Are casters allowed anything?

Ppl are like that due to the race only being one class. So they view the only class it can be must have a melee/tank spec.

This was predictable and had been a thing discussed on the forums since the announcement.

Blizz oughtta have known better then to pull a one class pony race.

4 Likes

I would go one step further and make all casters capable of casting while moving and adding incentives to turreting to preserve a “proper caster” playstyle. There is no secret or surprise why BM hunters are so picked as a range DPS option. Being fully mobile and able to “cast” while moving allows people to react to situations and not lose damage.

The fact that human beings can speak and do hand gestures while running around implies that magic can be performed while running around. I’d give a stacking buff of some sort for every cast or second spent while not moving.

1 Like

Well considering they’ve been asleep for like 20,000 years wouldn’t really make sense for them to know the skills of other races like at all when they were created mortal races were only just starting to appear

Well said! DKs. Melee. DHs. Melee. Monk. Melee (ehh healing too). All 3 have tanks/melee. God forbid they make a new class only for for casters.

3 Likes

Even a cave man is able to pick up a weapon and swing it, so i will have to disagree on that on a few classes.

2 Likes

In a document, make 2 columns called melee and caster and enter all the specs and classes created post launch in each of them. And now imagine that casters had got as many as melee have and melee had gotten the equivalent of a scuffed melee class (corresponding to mistweaver).

In the above case, would “melee / tank” feel the same as they do now if dracthyr / evokers were a new race and class after ages and the first new race / class that was melee in the history of the game?

So I’ve said this in other threads but what exactly were they planning on having them fight? There were no types of humanoids they might have dealt with prior to lockdown. I mean they were around prior long enough to have groups focused on different things and training in those, and one would figure that training would be in enemy tactics so you know what to watch out for.

No its more god forbid they make a class for casters which is the only class the new dragon race can play.

The design space for tank classes was exhausted a long time ago. Ever since Monks, Blizzard has been borrowing from peter, to pay paul, when it comes to tank design.

2 Likes

Dragons specifically the Primalists

1 Like

Make sure to note though that melee did catch up for 12 years in total number

I’m willing to be wrong but I’ll be surprised if we see the past and there are zero weapon users on the bad guys side. Just like I’ll be back and pointing at the first Dracthyr I see using a shield or weapon not on the evokers list. Because we do know that players are the only Dracthyr that “have” be evokers. In fact Evokers are rare and where simply the pinnacle of the Dracthyr race.

I think you’re misunderstanding the critique.

Why does it only have two specs? Seems lazy, just like DH was.

1 Like

They were literally Dragons they couldn’t use stuff like swords and shields and even if they could why would they like the reason Dracthyr were created was because Dragons fighting Dragons wasn’t working out

Less class tuning if anything it’s a really good idea don’t end up with druid who can do everything but are like masters of absolutely nothing at all

Like I said we haven’t seen much of that and I am willing to be wrong on that point. Heck even glad to be wrong because it seems like at that point they are at least trying to keep lore consistent.

Not fully, they are dragon mortal hybrids, they always had portable fingures.

If they can carry a weapon, they can be a warrior, rogue, or hunter.

They are endowed with the blue flights power, which allows them to control arcane, they can be mages easily.

1 Like

Dragons are usually attacking from range. It makes sense considering that.

Also, IF they had tanks, they’d be the bronze dragon flight.

I mean, their healing spec is melee as well. Holy paladin is also melee. If you group healers in with ranged DPS, then we have 2 fewer options for ranged currently, and DF will bring us back to exactly how many options we had in vanilla.

Here video on their lore just obvious spoiler warning

Every class that has been added has a tank spec. Why do you honestly need another?

1 Like