally be game breaking.

I wish the WoW population wasn’t a bunch of prettyophiles but that’s just the facts.

1 Like

So because people have a different opinion of what we like. Means we are whiny?

2 Likes

12 years of being in the horde, being in the better skilled and more populous faction for both pvp and pve, the friends and guildmates they have, and also class/race combo limitations.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter though. Because a random guy who draws for a comic isn’t the same as the guy who would create and design a new playable race.

Don’t act like these images wouldn’t immediately be retconned once they established a proper half elf race.

Downplaying the relevance of High Elves has the unfortunate implication of making Blood Elves be rather incompetent and irrelevant if they were matched by the High Elves in almost every expansion.

1 Like

Because some Blood Elves want to play Blood Elves?

And if they don’t then it’s better if they get to play what they want to actually play.

Also, Void Elves are pretty. So the majority of people who wanted to jump to Alliance for a pretty race already did it.

not a real issue.

2 Likes

It’s only better skilled and more populous because of the bloodelves. If everyone is jumping ship cause they got no reason to stick around in the horde anymore more would follow.

Don’t act like it hasn’t been done before. Where were all those guild connections and loyalty when blizzard farted on the bed (unbalanced racials and ugly mudhut garrisons) back in WoD? When EVERYONE who wanted to PvP faction swapped to alliance.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that they’re the only new Alliance AR that has remotely any generic appeal.

Dark Iron Dwarves, the only exception, are still Dwarfs, one of the least popular races.

You heard about the high elves, but… have you heard of the high belves? We got a better covenant and everything.

2 Likes

like I said we there is precedent for and we are even moving towards in what media we are shown that half elves are essentially high elves and modern high elves are a mix of humans and elves. both culturally and quite possibly physically.

We see this as jest from elisande during her speech where she calls them out for abandoning their heritage and “mingling with lesser races”

1 Like

Throwing shade at all three Windrunner sisters at once.

Kween.

1 Like

That is the reason people switched. Currently the horde has a higher population of raiders and pvpers and also has the better racials overall. Therefore blood elves have little incentive to faction swap to high elves unless of course that is what they want to play and if so why stop them from doing that.

Keep in mind that the current faction imbalance at max level is close to 20% in favor of the horde.

Void elves are only pretty to people who think they’re pretty. Personally I like all the races, even the fat ogres that joined the alliance recently. Blizzard has a strange talent to make anything attractive when they want to.

But for someone who only wants to play a flesh colored elf and thats the only character they make, they’d abandon the horde for the alliance in a heartbeat. These people are a majority otherwise the horde race imbalance wouldn’t be so laughably onesided.

These people are overwhelming in numbers. Just like all the generic boring people who can only play humans on the alliance side. Hey we’re playing a game in a world with all these interesting races, let me make 8 human alts.

1 Like

You really don’t have a lot of faith in horde players. I doubt there will be any major shift to the alliance and if there is it very well might be enough to correct the current imbalance but I would be shocked if we even got that far.

Well, like I said, First… That’s fine. That’s not all 25% of the Blood Elves that play on the Horde.

Second, a lot of them already switched sides.

I feel like at most they’d lose 4-5% and… that’s about what the Horde has got on the Alliance right now. So, that’s ok.

They’ll be fine anyways.

And they can add San’Layn to the Horde. You know how many Void Elves we’d lose to go play some Vampires?

Which is also fine.

2 Likes

I mean why should I? They already abandoned the faction once. Having a 0.01% edge in PvP or a prettier garrison to afk in is nothing compared to getting to play as an ideal character type you’re obsessed with.

Meanwhile I make it a point to play 90% of the races even repeating a class to try out some allied races. On both factions. People like me are in the minority.

I am part of the minority that plays literally everything. I am constantly begging blizzard to increase account wide character slots because I want to have a character of every racial class fantasy.

1 Like

It’s ironic coming from me posting on a nightelf character but wouldn’t this just make this world of elfcraft? As neat as the vampires or dark rangers would appeal to my personal tastes I’d much rather see new allied races bringing something new to the table.

No. High Elves are Blood Elves and Void Elves at this point.

It isn’t ever going to happen. Maybe an April Fools joke but that’s it.

4 Likes

I mean there are a lot of allied races that would be coming before high elves and san’layn.

AT the soonest we suspect high elves would happen would be as a pre order for the next expansion similar to the first 4 but themed around “old allegiances” with the factions recruiting long standing allies to the cause.

though how likely that is is debatable and the only ground it has to stand on is blizzard taking feedback from community backlash requesting they want these long standing allies as playable races instead of these new ones.

SO if it doesn’t happen then the next likely place that high elves could be added would be wrath 2.0 paired with san’layn.

so expect a lot of other races before we get more elves.

1 Like