Are casters allowed anything?

Like sick of seeing these “why doesn’t Dracthyr have a tank or melee dps spec” threads and replies like have you people considered that the world doesn’t revolve around you?

Like casters finally get our turn at a new class and all the melee and tanks start complaining because apparently ruining any chances of Necromancers existing and stealing a bunch of Warlock abilities so you could get two fancy tank/melee dps hero classes isn’t enough.

Like hope Blizzard keeps Evoker a pure caster forever don’t need more melee dps or tanks at all already have enough.

Edit: Ok so this got a lot more attention then expected… but well thank you for all your replies that tbh would take way too long to read but if you have any more criticism for me specifically just reply too my new main as I swapped to healer shortly after making this post right here

71 Likes

I understand the wanting for a tank spec & you can see the vestigial makings of one in the Class Tree (down the middle, black dragonflight stuff), but I agree with them not having one.

2 Likes

What’s with this class/role tribalism.

Dracthyr having a 3rd/4th spec is a detriment to literally noone.

You complaining about nonsense.

63 Likes

Should be caster healer or dps not another melee of any kind

7 Likes

Big ol’ dragon / lizard people aesthetically make sense to have a melee-oriented attack style. Not exclusively, but it’s like Worgen being exclusively casters IMO. It’d be weird. It is weird.

I agree with them not getting melee simply because EVERY new class is ALWAYS pure melee or melee-heavy. But as far as fitting the race goes, weird decision here.

18 Likes

If Evoker gets a third spec, maybe it could be a hybrid like Enhancement.

6 Likes

It is because it’s taking away resources to make a spec(tank) that not many will play because tanking is not as popular.

Would rather they just fully focus on the 2 ranged specs they got now.

8 Likes

Bruh we weren’t even allowed a spec thanks to Demon Hunters

I know you brought up demon hunters. It just bugs me we got gutted and then people cried we still did pretty okay dps

8 Likes

This sounds like first world problems. Did you know there are people starving out there?

You probably don’t care tho cause you’re too busy worried about some pixels in a video game.

It was clearly done because Blizz didn’t want to do a 3rd spec, no other reason.

They figured they got away with a 2 spec new class for Demon Hunters (namely because the fantasy was basically captured in 2 specs and it actually did make sense)… so it’s fine to do it again even when it makes no sense whatsoever… Evokers, the masters of the Dragon Aspect, apparently kinda forgot about the Black Dragonflight.

8 Likes

if there was one thing id do for casters… it would be letting them interrupt without stopping their current cast.

melee has no downside to pressing interrupt - it should be the same for casters imo. (they already have a longer cooldown on it anyways.)

5 Likes

I don’t care much one way or the other, but I do kinda wish it had a tank spec.

Right now there is only 1 class in the game (Druid) that can tank and be ranged dps. Another option would have been nice.

10 Likes

What do you mean “you people”?

Fine. Then open up Monks, DK’s, and DH’s to have a ranged spec.

First new caster in the game and people all whiny that they can’t be tanks. Ranged players over here all “wtf”

11 Likes

It’s not just about “we want more melee” or “we want more tanks”, it’s also the fantasy of playing a dragon. When I imagine playing as a dragon I picture my character using their size to barrel through hordes of enemies, their sharp claws to slash them, their impressive teeth to break bones, and their spiked trails to batter people around, all while occasionally breathing fire.

It simply makes no sense at all that the devs looked at the impressive physical attributes of dragons and came to the conclusion that their dedicated class should ONLY be ranged. It would be more work, but imo Evoker should have been the second four spec class, covering every play style just like Druid already does.

21 Likes

i mean you must not care either since you are here to right?

5 Likes

Pure ranged doesn’t really make sense for those classes, sure you could maybe come up with some ideas but they would feel forced. Dragons as melee or tank fits them so well that it feels bizarre for those to NOT be an option.

I would have no problem with a new ranged only class if it made sense. Evoker as ranged only does NOT make sense.

2 Likes

It’s not about it being a detriment. It’s about the fact that every time something new was added, it was mostly melee focused. In the case of hero classes, all of them melee focused. Casters didn’t complain and say demon hunters or death knights should have a caster spec. They said “oh okay” and they continued to play their casters, or tried something new.

The second the casters are in the limelight and getting something new that is hero classed focused, everyone and their mother started complaining that it should have a tank spec. It shouldn’t. It doesn’t. And good that it doesn’t. Casters can finally have a shiny new toy.

13 Likes

Because it is a DRAGON class, a dragon class SHOULD have melee and tank as options in addition to ranged and healer, all four roles should be available to them.

This isn’t a ranged vs melee feud, at least not from the melee/tank players. It’s a question of “Why the Fel can’t dragons use their strength, teeth, tail, and claws to fight!?”.

6 Likes

Yes it very much does they use aspect powers aka magic like seriously?

2 Likes