Are batttlegrounds actualy dead?

battlegrounds have never felt this bad to play since i started wow in BC

12 Likes

are you queuing under 60 or u doing 70s ? it depends time of day i usually get pretty quick ques . lowbies is forget it just do 70s lol

1 Like

No. They are not.

4 Likes

It’s full of muli boxers, bots, and exploiters. Occasionally you get a lobby full of gamers. Agree or not means nothing to me. I’ve seen it myself.

1 Like

Yea, they’re def dead… 5 - 10 years ago I could play 20 epics in a day and never see the same name twice either on my team or the opposing team. Now it’s A LOT, in fact a ton of the same names over and over and over again so there’s that.

14 Likes

i think the up to 50 min queues might indicate a decline in people playing ebgs: at the start of the expansion to mid, it was 5 mins at most even at off hours. now it takes forever. :frowning:

2 Likes

Takes 4 to 7 minutes on my server +/- 15mins depending on if you do Epic BGs and face a premade. Normal BGs and Blitz take about 5-10min queues

1 Like

ebgs r lik 10m on allie and 2-5 on horde

Are you playing at 3am and/or sub max level?

1 Like

I would agree with this statement, but they are not quite dead. ‘Dead-ish’ at certain times of day, maybe.

It’s just that the more and more of general population is leaving. The ones who remain are mostly power players who are very competitive and it makes even random BGs into big sweat matches. (Not insulting lack of hygiene here, but more meaning that you have to sweat a lot to win these days).

EBGs are mostly premades, random BGs are mostly 5 mans, only Blitz remains as more or less fun experience. Although those queue pops are very sus, like someone is trying to sync queue Bliztes too. But oh well, at least it feels rather fair. If not, they go by fast enough to not bother.

That’s why I’m convinced that Blitz style BGs is the only way forward for random BGs. Because slower BG formats have been consumed by power players at this stage.

8 Likes

Random battlegrounds? No, they aren’t. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

you can quote my entire post next time. :clown_face: thanks!

1 Like

What vital piece of information do you think I missed, exactly

I’ll just ignore your profile and you can contemplate and read
it a few times in silence. peace :+1:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed it wasn’t a shuffle complaint with mention of lobby

Because this is the battleground forum and a thread about battlegrounds

Yeah.

1 Like

random bgs have the shortest queues on horde side… shorter than blitz and shuffle and faster than finding a healer for 2s or 3s.

So bgs are the shortest queue option for pvp for all dps. Whereas healers can find groups for 3s 2s and rbgs faster than a random bg if the stars line up.

Loss of subscribers damaged them a lot, but having 4 different versions of WOW hurts queue times as well.

Doesn’t help that retail pvp rarely gets updates these days, whereas sod gets hotfixes every week.

7 Likes

Random/epic bgs be poppin. They always be poppin. They always will be poppin.

Q times are a few minutes at 70 every single time I queue. It was even faster on my recently departed Hordee.

Definitely, dead through the low levels, and it never used to be like that. Like someone else posted, used to get instant queues most of the time back in the day. Now it’s waits all the time.

If you do get in on 10-19 you get twinks mainly Resto druids and Resto Shamans one shotting along with rapid fire huntards. These no lifes level toons over and over again and leave early before they get XP. 20-29 30-39 both have long queues, 40-49 good luck getting a bg in that bracket. 50-59 if you’re lucky you’ll get a few games in.

Level 60 twinks in 60-69 run about like they own the place and thinking their special but stuck in a timewarp from the previous expansion. You also have sweaty priests running about thinking they are cool with their pain suppression and taking on 5 players and laughing if they don’t die, like we care lol.

Also premades in the 60-69 , oh and how can I forget the Party Sync 70s who can’t play their own bracket. Very embarrassing to see players thinking they own BGs when they cannot play at 70. I could never stoop to that level the “look at me I’ve got loads of health and access to talents you don’t have players because I’m 70”.

Blizzard focusing on Classic crap is very much a factor. We don’t have PVP devs team in retail and it’s sickening. After all we pay subs like everyone else.

As said above raid like premades in Epics at 70 is ruining that experience along with Blizzards lack of interest or care to fix NPCs, glaives etc. They don’t care and the mess they’ve made re solo shuffle etc, rated bgs is also down to lack of interest from Blizzard.

So only choice is to play 70 get your conquest each day and logoff. It’s a mess and no wonder there is no new blood into PVP. Mainly I blame Blizzard for lack of care and going where they make most money.

3 Likes